cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay lost the link my facebook page, and I cannot relink it

I have been using social announcements about 2 months with instagram, facebook and pinterest. Today, I saw the facebook page was no longer linked and I could not re-link it. Customer support tried to help, but I have to wait until Monday (or later) for a specific support group to help with this.  I also added the same email I use for my ebay account to facebook - that made no difference.

Has anyone else had this problem?  If it was resolved, I'd like to hear the solution - thanks.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ynotmore  @annabanana1939  - there is a current known issue with this and a sitewide ticket open under ALERT15184. Reference that alert when contacting support to add yourselves to the list of impacted accounts.

More info:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Sharing-Listing-to-Facebook-Error/m-p/342... 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I am having exact same problem I was linked and then I was not. I even created a new Facebook page and it will not link. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@ynotmore  @annabanana1939  - there is a current known issue with this and a sitewide ticket open under ALERT15184. Reference that alert when contacting support to add yourselves to the list of impacted accounts.

More info:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Sharing-Listing-to-Facebook-Error/m-p/342... 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

devon@ebay 

I have seen several more sellers posting about this issue (ALERT15184). I think it would be helpful to add this ALERT to the pinned thread on the Report eBay Technical Issues Community Board. 

Thank You!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

devon@ebay 

I have seen several more sellers posting about this issue (ALERT15184). I think it would be helpful to add this ALERT to the pinned thread on the Report eBay Technical Issues Community Board. 

Thank You!

Hey @mcdougle4248! I will be sure to have this issue added to the Tech board today!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thanks Devon...Many of us are having this issue.  Appreciate you addressing it so quickly.  Have a great day. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thank you!

In case you did not already know, You are Awesome and Much Appreciated 😊

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Thank you!

In case you did not already know, You are Awesome and Much Appreciated 😊

@mcdougle4248 Thank you for the appreciation and the Tech board has been updated! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Any updates on the FB issue?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I would also like to know,  I'm losing facebook followers for my store by the day because I cannot link anything

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@thecomicspot 

For the last few days, the Share hyperlink on the listing page and also the link accessed under the drop-down to the left of the listing on the Active Listings page have been working for me to share listings to Facebook.  If that does not work for you you can try the steps below that I have used previously to share listings on Facebook.    

Here is how I have been sharing my listings directly on my Facebook page:

1.  Log on to your Facebook page.

2.  Open the listing page you want to share (like a buyer would see it) and copy the URL.

3.  Start a new post on Facebook. Paste the URL into the text box. Add whatever it is that you want to say about the item.

4. In most cases, once I paste the URL into the text box, the photo of the listing populates the post. If not you can add it from your picture file.

6.  Post

This is time-consuming and not optimal, however, if it is important to your business to share your listings then you may want to give it a try. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply