cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay deleted thousands of required item specifics from listings.

ebay has some nerve to update item specifics requirements, then delete them when they were already there.

What am I supposed to do now, they removed everything from titles, to media types (DVD, Blu-Ray, etc), language, and so on.

All these item specifics were already there. Now ebay says they are required, then deletes all of them!

I already went back and updated over 500+ listings with item specifics that ebay deleted earlier this year. Now they're deleting them all again.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: ebay deleted thousands of required item specifics from listings.

Was able to contact support, they clarified ebay is having problems with item specifics. Meanwhile, my sales are down the tubes. There's so much data missing its unreal. Basic things like titles, format, language, are missing. I already updated over 100 listings today so far, so that tomorrow they can delete them again.

Just wait till ebay starts suspending sellers accounts over required item specifics, despite the fact ebay is the one deleting them.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Sorry to hear you lost a lot of your item specifics. Same thing happened to me in shoes. Have you tried downloading the file from seller hub to excel. It is so much faster to add the IS this way.  Good luck. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@dietaryconsultant  - can you expand a little on how you accomplished that?  I tried multiple times and every time what was downloaded into excel was just garbage.  Once you updated it in excel - how do you get it back?  TIA

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I download and upload from seller hub under Listings. Over to the right just before the listings start you will see customize table, print, download, upload.  Click download and choose which category you want to download. You can do up to 3. I would only select one at first until you are comfortable with the process. The excel sheet has the item title and all item specifics. When you click on a cell and it will give you a drop down menu of the choices.  When you are finished click file save as and change the file format to CSV.  Go back to ebay click upload and choose the CSV file you just saved. Its very simply and much faster. I hope this helps. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Omgoodness.  You might have just changed my life.

Thank you.  1st logical approach to this mess yet.

Last night item sells I had revised.  Go to "relist".... wont.  Makes me "sell similar".  When I do, ALL previously inserted/updated IS are no longer there.  Cannot promote to campaign.  Maddening. 

Sincerest, TY.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I just decided I don't care if they break their stuff.  I won't play their games anymore.  If the stuff doesn't sell that isn't my problem.  I am putting my time into selling elsewhere rather than fixing their problems.  The IS will just stay missing on my listings.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I SO want to ignore it also.  But my inventory investment screams louder than e-bay does.  😞

Sales elsewhere this week clicking right along.  E-bay sure missed out on revenue this week.  

River raft pretty loaded down.  123 this week as of this morning - 71 were FBA.  E-bay really needs to get it together.  Stop wearing big gurl panties as a hat.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Yeah, this didn't work for me. Only downloaded 12 of 190+ virtually identical listings.  Then only accepted 1 uploaded (again, virtually identical) correction. 

When I try to individually make the changes to each listing, eBay won't accept those changes.

Nobody has time for this!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

So glad it helped! I love excel and being able to use it to update the IS is great. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

E-bay really needs to get it together.  Stop wearing big gurl panties as a hat.

@katzrul15 

LOL @ as a hat.  Do you happen to know what category they put the "spew guard"?  I have coffee everywhere after reading that.   

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Good point, I now realize that when I started having multiple issues with ITEM SPECIFICS was the same time my very consistent sales flow decreased. I assumed it was due to nicer weather and new CDC guidelines. Also, eBay is suddenly giving me for having non-eBay links in 8 of my listings, probably several that I incorporated into a few listings inadvertently when I cut & pasted artist information from another website to provide more information for buyers. Just baffles me how arbitrary eBay operates.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@gamersbaystore 

did any of your IS come back on their own?  I've seen some posts that some IS were restored by Ebay?

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Had the same exact thing happen to me. ebay said I had links in my listings, I found out it came from copying and pasting info for the descriptions of my movies. I didn't actually input any links, the issue is actually ebays fault, of course they would rather blame the seller.

If ebay was so concerned about links, then why don't they just block them?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I fixed all the listings manually, and now just today I can't enter in a release year for some of the new listings I made.

All of my movies are still missing the media type, such as movie or TV series, etc. I fixed some, but I'm not even going to bother trying to fix over 1,000 listings that still have this issue.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply