cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay TV ads!

Whether you like them or not, it's good to see the marketplace doing a Holiday Marketing campaign! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5D04TFRTbA&list=PLwu9gSmfQdCK6-lMzv4B8r5jQC0Ev3EmG&index=5

OOPS! Sorry, this is etsy, not ebay. I guess we might have to wait just a little longer before ebay announces its Holiday Marketing campaign....but with November staring tomorrow, I'm sure it will be soon.

Or never.

Wait and see....

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: ebay TV ads!

I was checking FaceBook after I posted, and there was yet another eBay ad on my page.

Looks like eBay goes where the eyeballs are.

People who buy car parts watch broadcast TV,and I wonder which shows or networks, because there are huge differences in the demographics of different shows.

Collectors seem to use FaceBook.

Has anyone seen You Tube ads?  I have AdBlockPlus on YT, so I only see the commercials in my subscribed channels like Tasting History or Aurakaterina.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I watched TV tonight for the first time in two weeks, if you don't count Jeopardy .

But no commercials of any sort because first I watched Disenchantment on Netflix and then Shorsey on CraveTV.  (Not as good as Letterkenney but still fun in a sweary sort of way. )

On the other hand, I regularly see eBay ads on my FaceBook page, and usually for collectibles.

@12345jamesstamps  I try to watch the SuperBowl too, but they don't put the halftime show on at a regular posted time, just some football game, so I watch the show  on YouTube where it's usually posted by the next day.  Most of the commercials are on YT even before that.

eBays also been running ads on Roku channels and inside phone apps.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Hallmark movies and etsy-- sounds like a match.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

ebay doesn't advertise nearly enough. I never see an ebay ad on a streaming service, and we have about 6 of them. IMO lack of marketing is going to send ebay into obscurity, slowly but surely.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply