cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay to Intermediate Payments on its Marketplace Platform-idea for paypal

So..i read this and i thought>>HEY paypal..its time for you to just start your own ebay type auction/selling site and call it Eblaze2.0. You already have the payment structure right? Now just slightly copy the ebay method and undercut ebay fee's and lower your own fee's for like 1-3 yrs to users. Paypal you could seriously make this happen easily and slap ebay in the face.I for one would leave ebay in a heartbeat and join. I like paypal and do wish the fee's were less but maybe for people who join Eblaze2.0 the fee's can be less for a promotional timeframe??

Anyhow these are my thoughts.If i had $$$$$$$$ and some brainiac coders i would start my own EBlaze2.0 and whipe ebay off the map withing 2 yrs.Attract all of ebays users and keep paypal and maybe even partner with amazon.Maybe not that but i would listen to sellers complaints on ebay and make Eblaze 2.0 much better.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay to Intermediate Payments on its Marketplace Platform-idea for paypal

AWESOME - I'm only waiting for a new selling venue to open up and then I'm out the door. Really think with this new payment company coming onboard there will be a mass exodus once we hear the specifics and discover the kinks. There is comfort in knowing that a call to Paypal will achieve something and solve a problem instead of hearing it was a glitch! They also don't tend to mess up with their charges and invoices like Ebay does.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

wrote:

So..i read this and i thought>>HEY paypal..its time for you to just start your own ebay type auction/selling site and call it Eblaze2.0. You already have the payment structure right? Now just slightly copy the ebay method and undercut ebay fee's and lower your own fee's for like 1-3 yrs to users. Paypal you could seriously make this happen easily and slap ebay in the face.I for one would leave ebay in a heartbeat and join. I like paypal and do wish the fee's were less but maybe for people who join Eblaze2.0 the fee's can be less for a promotional timeframe??

Anyhow these are my thoughts.If i had $$$$$$$$ and some brainiac coders i would start my own EBlaze2.0 and whipe ebay off the map withing 2 yrs.Attract all of ebays users and keep paypal and maybe even partner with amazon.Maybe not that but i would listen to sellers complaints on ebay and make Eblaze 2.0 much better.

Why would they want to do that?

They are a PAYMENTS platform, accepted on millions of sites.

That's like calling for Bank of America to open its own auction site because, you know, they handle money already....

😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

wrote:

when they split in 2015 paypal agreed that they would not compete with ebay by creating its own marketplace

http://fortune.comhttp://fortune.com/2015/04/09/ebay-paypal-split//2015/04/09/ebay-paypal-split/

If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click "Accept as Solution."

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

penguins_dont_fly, I think gusher4you had a bit of tongue in cheek because ebay is opening their own in house payment system, so paypal should open their own auction site....get it!?
Smile and see the humor in life
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I Like eBay.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@jay-leehzywrote:
penguins_dont_fly, I think gusher4you had a bit of tongue in cheek because ebay is opening their own in house payment system, so paypal should open their own auction site....get it!?
Smile and see the humor in life

A bit more than tongue in cheek.  The OP actually named the new paypal venue along with a loosely defined fee structures.  Not to mention a loud cheer of lets go for it rally cry.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply