cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay’s promotional offerS to sellers ARE NOT BEING HONORED BY EBAY AFTER BEING ACTIVATED

eBay’s promotional offers to sellers ARE NOT BEING HONORED BY EBAY AFTER BEING ACTIVATED. 

I ACTIVATED 2 OF EBAYS PROMOTIONAL SELLER OFFERS THIS WEEK FOR FREE LISTINGS AND EBAY DID NOT HONOR THEM. I RECALL ONE OF THEM ENDED MAY 17TH  I BELIEVE. THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE PAST AND I HAVE CALLED EBAY , ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT I SHOULD HAVE CALLED DURING THE PERIOD OF THE OFFER IN QUESTION. I DIDN'T BOTHER CALLING THIS TIME ABOUT THE NEW 2 OFFERS LAST WEEK, THAT WERE NOT HONORED. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE EBAY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND IT IS NOT IN THE SELLERS FAVOR WHO IS ACCPETING AND ACTIVATING THESE OFFERS. IT JUST CAN'T BE A CONTINUAL MISTAKE ON EBAYS PART.

I AM NOT YELLING, I JUST TYPE FASTER AND ALWAYS IN UPPER CASE - SORRY.  DO YOU HAVE ANY RESOLUTIONS FOR ME OTHER THEN HAVING TO CALL EBAY EACH TIME THIS HAPPENS. IF I AM MISSING THE FINE PRINT, WHERE IS IT LOCATED?? I AM PRETTY GOOD AT NAVIGATING ON EBAY AND NOT NEW AT ALL. THANKS A BUNCH

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: eBay’s promotional offerS to sellers ARE NOT BEING HONORED BY EBAY AFTER BEING ACTIVATED

Without seeing the offer, no one can tell if you are missing something.

I can tell you that I've had one promo that was fvf credit, not free listings, and everytime one of those comes out, some sellers don't read carefully and think it is free listings.  As I say, no way to tell if that's so on yours or not.

If you post here WITH the fine print, when something doesn't work they way you think it should, people can help....  but it needs to be before it expires. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: eBay’s promotional offerS to sellers ARE NOT BEING HONORED BY EBAY AFTER BEING ACTIVATED

fwiw, the one that ended May 17th had to be for FP with Best Offer and for 30 day duration (that last part was not in the offer btw)

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I had the same thing happen last week too. They said 100 free listings then took from my initial 50. I stopped listing.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I had a similar issue with the last offer - it was 100 free listings, but in the fine print, all of your listings had to have "Best Offer" activated.  If you did not activate Best Offer, they were not counted against the 100 free listings...and, probably like me, you depleted your 50 free listings for the month while figuring that out.  But it was right there in the fine print.  

I am not dogpiling on you, it seemed a bit shady by Ebay to do that, but then again they do give you free listings with requirements all the time (50 auction only, 500 Good Till Removed, etc.).  You just have to read the fine print on these offers, sometimes.  

Sorry.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Does ebay have a deliberate problem with COMMUNICATION?
Why hide the details?
State the offer with bullet point qualifications on the SAME PAGE.
Enough with teaser headlines.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THE OFFER WOULDN'T WORK AND SO I DID NOT COPY IT. TRUST ME IT WAS AN OFFER. AND AS SOON AS I ACCPETED A TIRED TO USE IT. THEN I WENT BACK TO FIND IT AGAIN UNDER MY FEED ETC.. AND IT HAD DISAPPEARED THAT QUICKLY, SO I COULD NOT REFERENCE IT AT ALL. JUST TOO WIERD & AS I SAID, I DO READ EVERYTHING BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN CAUGHT BY FINE PRINT IN THE PAST, WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SNEAKY THESE DAYS?? IT IS NOTICEABLE.  SINCERELY, THANKS FOR TRYING THOUGH. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I TOTALLY AGREE , WHY ALL THE SNEAKINESS ON EBAYS PART. I REALIZE THEY FEEL THEY ARE DOING A GREAT JOB WITH THIS STUFF, BUT THEY ARE NOT.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

HAVE TO LAUGH AT YOUR BLACK KETTLE.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I'VE NEVER SEEN THE 500 GOOD TILL CANCELLED. ALSO EBAY USED TO ADVERTISE/SEND THE OFFERS DIRECTLY TO A SELLERS MESSAGES, NOW THEY MAKE US HUNT FOR THE OFFERS. IT IS SAD BECAUSE I ENJOY USING EBAY, BUT I HAVE MOVED MANY OF MY ITEMS TO OTHER SITES DO TO THE EXTRA BRAIN TEASERS ON EBAYS BEHALF. IT IS TIME CONSUMING ENOUGH & WE DO PAY FOR THE EBAY SERVICES. SINCERELY!!
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

With all the offers from Ebay you have to do the same thing, before getting excited read it and read it again specially the fine print, because normally they are not what they seem at first glance.

I also got the an additional 100 free listings, then I read that I would be able to use them AFTER  all my free were used, problem is that my free are for a whole month and the offer for 5 days or whatever, so using my free first would have stopped me from listing after the "offer" was done.

May be this is not a factor for some big sellers, but for me it was so I didn't even activate it.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

That's the curious part...I'll get all manner of personal e-mails from ebay, but NEVER one about a promo. I have to go into my ebay messages (which I don't have a habit of) to discover one, or stumble on one being mentioned at some another site.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply