cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay’s Multi-User Account Access is Now Live to all Sellers* in the U.S.

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

* Shared from eBay Inc. Blog

eBay is enabling sellers to better manage their business by securely granting access to employees to create drafts, edit and launch listings on their behalf.

eBay now has a solution for sellers that may need help managing their online businesses. Multi-User Account Access (MUAA) is eBay’s latest feature that enables sellers to grant access to Listings within their Seller Hub in a more private and secure way. 

Sellers can now add employees or delegates to perform seller activities on their behalf without giving full access to their eBay account.

Here’s how it works: Sellers invite employees as users, granting each user specific permissions and access for tasks like editing, drafting and publishing listings. Employees then create an account and can access the Seller Hub in their own view. This provides both users — the seller and the employee — added security and privacy for their eBay account.

Check it out on the eBay Account Settings today! 

If you’d like to learn more about how we implemented this feature, read this Engineering blog post.

* All U.S. sellers that are opt-ed in to Seller Hub now have access to Multi-User Account Access.

eBay now has a solution for sellers that may need help managing their online businesses. Multi-User Account Access (MUAA) is eBay’s latest feature that enables sellers to grant access to Listings within their Seller Hub in a more private and secure way. 

Sellers can now add employees or delegates to perform seller activities on their behalf without giving full access to their eBay account.

Here’s how it works: Sellers invite employees as users, granting each user specific permissions and access for tasks like editing, drafting and publishing listings. Employees then create an account and can access the Seller Hub in their own view. This provides both users — the seller and the employee — added security and privacy for their eBay account.

Check it out on the eBay Account Settings today!

If you’d like to learn more about how we implemented this feature, read this Engineering blog post.

* All U.S. sellers that are opt-ed in to Seller Hub now have access to Multi-User Account Access.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Thanks for letting us know, Alan..............

Message 2 of 84
latest reply

The major problem I see with this is that if the other multi-suer also has an Ebay account and Ebay cancels their act they will also cancel yours because any computer using your Ebay acct is liable for such action. 

Message 3 of 84
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

The major problem I see with this is that if the other multi-suer also has an Ebay account and Ebay cancels their act they will also cancel yours because any computer using your Ebay acct is liable for such action. 

Hi @ryanrobyn

Where did you hear that? 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 84
latest reply

Wow. Thank you for the great updated. I think this is long awaited features we all sellers are looking for since long time. This will make lots of sellers life lots easier. 

Message 5 of 84
latest reply

@gac-stop wrote:

Wow. Thank you for the great updated. I think this is long awaited features we all sellers are looking for since long time. This will make lots of sellers life lots easier. 

Great to hear! Thanks @gac-stop!

Message 6 of 84
latest reply

I just looked at the "add user" page. Is there only going to be two options for permissions? All I see are 1) create and edit drafts, and 2) publish and revise listings.

What if I want a user to only be able to create postage for shipping purposes? And what if I want another user strictly for messages, communication, and deal with returns and cases? Stuff like that. Am I not able to customize user account functionality to that degree?

Message 7 of 84
latest reply

Good morning Alan,

I noticed this wasn't posted under announcements, and I was wondering if it is going to show up in other places - besides the Blog and Seller forum?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 84
latest reply

It was in the Fall Update.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 9 of 84
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
It was in the Fall Update.

Oh, thank you.  Sorry, I thought that was just that it was going to happen, or in the works, not that it has happened.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 84
latest reply

@gracieallen01 

Hi, gracie. I, too, read the Update and there was really no definitive date given. Just it was going to happen. Well, I  guess now...it has happened lolol. Hope it gets tweaked a bit better considering other posters' comments on this thread for some "refinements." 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 11 of 84
latest reply

Sounds like eBay is rolling this out in stages.  The article says, "Listings will be the first capability to roll out."

Hopefully they will bucket capability in an intelligent manner.

• Shipping functions
  • Receive functions
  • Communication functions
  • Buying functions

I've been asking for this for years.

Message 12 of 84
latest reply

If you have assistants whom you don't trust yet allow them to access your Ebay inventory or perform PR functions with your buyers, they you have problems far larger than worrying about their access to your Ebay account

Message 13 of 84
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I just looked at the "add user" page. Is there only going to be two options for permissions? All I see are 1) create and edit drafts, and 2) publish and revise listings.

What if I want a user to only be able to create postage for shipping purposes? And what if I want another user strictly for messages, communication, and deal with returns and cases? Stuff like that. Am I not able to customize user account functionality to that degree?

Not yet, we'll continue to build & add new functionality for this over the coming months and next year. 

Thanks! 

Message 14 of 84
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Good morning Alan,

I noticed this wasn't posted under announcements, and I was wondering if it is going to show up in other places - besides the Blog and Seller forum?

Hi @gracieallen01

Where else would you like to see it show up? Let me know where you'd think would be useful. 

Thanks. 

Message 15 of 84
latest reply