cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay’s Multi-User Account Access is Now Live to all Sellers* in the U.S.

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

* Shared from eBay Inc. Blog

eBay is enabling sellers to better manage their business by securely granting access to employees to create drafts, edit and launch listings on their behalf.

eBay now has a solution for sellers that may need help managing their online businesses. Multi-User Account Access (MUAA) is eBay’s latest feature that enables sellers to grant access to Listings within their Seller Hub in a more private and secure way. 

Sellers can now add employees or delegates to perform seller activities on their behalf without giving full access to their eBay account.

Here’s how it works: Sellers invite employees as users, granting each user specific permissions and access for tasks like editing, drafting and publishing listings. Employees then create an account and can access the Seller Hub in their own view. This provides both users — the seller and the employee — added security and privacy for their eBay account.

Check it out on the eBay Account Settings today! 

If you’d like to learn more about how we implemented this feature, read this Engineering blog post.

* All U.S. sellers that are opt-ed in to Seller Hub now have access to Multi-User Account Access.

eBay now has a solution for sellers that may need help managing their online businesses. Multi-User Account Access (MUAA) is eBay’s latest feature that enables sellers to grant access to Listings within their Seller Hub in a more private and secure way. 

Sellers can now add employees or delegates to perform seller activities on their behalf without giving full access to their eBay account.

Here’s how it works: Sellers invite employees as users, granting each user specific permissions and access for tasks like editing, drafting and publishing listings. Employees then create an account and can access the Seller Hub in their own view. This provides both users — the seller and the employee — added security and privacy for their eBay account.

Check it out on the eBay Account Settings today!

If you’d like to learn more about how we implemented this feature, read this Engineering blog post.

* All U.S. sellers that are opt-ed in to Seller Hub now have access to Multi-User Account Access.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Hi rtlouisville,

I responded to this elsewhere, but will repeat here.  Make sure that the country of residence on your account matches the site you are using:  i.e. if you are on the US site, the Country must match.  Sometimes people don't fill in the address for the account correctly, which I believe is that case with your account (I had an engineer look into it and that's what he said).  In addition, anyone you want to grant access to your account to must also have an account that matches your site/location.  The reason for this restriction is that it's extremely complicated to allow cross-site access without doing a lot of additional work and this would have delayed the initial release of MUAA.  We're planning on removing this limitation this year, fingers crossed!

cheers,

--Lester

Message 76 of 84
latest reply

Hi historicshop,

We record activity whenever a Delegatee publishes a new listing or revises an Active listing.  These events are logged in the Activity Log (see attached image for logging examples), and it captures the eBay ID of the user who performed the action.  However, saved Drafts are not logged this way because they don't have Item IDs until they're actually published on the site.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

--Lester

Message 77 of 84
latest reply

Hi bluedragonflypictures,

We added shipping permissions in January 2021, and we plan to add a Messages permission later this year whereby you will be able to grant access to your Messages folder to your employees.

cheers,

--Lester

Message 78 of 84
latest reply

Hi  dmishk10,

We do some very basic checking on user accounts trying to use MUAA to validate residency of the user is the same as the site they are using.  This error usually appears when an account address doesn't match the site being used.  If you are on the US site, you must have a US in the country field for the account registration.  I've seen countless people not provide a valid country when registering an account.  If this is not the case here, let me know.

cheers,

--Lester

Message 79 of 84
latest reply

Any updates on this?

Message 80 of 84
latest reply

PLEASE HELP

The delegate's account needs to be reset as we sent the invite from th wrong user. Therefore my account DELEGATOR cannot send as the assistant's account is currently set as DELEGATOR, and needs to be DELEGATEE.

We've been trying to get ebay help to understand this for over a week.

Please reset our accounts so we can get going.

Message 81 of 84
latest reply

The delegate's account needs to be reset as we sent the invite from th wrong user. Therefore my account DELEGATOR cannot send as the assistant's account is currently set as DELEGATOR, and needs to be DELEGATEE.

We've been trying to get ebay help to understand this for over a week.

Please reset our accounts so we can get going.

Message 82 of 84
latest reply

@funkybazarcrystals 

This thread is over years old and it's my guess the OP no longer works for Ebay.  Many things may not even apply any more as Ebay is a constant & changing platform.

If you ever have an issue you can always start your own thread so people here can help and advise you.

Have a great day.

Message 83 of 84
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 84 of 84
latest reply