cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay "We've updated your listing page" banner - how to remove?

eBay placed a large banner at the top of my seller's dashboard months ago - "We've updated your listing page" - that I'd like to know how to get rid of. I've read the hyperlinked message many times hoping that would make it go away but it didn't. It takes up a lot of space for nothing and is one of the first tasks I have to do everytime I refresh - xing out the banner. Does anyone know how I can get it off the page for good? Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: eBay "We've updated your listing page" banner - how to remove?

REALLY hoping someone will see this and give me some info on how to get rid of it. eBay Moderator - are you around????
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Are you talking about this: https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard or something in Seller Hub?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It's on the Seller's Hub (landing page when click "sell"), for me https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active here. Of tabs on top, "listings" is what is active. Before the listings, there is a huge banner - about 2.5" x the whole page less the options bar on left, that says, "We've updated your Listings page Check out the simplified design, improved load times, and find your listing summary at the top." with a way to x to close it on top right. It has a hyperlink on the first words that takes you to update coaching. As said, I've done it a number of times hoping it would trigger the thing to GET OFF but it won't. Thanks for replying. Any help will be much appreciated.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I don't use seller hub, and I'm loathe to switch to it again, even for 10 minutes as I fear one of these days I'll get stuck there and not be able to switch back.

If I could see it, I could probably give you a simple Stylish or Adblock Plus rule to make it go away in Firefox browsers (I think Adblock addon in Chrome is compatible with same rules as Adblock Plus for Firefox).

Do you use Firefox? If so, do you have Adblock Plus addon?
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

No to all your questions. I really didn't like it when they switched me to the Seller's Hub bc of how different and hard to oversee my listings are and other things but now I'm used to it. I guess the banner could be considered an ad and dealt with as you suggested. Since it's an email information panel, i was thinking others had the same problem and/or eBay reps would see this and TAKE IT OFF or tell me how to get rid of it. Thanks for your reply. 🙂

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That's how I deal with annoyance like that, eBay "suggestions", the eBay logo and searchbar that waste real estate on most of my eBay pages, in listing ads, "other people looked at" banners, and about literally 100 other things - they all get treated like ads, some removed with Adblock Plus, some through CSS rules in Stylish addon, and a few dozen with a JavaScript filtering engine via GreaseMonkey.

I don't count on eBay to change or remove anything like that because of seller howling, and not sure I ever have seen that happen. Up to us to customize our views if we don't like something.

Sorry couldn't be of more help.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@kathimac05

I've been opted in and out of that page so many times I've lost count, and that banner appeared every time I was opted in. Now, I'm permanently stuck there.

Going through their tutorial should make the banner go away. But apparently yours is stuck. Have you tried using "customize" over on the right of one of the panels to see if making your page different will cause the message to go away?

My main beef with the seller hub is that it scrolls off to the right and it took me a long time to realize that some necessary actions were over there off-screen.  For months I could not create a new listing from that screen until I discovered the button way over there (and I still forget to scroll over to find it).  I used the "comments" link to tell them it was only suitable to the larger desktop monitors and they actually sent back a letter saying sorry, they had to display so much stuff that it would not fit my smaller 1024 monitor.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes I have tried customizing but will try it again, since you mentioned. Agree with all your comments about how non-user friendly the page is. I had to customize my view in order to get the things in view that I needed and then eBay reserves wasted space I can't move to or customize. I have huge monitors and it makes no difference. I thought it was just me and that the page must be useful for more experienced sellers. Misery loves company. Thanks for reply!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

shipscript - you helped more than I new. Trying your suggestions I found (after scrolling far to the right) a way to go back to the old format. Guess what I found... ebay has a huge ad banner on the top of that page now, too. They sent me a survey when I opted out so I shared our issues. I'm really glad this forum is here and so appreciate everyone who took the time to respond. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

HI could you get rid of it in the end? I suddenly stucked forever with this banner too, very annoying 

@kathimac05 wrote:

eBay placed a large banner at the top of my seller's dashboard months ago - "We've updated your listing page" - that I'd like to know how to get rid of. I've read the hyperlinked message many times hoping that would make it go away but it didn't. It takes up a lot of space for nothing and is one of the first tasks I have to do everytime I refresh - xing out the banner. Does anyone know how I can get it off the page for good? Thanks

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Adblock Plus (or pretty much whatever adblocker) rule that should do the trick if you can't get it to close with the X and stay gone:

ebay.com##body>div>div.right-col>div#mainContent>div#listings-content-target>div#w0>div#rtm-20777

That hides the banner, but leaves the X close button on the right because the selector chain targets one level down in order to not remove any other announcements eBay might stuff in the parent div container which also contains the generic close button as a sibling element.

We want to only target that banner and not other potential, possibly important announcements which could be placed there, but Adblock plus element hiding rules can only target domains and subdomains, not specific pages, and there is just no way to target a parent element based on attributes of a child element using CSS (and therefore not possible in adblocker element hiding rules like the above which are CSS selector based).
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I was stuck with this big banner for the last week. I have ad blocker, I tried changing page customization, cleared browser cache/cookies/history, rebooted, Xed out of it countless times. Nothing worked.

Just now after Xing out and refreshing the page about 10 times in a row it's finally gone. For good? I don't know yet.

Good night and good luck
Message 13 of 13
latest reply