cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not fun anymore is the hassle of seller hub and MP worth it ?

deadsenna69
Scout

I am a hobby type seller, and I have fun searching thru estate sales and auctions for stuff to sell. Usually I would sell on eBay, it was quick and easy with the much missed classic pages to write and track items and total monthly sales on minimal pages and was easy to read. In essence the page had been refined to the point that it was simplified for anyone to use with minimal problems. I only used Paypal for payment and I was paid immediately by Paypal. All in all an easy and fun way to make some extra money. The changes eBay has forced upon the sellers has really made eBay a chore, more than fun, and on top of that since these changes traffic on eBay has fallen off a cliff. I am not the only one seeing this. Due to eBay sitting on my money for several days, I have been forced to extend my handling time out. I WILL NOT ship an item before the money for MY ITEM sold is in MY ACCOUNT. What has eBay done to instill blind trust in me to trust them with MY MONEY? eBay has never had the sellers back on disputes and now they want access to my financial institutions.. I used to have upwards of 100 plus items for sale at one time, now less than half that and I am not motivated to post anything new, and I have some GREAT items sitting at home. eBay takes enough in fees and they want me to use their products to ship too?? What, so they can gouge me multiple times for shipping fees AND shipping products??? NO!!! I NEVER use eBay labels or shipping products, I have had people gripe about shipping costs, and I would refund if my ballpark pricing was WAY too high, glad to do it, too.  Not to mention the political stances taken by this and several other internet commerce platforms, restricting freedom of speech and commerce. I know I am not alone in feeling this eBay malaise, what are my fellow smaller hobbyist doing to recharge and be enthusiastic about selling again???

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: eBay not fun anymore is the hassle of seller hub and MP worth it ?

@2013grotz wrote:

@psycheme wrote:

I must add I hardly ever sign on to even shop as a buyer on eBay. Not once has eBay reached out to me to ask what can we do to bring you back as a seller. eBay absolutely  does not care about small sellers. It has become a network of a buy it now

There is a definite transition in ebay away from a small seller venue to a venue for large wholesalers.   This comes out in so many ways that ebay just wants to be another Amazon.

The colored part should be especially noted.  I have completely ceased buying on Ebay since my forced transition to Managed Payments.  Also (I didn't think about this in some earlier discussions), I actively avoided sellers that were on Managed Payments when they first rolled the program out and actually sent out a couple of messages to sellers that their presence on that program cost them sales from me.

FWIW, I know Managed Payments has unfortunately cost me sales since I've been forced onto it.

Just curious - why did you write those Sellers to tell them you boycotted?  Because they enrolled voluntarily?

We signed up early when asked by e-Bay.  I assumed it expanded sales due to the use of Apple Pay, Google Pay etc. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 46 of 49
latest reply

Ebay doesn't get the money right away but did get an approval from the buyers bank they will get their money in a couple of days once the money is transferred from the buyers bank. Anyone who has ever logged into their account online will see it usually takes 1 to 3 business days for the funds used for a debit card transaction to actually leave their account. I have had some transactions take more than that especially when there a 3 day weekend. Meaning Monday or Friday is a Federal holiday. Another example is buy something online on the Weds day before Thanksgiving and a lot of the times the money won't leave my account until the following  Monday.

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

Never used the 1 day transfer, the free day or so transfer was fine for me. Paypal was an overflow/reserve for me, I do not like wokeBay having access to my account, I do not need the money that badly immediately. As I said many, many times it is/was a hobby, hence an extra stream of money used for fun, which wokeBay ain't with their current attitude toward hobbyist sellers and the disastrous Seller Hub/managed payments cluster&%$#. WokeBay is not trustworthy, use them at your peril as a seller. 

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

WokEbay is not my master, may be yours, not here. If the $$ is not in MY account, IMHO I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID.  I am not a sheep BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Message 49 of 49
latest reply