cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay keeps removing my listing WTH?

There are lots of sellers listing Phenibut but I get targeted with a listing violation? Phenibut is considered a nootropic and eBay keeps accusing me of things that I didn't even claim..

So what is it? First they say it's a narcotic, then a legal high then pseudoephedrine?

eBay doesn't allow members to list or sell narcotics, controlled substances, or drug paraphernalia.

Although some drug-related substances (such as pseudoephedrine) may be legal in some areas, we still don't allow members to sell them on eBay because of their potential to cause harm to eBay members.

Listings containing language suggesting a product will provide a "legal high" or implying an herbal product is a substitute for drugs are also not allowed.

To learn more about this policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/drugs-drug-paraphernalia.html

You listed Phenibut, which is prohibited on eBay because of its drug-like effects. While some items may be legal to buy and sell, they also have negative uses, with which the FDA or law enforcement agencies are concerned, and that eBay does not condone. For this reason, we highly regulate the sale of these items on the site. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with this information and be sure that your current and future listings follow these guidelines. If they don’t, they'll be removed and we may, at our sole discretion, decide not to refund your fees. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

You have been lucky so far.

Do not relist it again.

Some sellers take a chance.  And others get caught.

You are on ebay's radar as you can see every time you relist it is removed.

Ebay has say over its site.  If they do not want it listed, it is their right to remove it,

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I have been selling it in a capsule formula for years. No removal there, but I realize consumers also buy the raw material and it's readily available online and many companies are distributing it. Can it be my competition that is flagging my listing? I provide the name of the company, COA and manufacture but had to remove all of that and barely put anything in the description.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I wouldn't consider it lucky for a mare fact that I get penalized in less than 24 hrs.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

OP, 

You got a form letter from eBay. 

eBay did not tell you that you were selling a narcotic. They gave you a LIST OF THINGS that you cannot sell, and narcotics was ONE of the things in that list. 

eBay did not tell you that you that were it provides a "legal high". They said you cannot include wording that suggests a substance has the effect of a drug, and gave "legal high" as an EXAMPLE of the type of language that cannot be used.  

eBay did not tell you that you were selling pseudoephedrine. They gave pseudoephedrine as an EXAMPLE of something that is legal but is also not allowed on eBay.

Without seeing the exact wording of your listing, we cannot help you figure out what might be triggering the takedowns.

Unlucky

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

There is probably some bot at eBay that is saying:

This guy keeps relisting his Prohibited Item WTH?

As for why there are other sellers offering this item, they either have some special eBay status, know what triggers the removal, or just haven't been caught yet.  And yes, it is likely they could be reporting your listings. 

But the most important thing for you to understand is that if you keep relisting items that are being removed, you will eventually get the boot.

Good luck....

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Relist it again and you'll likely get banned from ebay.

“Item Specifics are important - they help the ebay search engine find your products and help Google, Yahoo and other search engines classify your products for inclusion in their search engines
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Try taking some Magnesium L-threonate.

It will increase your brainpower and increase your comprehension of what you read!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Some never learn
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@surplusdealdude wrote:

Relist it again and you'll likely get banned from ebay.

Yup.

If a listing is removed by ebay--don't list it again.  You're on their radar now, and could lose your selling privileges permanently. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Why does this stuff sound like molly? <<< did your listing hint at that?

You asked of you are being reported by competitors. That's certainly a possibility.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Apparently it's not my fault because it was removed in error. This has happened to a guy selling Vitamin b-12 and eBay doing the same thing. I assure I did nothing that the letter said was not allowed except their wording of "Phenibut not being allowed" which I and many have sold for years.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

This time I used absolutely generic info. Not even describing what it does just what it is and it still got removed. Normally when a seller does really good, or gets lots of watchers and views quick on the item that triggers a red flag.
As far as being banned off eBay, I'm not concerned about it. I got lots of violations before.. Besides, they are not my future concern if selling freedoms are limited anyway.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@pepperguy87 wrote:
This time I used absolutely generic info. Not even describing what it does just what it is and it still got removed. Normally when a seller does really good, or gets lots of watchers and views quick on the item that triggers a red flag.
As far as being banned off eBay, I'm not concerned about it. I got lots of violations before.. Besides, they are not my future concern if selling freedoms are limited anyway.

?

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

It is being removed because of what it does no matter if you post all that information or not.

Certain keywords are flagged and it does not have anything to do with watchers and views.  I see older listings that have hundreds of watchers and as long as it can be legitimately sold here, ebay leaves it alone.

And if you have received many violations in the past, that is most likely the reason why ebay is removing things quickly.

As far as selling freedoms, there does have to be a line drawn on things that are not suitable to be sold here or anywhere for that matter.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply