cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is going to guarantee my delivery times.

Just received this email message.  Maybe I'll get a sale from itSmiley Frustrated

We’re contacting you today to share the exciting news that you have earned a spot in eBay Guaranteed Delivery because of your consistent on-time handling performance. Between May 1 and May 31, your listings that already meet Guaranteed Delivery requirements will feature a guaranteed delivery date backed by eBay. We’ll contact you again in May once this change takes place.

As you may know, eBay Guaranteed Delivery is the program that lifts listing visibility and sales potential by allowing buyers to filter for listings guaranteed to arrive in three days or less.

To learn more about eBay Guaranteed Delivery and how it benefits all eBay customers, visit Seller Center and register for the live eBay Guaranteed Delivery webinar, March 28.

No Action Required
You don’t need to do anything to take advantage of your new status. With eBay Guaranteed Delivery, eBay guarantees the delivery dates and makes it right if a buyer ever experiences a late delivery—no matter the reason. Simply keep meeting same- and 1-day handling time on the listings you’ve set those times for.

Opt Out Any Time
We want you to know you’re always in control of how you sell. To remove yourself from the program at any time, visit Site Preferences, select eBay Guaranteed Delivery Setting, and click “I want to opt out of eBay Guaranteed Delivery.”

Thank you for your consistent on-time handling and thank you, as always, for selling on eBay.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: eBay is going to guarantee my delivery times.

@pj895wrote:

opt out won't show 'till it happens in May

I might opt out of buying from sellers or listings that show the GD flag.  Might mean more China stuff ...  unless ....  could that be what they want?  Irritate US sellers enough to chase them off and leave only the China sellers?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 31 of 72
latest reply

@diabillwrote:

I also received this message. I do not want in this program. Not because I do not ship within 1 day but because it requires me to go to Immediate Payment required. I do not want to have to do that as I have several customers that buy items overr a period of time then pay all at once and get their items shipped together to save money on the shipping and handling.

The way I read the message I can not stop them from putting me into the program until they opt me into to it sometime in May then I can opt out.

How will I know when they do this? I guess the only way I will now is when my customers start complaining that immediate payment is required. This is so wrong on EBAY's part.

Does anyone know of a way that I can stop them from putting me into the program????

and therein lies the rub. From past announcements eBay has continued to state that they are, without option, opting listings under $1000 into IPR to reduce NPB incidents/issues

Message 32 of 72
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@pj895wrote:

I do ship within my handling time with 100% scanned. I actually ship same, or next day, but use 2 day as a cushion for health/internet/weather/carrier scanning issues.

Kick it up to 5 day.

Well now that would not be goodslight_smile 

At the 4 day handling point eBay tosses out that warning flag (for those buyers that actually do read) showing that the seller is a slow poke about shippinggrimacing

I don't sell for a living, but I do like to have some salesscream

Message 33 of 72
latest reply

I  Received the email and I want opt out, I  visited  Site Preferences, however, I dont see   eBay "Guaranteed Delivery Setting"on this page,  so how can I opt out?  please help!  lo l Someone posted a screen shot of the page, I saw the option is under   "Sales Manager Pro" , I dont have that, I'm not a proffessional seller.

I dont like mislead buyers, even God can not Guarantee on time delivery, eBay can not,  either. if the item does not arrive on time, and  a Buyer's birthday or wedding day gets ruined,  even eBay wants to pay the return shipping,  I dont want to go through all the  troubles.  

it happened a few times before, a 2-day priority package reached the buyer 12 days later.  I noticed  packages shipped  from NY to FL are often delayed.

Message 34 of 72
latest reply

@chrysylyswrote:

@mistwomandancingwrote:

Question:   Are most sellers feeling that they will be unable to ship in time to continually meet the shipping deadline qualification, and will thus earn themselves a damage ding of some sort?

They don't want to be told what to do, how and when.  They're tired of it.  And they're tired of the constant changes and being forced into things they don't want to be a part of.

That's exactly right, tired of being told what to do and having things shoved down my throat.

Let us make the decision, don't do it for us and then say you can opt out. We better be able to opt out. Why do I always feel like the sheep being led to slaughter.  unamused

Message 35 of 72
latest reply

eBay should NOT automatically enroll sellers into any programs it promotes.  eBay needs to add a button  on site perference page that allows sellers to opt out all the future programs like this one.  

This stupid "Guaranteed Delivery"  rolled out quite some time ago,  I guess its not popular,  so eBay now wants to push you in.

The world isnt going to end within 3 days, what's the hurry?

if eBay really wants to help sellers & buyers, then, lower the final value fee by 8%.  

Message 36 of 72
latest reply

ONE MORE TIME

no one can opt out until it happens to them in May

Message 37 of 72
latest reply

I got the email, too.

I don't, and have never,  used IPR. I use BO and combine shipping.

Makes no nevermind to me. If Ebay wants to pay for a Post Office delay, that's fine by me. The only thing I have to do is meet my one day handling time.  Since my carriers always scan pickups it's never been a problem.  I've never missed a handling time yet. I do extend out if necessary during ice storms or hurricanes, so those wouldn't be guaranteed anyway.

I don't see it making a difference in my situation because I don't see any vintage cookbook and paper sellers opted in anyway, and I can't see someone in a massive rush to get anything I sell.

As far as this goes for ME and MY situation, I really don't give a hoot one way or another. In GD, out of GD, I really don't care.  I mean, I suppose I should be honoured that Ebay wants to cover a Post Office booboo for me Smiley LOL  I may opt out in May, I may not.   Then again, I don't qualify anyway because I don't use IPR. We'll see.

Whatever cranks their tractor  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or maybe someone should introduce their right hand to their left hand?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 38 of 72
latest reply

"and therein lies the rub. From past announcements eBay has continued to state that they are, without option, opting listings under $1000 into IPR to reduce NPB incidents/issues"

Well, that stinks...I do a lot of multiple buys from my sellers and rely on combined shipping. Hopefully if that goes away, sellers will be honest and refund any overage but that's a hassle for them! Sheesh....
Message 39 of 72
latest reply

Being it's a bot email and the program hasn't been released yet - I think everyone should just wait and not get too upset. I opted in way back when but it was full for the trial. I since lost a car and put my handling time out to 2 days - no difference in sales due to that. If I find that I start slowing down due to the 2 day after May - I may consider using it until next winter when I again will put it at 2-3 in case of bad weather.

The IPR may have been changed and we should probably ask the blues about it in chat. Some may not like it - but we choose where we are going to sell. Ebay is just trying to stay up to date with what buyers want. If they could do same day delivery like some venues - they would. Again we can opt out - we have a choice.

Message 40 of 72
latest reply

@mistwomandancing

Yep, I do have the email.  I was expecting a copy in my email messages.

Thanks!

Message 41 of 72
latest reply

@tamaraleawrote:

What is the downside?  They are the ones guaranteeing it, not us.  We're just guaranteeing the handling time.  To be honest, I don't believe any of my items are "time sensitive".  Therefore, I doubt if sales will increase.  

If for some reason you fail to get the item shipped within your stated handling time, and the package gets delivered after the guaranteed date, the buyer will be given the option to return the item for a full refund at your expense, or they can just request a refund of any shipping costs they paid, which will come out of your pocket.  If you meet your handling time deadline, but the package still gets delivered late, the buyer can still return for a full refund, but ebay might eat the shipping cost in that scenario (not sure if they would reimburse original shipping to a seller that offered free shipping).

Message 42 of 72
latest reply

@bigchief2472000wrote:

@tamaraleawrote:

What is the downside?  They are the ones guaranteeing it, not us.  We're just guaranteeing the handling time.  To be honest, I don't believe any of my items are "time sensitive".  Therefore, I doubt if sales will increase.  

If for some reason you fail to get the item shipped within your stated handling time, and the package gets delivered after the guaranteed date, the buyer will be given the option to return the item for a full refund at your expense, or they can just request a refund of any shipping costs they paid, which will come out of your pocket.  If you meet your handling time deadline, but the package still gets delivered late, the buyer can still return for a full refund, but ebay might eat the shipping cost in that scenario (not sure if they would reimburse original shipping to a seller that offered free shipping).

THIS! ^^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^^ SO THIS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

By participating in the eBay Guaranteed Program every seller who chooses to participate is by default also opting into ANOTHER VERY CONVOLUTED AND CAREFULLY CRAFTED VERSION OF THE NEW FREE RETURNS PROGRAM. Many sellers may have already weighed and considered that the actual other 30 Day Free Returns program or the 60 Day Free Returns program was not in line with their current buisness model, and was found to be either not wanted or not needed.

Only a lawyer or possibly very cunning and ambitious vinyl siding salesman living in San Jose could have come up with this type of Plan C Free Returns Program. This is eBay's feeble attempt at creating its very own version of the Kobayashi Maru  for its sellers.

"We're contacting you today to share the exciting news that you have earned a spot in eBay Guaranteed Delivery because of your consistent on-time handling performance."

REALLY!!! Does it include my very own pet polka dotted baby unicorn?

Opt Out Any Time
"We want you to know you're always in control of how you sell. To remove yourself from the program at any time, visit Site Preferences, select eBay Guaranteed Delivery Setting, and click “I want to opt out of eBay Guaranteed Delivery.”"

I think that maybe my new pet polka dotted baby unicorn ate my GD opt out button, because I can not see to find it anywhere. BAD UNICORN!

Message 43 of 72
latest reply

I received the message too and will be opting OUT as soon as I'm able to do so.   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 44 of 72
latest reply

i got this also....i figure i might as well give it a try....i'm up for trying new things! anyways it says 1 day handling time on my listings but most of the time i drop at post office same day so most of my buyers usually get their items wayy quicker then expected.
Message 45 of 72
latest reply