cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay & Inventory Control

So I am one of the eBay sellers to not join MP as of this time and am slowly having my Selling Rights stripped away a little at a time.  I am still truly baffled how eBay wants to Charge me for a 'Subscription' that I cannot fully use at all.

Here is the Kicker.  I had to briefly evacuate My So. Cal. Home for a Week and moved some of my eBay Swag into storage while away. 

Unfortunately.  When some of my items were in storage they became damaged as temperatures had reached 121 Degrees.  Instead of burning to death some of my items had heat/melt damage.  Don't know if anyone out there has been in a Storage Locker when it is 121 degrees.    Now I know how my Pizza with the Works feels.  

So I take note of what is damaged and return home.  Jump on eBay and try to deduct the amount of certain items availability and eBay WILL NOT LET ME!!!!!    So If I used to have 5 of a Specific Item and now only have 3 due to an Act Of Nature/God I cannot my control MY OWN INVENTORY. 

If a buyer decides to buy all 5 I would only have 3.  No fault of my own.  eBay's doing.   

Now I am open to unnecessary disputes/claims/ Negative Feedback etc........     

Memo to eBay:  I OWN the Inventory.   You DO NOT OWN the Inventory.  

Understand that you do not want us Sellers to add any new items.  Even to existing GTC Listings.  God forbid you help us make any $$$$ because we will not sell out to MP.   Especially during these crazy times.

Just leave our ability to adjust listings due to damage/theft ours.  You have no control of my Inventory unless you live in my Crib.  

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

eBay & Inventory Control

@punkparrots wrote:

Jump on eBay and try to deduct the amount of certain items availability and eBay WILL NOT LET ME!!!!!    So If I used to have 5 of a Specific Item and now only have 3 due to an Act Of Nature/God I cannot my control MY OWN INVENTORY.

Sorry, but all you can do is end those listings.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

I Know the obvious.     

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

I am still truly baffled how eBay wants to Charge me for a 'Subscription' that I cannot fully use at all.

Choosing a store subscription means solving a math equation. If you are better off with the store subscription, subscribe.  If you are better off without the store subscription, don't subscribe. 

My bank, my auto club, my credit card, my car insurance, my Sam's Club membership, and my health plan all have benefits that I cannot fully use, too. 

Now I am open to unnecessary disputes/claims/ Negative Feedback etc

If you are worried about overselling, then end them and relist them with the proper quantity.  They are not "controlling your inventory", they are controlling their website. 

God forbid you help us make any $$$$ because we will not sell out to MP.

Not sure I follow. Does being in managed payments let you adjust your invetory differently? 

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

Yo Lucky.  eBay has made it that I CANNOT RELIST BECAUSE I HAVE NOT JOINED MP.   So I cannot relist it with the proper quantity.  Once I cancel it.  It is done.  Cannot relist it.  Part of my not being able to control Inventory due to eBay power tripping.

Being in MP makes it that you CANNOT GO INTO AN EXISTING listing an adjust inventory or Relist with the proper amount. 

You do not Sell items through your Bank/Credit Card/Car Insurance/Sam's Club/Health Plan.   When you figure out a way to.  Please share with the Community. 

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

@luckythewinner 

Only problem would be for @punkparrots  is how much time is left on his store fees for the year.  Not a big deal if they pay monthly. Could be substantial if it is otherwise  and due to really no fault of his own.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

Only problem would be for @punkparrots  is how much time is left on his store fees for the year. 

I am not sure wqhat "time left on store fees" means. 

due to really no fault of his own

I never said it was his fault. But the fires were not eBay's fault either. 

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

You have a whole lot going on here.  Sorry to hear you lost so much inventory due to the fires and related heat.  Those are some pretty lousy breaks.

The reason why Ebay doesn't allow you to cancel your store subscription without penalty is because they have been telling us for 2 years now that most sellers would be in MP before the end of 2020.  So we all should have been planning for that.  So that is why you are still on the hook for your store.  Below is a link so you can decide when during the subscription it will be cost effective for you to cancel your store.

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

As to revising listings, Ebay has a good reason for preventing you from doing that too since you have decided not to go into MP.  Some sellers if they could revise their listings would just keep doing that to keep the listings going forever or until sold.  They could and would change listings to be for completely different things once they sold out of whatever the listing was originally for.  And believe me there are enough sellers that would have done this that cause Ebay to take this hard stand about revisions.

It is not Ebay's fault however if you continue to allow a listing that is incorrect in some way to continue to be up for sale because you can't change it.  That doesn't shift to Ebay's fault because you have decided not to go into MP, which is your right to decide.  But this is Ebay's site and if you don't want to abide by their rules they have no obligation to let you continue to use their site.

Now what is it about MP that makes you not want to make the switch?  What is it that concerns you so much that you are willing to give up your business here on Ebay?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

@mam98031 wrote:

As to revising listings, Ebay has a good reason for preventing you from doing that too since you have decided not to go into MP.  Some sellers if they could revise their listings would just keep doing that to keep the listings going forever or until sold.  They could and would change listings to be for completely different things once they sold out of whatever the listing was originally for.  And believe me there are enough sellers that would have done this that cause Ebay to take this hard stand about revisions.

20+ years on ebay and i still learn stuff from mam all the time!  😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

Thank you.  However.  eBay can BLOCK changes in item description that changes the listing as you stated.

Changing an item from 5 to 3 is not eBay's business. 

Why don't I want to join MP.   I live in Los Angeles.  Social Security Cards can be purchased in many dark alleys here.  There is also some 'Nice Folk' in the DMV here that can dish out a new Drivers License for a few Benjamins in a jiffie.  Just the the 'nice folk' on eBay that harassed the  Steiners.

I own a house here in Los Angeles worth more $850,000.   

Why Would I give a copy of my Drivers License?  Really.  A new photo can be inserted on stock provided by a Wonderful Disgruntled DMV Employee!!!  LOL,   Especially in L.A.  As in many Cities in the US.

SS#?     Easily faked.   

Active Log in to my Bank account?

Why would I not give such info.  My Crib.  Don't need to leave town for a few days and return to find my Crib has been painted, weird cars in the driveway, and folks on the porch that are not my Family.  Don't need my Identity or Crib stolen.  That's what I have to lose.

What do you.    Mam.  Have to lose?

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

Ebay is phasing you out.  As a courtesy they are letting run your listings until ended or cancelled. In the meantime they don't want you making an changes in your listing.  Perfectly understandable. If you are so disgruntled with ebay, end your listings and move on. 

As far as you not wanting to give out your personal information, that's perfectly fine. You have every right not to. Just be prepared for little "glitches" in life when you don't want to give out this info.  Some businesses may require it. Times have changed. It's not all handshakes and cash anymore. 

Good luck to you in the future and stay safe!

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

So what e-businesses have you sent a:

"1. Real copy of your State Drivers License

2. SS#

3  Active Log In to your Bank Account"

Besides the IRS and ...........eBay?

I have a account with BofA, Wells Fargo and a Credit Union. 

NONE HAVE A COPY OY MY DRIVERS LICENSE.  Or even requested it.

Remember.   Community.  Your Photo ID is not needed for eBay.  Especially their database storage.  What if eBay one day goes away?  The data will remain.  Forever.        

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

Your selling Currency.  They are you phasing you out also.   Have you joined MP with this account?

Waiting for a response.

Wiki Wiki.

Mahalo.  

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

@punkparrots wrote:

Your selling Currency.  They are you phasing you out also.   Have you joined MP with this account?

Waiting for a response.

Wiki Wiki.

Mahalo.  

No i haven't joined yet.  I have not been asked to yet. When the time comes, i will, just like most of the other sellers here. I'm no different. I'm not special. 

You have impressive feedback.  So you gonna call it quits? 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

eBay & Inventory Control

I think "Captain" obvious is the correct term!...Lol

Message 15 of 37
latest reply