cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Vault - Incorrect Title and Missing Info for Sports Cards

I tried using eBay Vault, honestly against my better judgement. Bought card on eBay, shipped straight to vault. It's been ingested/listed by ebay into my Vault. However whoever wrote the title, left out the YEAR and other important descriptions. Leaving out the year on a sports card, especially for a "Vault" service, is laughably bad. However it's not funny as it's my card, and an expensive one at that. 

Tried to get ahold of support through numerous channels, no response. Wondering if anyone is having issues with the Vault? Really disappointed, and mad at myself for trusting that eBay would actually handle this service professionally.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: eBay Vault - Incorrect Title and Missing Info for Sports Cards

@safarivintage 

Sorry to read your situation.  Several of the new features on Ebay seem to have issues.

I will summon one of the Ebay team members here on the boards:

Devon@ebay

Can you drop in and let us know what the poster needs to do to fix their issue?  Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@safarivintage 

Sorry to read your situation.  Several of the new features on Ebay seem to have issues.

I will summon one of the Ebay team members here on the boards:

Devon@ebay

Can you drop in and let us know what the poster needs to do to fix their issue?  Thanks in advance.

Hey @ckimodog! We can try to help out on this.

@safarivintage Do you have an item number or and order number for the purchase that we can look into?

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Item Number: 285004397623

Thank you for looking into.

It would be really helpful to have some sort of contact information on the eBay vault page. I've been reading in forums a lot of frustration with other members using vault, that you literally have our cards and we cannot even get ahold of you. 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Honestly, I see the "eBay Vault" to be about as "trustworthy" as crypto:

Intangible, Unreliable & purely Expirimental.

I'll tell you what...there is an old saying:

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Tell me, eBay Central/eBay Administration:

What happens to the actual physical items if this whole thing falls flat? Say, some "program error" or whatever the excuse may become.

WHO maintains physical possession of the items of great value? The owner "digitally"? The eBay "Vault"? Personally, I DO NOT TRUST this concept...& to create this virtual storage (without so-called "fees") for items of great value NOBODY can physically possess without MORE massive "fees" is highly suspicious.

Just a point-of-view here...

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Still no update, or response.

How can you hold on to someone's property, in a "vault" and have no way for the owner to get a hold of you? Very disappointed in eBay for this. 

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

@safarivintage wrote:

Still no update, or response.

How can you hold on to someone's property, in a "vault" and have no way for the owner to get a hold of you? Very disappointed in eBay for this. 

Sadly, Your important question about the item you has went into the question vault.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Can you just tell eBay you want your card shipped to you? Are there fees or penalties involved?

vaults, NFT's, and crypto is worse than the stock market! Everyone has probably seen the recent crypto chaos with some company called FTX.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

That item number you showed us does not show up.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@coolections 

Yes, it does  You have to sort in some sort of pop up "Sold items"  I will save you the trouble:  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fsrp=1&rt=nc&_nkw=285004397623&LH_Sold=1

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@coolections 

Yes, it does  You have to sort in some sort of pop up "Sold items"  I will save you the trouble:  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fsrp=1&rt=nc&_nkw=285004397623&LH_Sold=1

It's easier to just use this URL and paste the item number you want in place of the xxx's. Make sure there are no spaces in the URL.

www.ebay.com/itm/xxxx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/285004397623

I have that URL in my browser memory, so all I have to do is copy the item number, go to a new tab, and type the first few characters of the URL and it fills in automatically. Then just paste the item number and press enter.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Even clicking on LEARN MORE link under the ebay vault guise on a listing it brings you to the ebay authenticity program..NOTHING about the vault.

janet9988_0-1668281622702.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@ittybitnot   Thanks for the link, the problem is that is the item the OP bought. I wanted to see the item the OP has listed in the vault.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

that is the item the OP bought. 

@coolections 

Yes, that was his 'purchase' that he sent to the VAULT instead of receiving it physically.  I do not know if there is a public list of what is in the vault.  Apparently, the OP can't readily find his item either?  I did not get the impression that he was listing his "vault product" for sale at this time. If an owner of a product in the vault decides to sell it, how does that work?   Do they make up their own listing/title or have to use the one eBay has "filed" it under, which apparently is the not same as the original product sent to the vault.  Who provides the photos for same? 

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

The OP would have to give us answers to your questions and tell us if he actually "listed" the item. What he wrote sounds like he did.

It's been ingested/listed by ebay into my Vault. 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply