cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay, How can I protect myself from freight forwarding buyers?

Once again, a freight forward buyer claims damage but can't return the item after using a U.S. ship-to address to have the item shipped overseas. These buyers are not even covered under eBay's money-back guarantee, but I am at the mercy of selling to them and then having them claim damage when there was no damage during picture taking or before shipping. If the item is purchased and I cancel the sale, the FF buyer can leave negative. If I ship the item and they claim damage, I can't help them even though I offer free 30-day returns. This problem ONLY exists with these freight forward buyers and eBay refuses to support top-rated sellers from the negative feedback abuse.  I even state in my listing that if you are an overseas buyer DO NOT PURCHASE unless you can return the item. eBay won't even support that statement and allows the abuse to continue

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: eBay, How can I protect myself from freight forwarding buyers?

This has happened to me a few times.  Accept the return and provide a shipping label.  You will never hear from them again, because they can't send you the item.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

@chasearooauctions wrote:

Your protection is the buyer has opted themselves out of the MBG

Only if they admit it. It used to be enough that their address could be confirmed. Now they have to explicitly admit it. 

No they have seemingly changed that policy, thank the maker.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

No. 

Freight forwarder sale:  You don't have to worry about returns but you might get negative feedback.

Non-freight forwarder sale: I welcome returns and am protected from negative feedback as a top-rated seller and free 30-day returns.  

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I can't provide a label if they don't open a return and they won't open a return because they know they have to pay the return back to the U.S. 

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Well you would think so, but eBay still allows them to leave negative feedback for something that is 100% out of my control once the FF handles the package and delivers it. 

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

They have to open a return request before I can send a label. They don't open a return request because they know they're responsible for shipping costs back to the U.S. It's the reason I have a disclaimer on all my auctions that states: if you are outside the U.S., do not purchase unless you can return if not satisfied. Of course, they don't bother to read. 

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Enter one of those tracking numbers into the USPS delivery confirmation site. It will explain it once you enter the info. 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply