cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does store reset exist?

Ok, I am getting desparate here.  No views, no sales, impressions 1/3 what they were last month, gross down by 38%. 

i called cs and of course they declared all is good. 

is there such a thing as a reboot or reset for stores that will improve views?  I am open to any and all suggestions.

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: does store reset exist?

@critter_mama_2007 wrote:

is there such a thing as a reboot or reset for stores that will improve views? 

No. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Did you ever get it figured out?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I've read countless posts that say they called into CS, and CS "reset" their store and then they started getting sales.  However, in all fairness, I have also read that doing that has occasionally not worked.

I would say the majority have said that it did work.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

The only thing I found to work was listing more and often and better stuff.

Also turning on and off the RSS feed but that really hasn't been a thing for a year or two.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Store reset = imo a feel good way to get you off the phone while you will still keep ebay in your good graces and may stop you from blaming and  screaming at the CS.

Kind of like looking under your child's bed and reassuring them there are no monsters under there.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Store reset = imo a feel good way to get you off the phone

Brother that's a mouthful

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Years ago, people swore by putting stores on vacation for an hr or so and then taking vacation off.  The thought was all the items got  a boost of some kind.  But just a caution......back then going on/off was almost instantaneous.....now it can take 24-48 hrs for all listings to get back up on line......

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Try editing all of you listings at once by changing your handling times from same day to 1 day back  about once a week and then change it back the following week to same day. According to some sellers this has worked for them but it could all just be a coincidence too . Worth a shot though.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Someone once suggested selecting "edit all" and just re submitting them all without changing anything.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I called eBay after reopening my store after a 2 week vacation. I had zero sales for several weeks following reopening, and was concerned I hadn’t “turned” my store back on properly (I usually did around $700/week in sales).  eBay customer service rep stated they might “need to reset my store.”  She did something on her end (apparently) and I was told to sign out on all devices, wait a bit, and try signing back in.  Whether or not this actually worked is questionable, but the “reset” is certainly not made up by salty sellers.  That’s exactly what the rep stated to me.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

they say if you bulk edit your items  but not really change anything will give you a boost

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@mkwertz1140 

Go back and read post #6. Like in the song, "they say that to all the guys".

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Ok it makes sense if something happens when you take your store off vacation. Maybe some process failed like my Kindle book purchase the other day.It does not make sense to me that something would work like that at a random time.

If it were real wouldn’t eBay be doing it already? They like money too.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Post is from July, 2018.  Check op's feedback/dsrs.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply