cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customs from India refuses to accept any goods to Israel

AS a seller on Ebay, I received an order from Israel, but due to war situation, Indian Post & customs  refuses to accept any parcel to Israel, its been more than 6 weeks, and I am not able to ship it to the buyer, what should I do?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mahavirgems.megastoreLike Russia and Ukraine, any country involved in turmoil can impact the ability to deliver or process thru customs in a timely manner. You can temporarily add countries to places you don't ship to. I would let the buyer know that you are unable to ship because of the restrictions in shipping and customs at this time. Best of luck to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You probably shouldn't offer shipping services to places you can't ship to.

Cancel with issue with buyers address, but they can make a complaint and leave negative feedback if your listing shows Israel as a location you ship to.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Start by notifying the buyer of the shipping situation and let them know you are going to have to cancel the order since Indian postal sanctions will not allow you to ship the item to Israel. You could ask the buyer if they have someone in another country that the package could be shipped to. If that is the case you could cancel this order, they could change their shipping address an repurchase the item. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@mahavirgems.megastore 

Cancel the sale citing problem with the buyers address.  Make sure you communicate with the buyer as well and let them know the situation.  Sorry for your situation. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@mahavirgems.megastore wrote:

.. due to war situation, Indian Post & customs  refuses to accept any parcel to Israel, 

...what should I do?

Since India is deemed as a democratic republic

Inquiring minds want to know why no parcels are being accepted to Israel

You can confront Indian post & government with why, the response that you received is unacceptable, lacking in specificity

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

When you found out you couldn't ship, you should have canceled the order and refunded the buyer, not waited 6 weeks.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@mahavirgems.megastoreLike Russia and Ukraine, any country involved in turmoil can impact the ability to deliver or process thru customs in a timely manner. You can temporarily add countries to places you don't ship to. I would let the buyer know that you are unable to ship because of the restrictions in shipping and customs at this time. Best of luck to you.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for your reply dear friend, 
Indian post used to deliver normally to almost all parts of the world, all of a sudden they have stopped their services to Israel, due to WAR situations. This is the reply I received from the Post office.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

True, If at all I was aware I would have not offered,
Thanks for the reply.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks a lot, I have already informed buyer of the situation, at the same time I have shared the copy of my invoice, picture of the parcel, ordered material and all the details as the order is ready, but couldn't dispatch due to war situation in Israel.

Regards

Kaushik

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks a lot, I have already informed buyer of the situation, at the same time I have shared the copy of my invoice, picture of the parcel, ordered material and all the details as the order is ready, but couldn't dispatch due to war situation in Israel.

Regards

Kaushik

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thanks a lot dear friend,

I have already updated buyer of the situation, at the same time I have shared the copy of my invoice, picture of the parcel, ordered material and all the details as the order is ready, but couldn't dispatch due to war situation in Israel.

Regards

Kaushik

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

In India, the post officers just work as they are informed from the higher authorities, they hardly answer any queries, they just ask us to wait till the banned is lifted.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply