cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

categories: "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

I am trying to redo my categories

I keep getting "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

I don't know what it's referring to

I've logged out and back in

Tried different browser

Cleared my cache

Nothing has worked

Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: categories: "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

Just to confirm, it's not possible for me to add or delete any store categories until eBay fixes this, brian@ebay?

Looping in @dhbookds with a tag since discussions no longer move to the top of the forum with new posts. That's one of the dumbest changes they made to this board.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 31 of 52
latest reply

Re: categories: "you cannot delete category until we've completed your previous request"

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Just to confirm, it's not possible for me to add or delete any store categories until eBay fixes this, brian@ebay?

Looping in @dhbookds with a tag since discussions no longer move to the top of the forum with new posts. That's one of the dumbest changes they made to this board.

@wastingtime101 unfortunately yes, that's the situation we're in (can't add or remove store categories). I don't know when this will be resolved but our tech team is aware of the problem.

Khoros is working on putting the 'move threads with recent posts to the top of the list' feature back in the Community. We're hoping for it to be ready on Friday, but it's possible it could be pushed to a later date if it's not ready. It is coming though 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 32 of 52
latest reply

Can you add me to the list as well? I noticed this has been an ongoing thread since August of 2020. It's now the end of April 2021, and I am now having this issue as well. Thanks!

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

Same issue for me...

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

Hello sir, I'm having this issue same as everybody else all of sudden. Immediately before I started getting this error message, I "moved" four of my categories into one of the others, creating sub-categories. They were moved successfully, but I'm now getting the error. Of course I scoured the internet for an answer, and have found that this issue has been prevalent since as earliest I can find, 2013. From what I've seen in this thread, you've been made aware and continually jump back into the thread every few months letting everyone know that it's still not fixed, but it will be, maybe, some day, eventually. Please make fixing this a bigger priority than you have so far. I've got a little over 4,000 listings I was ready to list, making up a little over $27,000 in inventory that I'm not wanting to list now because I cannot add new categories and keep my store organized for my buyers. I just got off the phone with ebay support, and of course kept getting the same non answers everyone else received. Please share this message thread with your superiors.

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

Here's a work around I came up with, nothing super fancy but it allowed me to list my items. It also probably won't work for everyone, if anyone. Instead of trying to create 'new' categories. Simply rename old ones you're not using anymore.

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Day 1 of having a store and I'm having the same problem. Can I be added to the list?

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

Please add me to the list too. Same problems as everyone else.  Disappointing in that Ebay is seen as a leader in the tech world. I'm surprised they have had this problem for so long and no real resolution.  I have a lot of product on hold and ready to list. Has anyone received a estimate on time until this is fixed?

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

When you come to these boards, please read the responses - Message 32 is a response from eBay

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 39 of 52
latest reply

They've been "working on the issue" for close to 10 years now, so that response you mentioned is pretty much a non-answer.

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

@bulbastore wrote:

Here's a work around I came up with, nothing super fancy but it allowed me to list my items. It also probably won't work for everyone, if anyone. Instead of trying to create 'new' categories. Simply rename old ones you're not using anymore.

Yeah, it's not that easy when the only dead categories you have include subcategories, and your new categories don't need subcategories. But it'll work for some.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 41 of 52
latest reply

has this issue been solved?  is the solution to wait 48 hours before trying again? did that work for anyone?

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

" You cannot add categories until we've completed your previous request." Still. Read everything. What's going on? Has anyone been able to add categories? 

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

Still broken for me, can't add new categories. Add me to the fix-it list, if there is one

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

It takes time for Ebay to do all the processing/updating on everything that deleting a category affects in your account.

I have the same situation whenever I delete a category. It takes sometimes overnight for everything to reset and allow me to continue with another category. This also happens when I transfer listings between categories.

It's something over which you simply need to be patient.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 45 of 52
latest reply