cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can sellers do chargebacks on unfair INR payouts???

i'll lead off by saying that i have not had one of these yet, but after reading so many posts from sellers who have been hit with INR payments to buyers due to the shipping issues that are affecting numerous (not all) parts of the country, only to see the packages delivered and buyers getting to keep the item and their money, i started wondering if doing a funding source chargeback is an option for those sellers. i'm sure there are numerous reasons why this won't work or isn't a good idea--and i'm sure ebay wouldn't be thrilled. really, i'm just curious to hear others' thoughts on this, so please do share...and be nice, please.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@jack_bucks_ghost  I'm glad you brought this up ... the INR claim is unfair to Sellers when a package finally gets delivered AFTER  the claim has been completed ... there is NO reason eBay can't put the Buyer's Purchase on HOLD just the same way they put Sellers' money on "HOLD" until a return is completed.

eBay knows full well that their lack of support for Sellers in these unprecedented times its giving Buyers free items when it could easily be avoided.  eBay also knows full well the extent of delays across the US and world in general ... all they have to do is look at the tracking history ON THEIR SITE!   Even before Covid I thought that the INR claim was unfair when a package was delivered after a claim was completed, even one hours after the Buyer was refunded a delivered package "could" occur and the Seller is S-O-L.  The lunacy of it is that a 3rd party in the transaction that Sellers have absolutely NO control does not fulfill their part of the deal and Sellers are made to pay.

There is a solution right in front of eBay but they will not act on it ...  put Buyer's Money on HOLD for a good length of time after the INR claim ends ... they already agreed to pay the money in the first place so its not like they would be out anything!!!

I only quoted this just because it needs to be read over and over again until ebay decides to start doing the right thing.

Of course, that will most likely be on the other side on 'never',

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Just for information.........I just dealt with a INR/refunded/and then delivered..... I called Concierge about it and based on that conversation, sent the following:

Hi: I see this item was delivered about 6 hrs after I refunded.......I do, obviously, apologize for the length of time it took to get there, but with the problems with USPS/covid/Xmas......it must have taken a slow boat to Hawaii. I would appreciate repayment for the item. You can use the PayPal send money option ($26.22) to (my email) or, if you have no paypal account, I can relist the item, you can pay and then we both mark it shipped. These options are the ones recommended by Ebay in the call I made to them as to how to handle this. Please let me know which option you prefer.......Thanks

Buyer agreed, did as directed, and repaid..........

won't work on everyone.......but something like this could get your money back......

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@ra_201044 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@jack_bucks_ghost  I'm glad you brought this up ... the INR claim is unfair to Sellers when a package finally gets delivered AFTER  the claim has been completed ... there is NO reason eBay can't put the Buyer's Purchase on HOLD just the same way they put Sellers' money on "HOLD" until a return is completed.

eBay knows full well that their lack of support for Sellers in these unprecedented times its giving Buyers free items when it could easily be avoided.  eBay also knows full well the extent of delays across the US and world in general ... all they have to do is look at the tracking history ON THEIR SITE!   Even before Covid I thought that the INR claim was unfair when a package was delivered after a claim was completed, even one hours after the Buyer was refunded a delivered package "could" occur and the Seller is S-O-L.  The lunacy of it is that a 3rd party in the transaction that Sellers have absolutely NO control does not fulfill their part of the deal and Sellers are made to pay.

There is a solution right in front of eBay but they will not act on it ...  put Buyer's Money on HOLD for a good length of time after the INR claim ends ... they already agreed to pay the money in the first place so its not like they would be out anything!!!

I only quoted this just because it needs to be read over and over again until ebay decides to start doing the right thing.

Of course, that will most likely be on the other side on 'never',

@jack_bucks_ghost, @ra_201044   Yep, one more time for the folks in the back of the room LOL!  Put the Buyer's money on HOLD just like they put Seller's money on HOLD ... its NOT rocket science ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Just tagging in again. How could ebay put a buyer's money on hold if they file an INR when it's already been paid out to the seller? The only way I could see that happening is that if ebay were to withhold all disbursements to the sellers until every delivery is confirmed. Be careful what you ask for people....Holy Cow! What am I missing here? 

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 34 of 34
latest reply