cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer in Australia

Hi guys....

I have a buyer in Australia who wants to buy my item but I have her country blocked and I don't know how to unblock it. I keep searching around my account settings and can't find where I enable it. Can anyone help me out? thanks.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: buyer in Australia

Try going to revise your listing and go under your shipping section. You can choose the price for certain countries (international). Australia is listed there. Just make sure you have that country checked and list the appropriate shipping service and price. The buyer should be able to buy it then.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

You can exempt just a single buyer.

Under Site Preferences, Buyer Requirements, click on edit

On thenext page second line from the top their is a link to an exemption list, add the user name there. It should exempt them from all blocks including location.

Not sure what is will do for shipping, probably you will need to send an invoice otherwise they may not be able to pay.

Or you can revise the listing and add Australia as a destination with the appropriate shipping amount.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Ok I tried what you said so wish me luck. If it doesn't work I'm going to have to make the dreaded call to ebay. Worse than a root canal!!! gah!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

May i ask why this buyer has to your item and cannot get it in Australia? Shipping overseas is risky! tracking gets lost and you have no way of verifying the item was delivered. i don`t like seeing people getting scammed that`s why i ask?
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

It's a clothing item that is sold out. It's not expensive so I am not worried. I tried updating the listing to accept her country but she's still having trouble.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I sell internationally as much as I can.

What on earth is the point of selling on a global sales platform and NOT doing do?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

If you offer international sales, Why would you exempt Australia ? My best buyers are from Australia, they have delivery conformation. After the big rate hike in shipping I lost many of buyers. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@extrememobility wrote:
May i ask why this buyer has to your item and cannot get it in Australia? Shipping overseas is risky! tracking gets lost and you have no way of verifying the item was delivered. i don`t like seeing people getting scammed that`s why i ask?

My best overseas buyers are in Australia.  Why would you NOT ship there?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@bigoljim47 wrote:

If you offer international sales, Why would you exempt Australia ? My best buyers are from Australia, they have delivery conformation. After the big rate hike in shipping I lost many of buyers. 

I was wondering the same thing . I've also sold a few things to Australia  and the transactions went very smooth .  Tulips 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Australians are great buyers! I’ll sell to them any day
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Don’t worry! In my experience Aussies are great.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Never had a problem with Australians either.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

enhanced-10953-1448412134-6.png.jpg

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@warren689  

-Go to your My eBay page and click the Account tab. 

-Next is a list and find Site Preferences and click that.

-Next, find Shipping preferences and over on the right is either Show or Edit, click that.

-Next go down the list and find Exclude areas you ship to - I think again its Edit over on the right.

-The next screen is where you turn ON and Off different regions of the world or specific countries in a region ... find the region that has Australia and make sure that country is turned on.

Now, go back to the item for sale and Revise or Edit it and turn ON International shipping in the shipping section below Domestic.  You will need to select the shipping method as well ...

Hope that helps ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 19
latest reply