Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bloc k bids from china

HOW TO BLOCK BIDDERS FROM CHINA AFTER  SEVERAL BAD EXPERIENCES...THANK YOU

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: bloc k bids from china

You can't block bidders from China (only) but you can set your listings to not sell to China. Maybe that will help. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Exclude China (or others) here:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf/excludeRegions

or if you use Business Policies for shipping:

https://bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage?profileType=SHIPPING 

rosszonebricks_0-1713971083647.png

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

You can't block bidders from China (only) but you can set your listings to not sell to China. Maybe that will help. 

Just to be pedantic, you can block China as a location you ship to, but you cannot block a China as a buyer location you sell to.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Just to be pedantic, you can block China as a location you ship to, but you cannot block a China as a buyer location you sell to.

Adding more context for @greatgramps :

Because buyers in other countries can use freight forwarders in the US and that can't be blocked.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Adding more context for @greatgramps :

Because buyers in other countries can use freight forwarders in the US and that can't be blocked.

And, @greatgramps... let me add a bit more. I have my settings set to not ship to China, but I have sold items many times with freight forwarders, and some of those sales went to China. I've never had a single issue with any transaction where my buyer used a freight forwarder.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Could you provide a little detail on your "several bad experiences"? Maybe there are alternative solutions to your question. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

MORE THAN ONE BUYER FROM CHINA AFTER RECEIVING THEIR ITEM WANTED A DISCOUNT CLAIMING NOT AS DESCRIBED WHICH CERTAINLY WAS NOT TRUE BUT I GAVE THE DISCOUNT TO AVOID BAD FEEDBACK AND PUT THEM ON MY BLOCKED BIDDERS LIST.  IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH THE EFFORT ANYMORE.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

MORE THAN ONE BUYER FROM CHINA AFTER RECEIVING THEIR ITEM WANTED A DISCOUNT CLAIMING NOT AS DESCRIBED WHICH CERTAINLY WAS NOT TRUE BUT I GAVE THE DISCOUNT TO AVOID BAD FEEDBACK AND PUT THEM ON MY BLOCKED BIDDERS LIST.  IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH THE EFFORT ANYMORE.

Not an uncommon tactic and I have gotten those claims from a few buyers over the years. Some domestic, some international. If the item went through a freight forwarder I simply respond and let them know the item went through a FF and their MBG coverage ended when it arrived at the FF. If it went through EIS then they need to contact EIS.

For those that were domestic I simply responded and told the buyer that I was sorry they were unhappy with their purchase and to open a return request and send the item back for a refund. In most cases that was the end of the communication. 

While frowned upon by eBay if there is a country you prefer not to sell to but the buyer is using a FF to bypass the shipping restriction you can cancel using problem with the buyers address. A lot of Russian buyers are using businesses and  FF's out of China to bypass the current US sanctions against that country. Russian buyers simply have the items shipped to a FF in China which forwards the items to the Russian buyers. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@greatgramps wrote:

I looked at a couple of your listings @greatgramps and they are set up with eBay International Shipping (eIS).

That means (if you shipped through eIS and not to a freight forwarder in the US) if the buyer did file a not as described return request, eBay would handle it and remove any negative feedback once the return was closed.

By giving partial refunds you encouraged the potentially scammy efforts of these buyers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

As long as revenue continues to stream in from freight forwarded sales, their is no  benefit for eBay to restrict it.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so  much Very helpful indeed 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply