Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Tracking Details

Hi all, The Shipping team wanted to share the following information from the issues with tracking details not being updated:"We are aware that some sellers are seeing tracking details not update automatically to orders after purchasing a label. Our t...

User avatar by Community Team Community Team
  • 0 replies
  • 20 helpful

Help advice on sells

My sells have been going down hill for several weeks now. Can someone take a look and see how I can improve my listings or price. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Don't buy anything using ebay gift card, you will loose your money if there is a return

Bought an item for $673. Used $300 ebay gift cards (6X$50 gift cards), and $373 paypal balance. Seller cancelled the transaction. After 5 days my paypal balance showed in my account, but the gift cards used still show with 0 balance. Called paypal, t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

DVD "Triumph of the Will" Banned but "Birth of a Nation" OK?

So I just got an email from eBay saying that my listing for a DVD of Leni Refenstahl's "Triumph of the Will" has been taken down due to policy violations for items that are "Hateful and Discrimanatory". OK, the movie glorifies Nazis, I get it but the...

Bug: eBay incorretly flagged an eBay item URL as Contact Info in reply Message to Buyer

A buyer sent me a message on a listing with a question. I replied with a link to a related listing of mine. An eBay link to an item. eBay flagged that message as containing contact info. There was no Contact Info in the message. When I removed the it...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Customer Same Day Cancellation ~ Seller Loses .30 cents :-(

eBay should refund all but the .30 cents Paypal charges when a customer cancels an order. eBay refunds you all the FVF but Paypal keeps the .30 cents for the transaction If the customer cancels after paying all but .30 should be refunded. . .

User avatar by Guide
  • 40 replies
  • 2 helpful

Changes to Contact Information Policy - email from ebay

Anyone else get this?It starts by saying that I have contact info in my listings. Um, no.Then it says I can add my phone number to my Q&A so buyers can call me.Um, HUGE NO. If they ever make this mandatory, it will be the last straw for me. Do they r...

What do we do about abusive buyers

In the beggining of August i sold one of my novelty celebrity fake ID's to a buyer who is just simply out of the touch with real world. Within 5 minutes i received an ebay message containing all his personal information you would find on someone's dr...

Resolved! Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing - where's the teeth to it - eBay ?

Yes it's a form of seller's fraud of a buyer without eBay having any teeth to chewing away at a top sellers positive ratings - for this very reason. This seller alone I'm speaking (that I'll not name) has done the same to me as in multiple of others ...

Guaranteed delivery punishment

I have one simple question:Will those of us who refuse to sign up for guaranteed delivery get a beating from eBay?It certainly seems so- the more i keep clicking on X button on my Seller hub page, more my sales are declining.I was just wondering if t...

Shipping calculator: buyer charged less than actual shipping.

I've seen a number of threads on this problem dating back a few years, but none that seemed to be resolved. Shipping from NY to Oregon with calculated USPS Priority shipping. Buyer paid $7.20, calculated shipping $10.28 with discount. Package size an...

usps shipping.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

HELP! Negative feedback

Hi, I guess it is inevitable that we all get negative feedback at some point, but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do about this. Negative feedback reads:Very tiny punch and was broken when received First of all, the first indication that I h...

Shipping items to Florida

About 25% of my customers are in Florida. I have a few items going there, I know for sure they're all going to take more time to be delivered then the system says. Will these packages be considered "LATE"? Or has eBay taken this into consideration?

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Not able to list Item. Get Shortened URL error. Ebay help is NO HELP!

Listing a lot of VHS movies. I listed a lot before this one with no problem. Here is the error:It looks like there's a problem with this listing. We’ve noticed that your listing included a shortened URL. eBay no longer permits shortened URLs (e.g. bi...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors