Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Thrifting across the US

Just want to get ideas on what your Savers - aka America's Thrift, Goodwill's and Salvations Army's are like in different parts of the country. Buffalo NY here. There is a weekly Tues 30% senior discount at Savers - but stopped in today to see if it ...

Resolved! Selling tips

I am not so new to eBay anymore as I have been selling used and new computer parts. I have been selling since Mid 2017 and have a healthy positive feedback from customers all over the world. I have ventured out to selling other stuff that I am not us...

E-Bay adding additional costs for shipping after item has been shipped

So I shipped 2 DVD via Media Mail for $2.66 in a padded envelope. Now E-Bay has charged me an additional $4.44 for shipping and changed it from Media Mail to First Class postage? DVD's are considered Media Mail by the post office, why are they doing ...

Sales

My sales were off by some 40% in the month of June. I attributed this to us moving into our new house. As the 1st week of July rolls thru i am getting very concerned about sales. I have been keeping up with community looking for other sellers who hav...

buyers who claim something is missing

I had a buyer claim a transfer cable was missing from PC Mover. I listed it as an open box but cd and cable were sealed. I remember mailing the cable because I put the cd in between the cable and bubble wrap to protect it. The package weighed almost ...

eBay removed my listing for a decorated ostrich egg

I had a decorated Ostrich egg listed on eBay which was removed today because it supposedly violated their Animal, Plants, and wildlife products policy. I have been listing decorated eggs on eBay for many years and this does concern me. I don't know w...

markdown manager use discrimination between GTC listing sellers and 30 day relist sellers?

I read about this possibility on ecommercebytes. Has anyone confirmed this difference in mm discount application? A GTC listing is somehow restricted in markdown manager use and 30 day listing has had some or all restrictions removed? Why discriminat...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

NEW eBay evaluation is insulting to Sellers!

So we receive word that our eBay store was going from Top Rated Seller to "Above Standard" because not all packages were shipped in 24 hours. Well, my problem with this is that unless a seller is independently wealthy, they have full time jobs. eBay ...

Any Nightowls? Do you create listings at night?

Just curious to see how many of you are night owls and do your listings at night! I'm just starting out with ebay and I definitely get my second wind in the evening!

Just some food for thought on sellers vs buyers...

I've had a bit of free time on my hands to read through some of the boards this week, mainly spurred through my own frustrations as a seller with recent issues and glitches. I am also a buyer, as many of us are. I've had pictures disappear, views not...

Ebay Message System is the worst...

I keep getting one word responses. Like yes, and that will be alright, etc. But no hisory in the message. I do not know what they are replying too.

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Buyer Opened Request - Says I shipped to wrong address - First Time Request Help Please!

I just got a request from Ebay. The seller says 'It says it was delivered to my old address on (address shown by paypal and Ebay)! My address is (New address not shown anywhere)' The 'old' address is what both Ebay and paypal gave me. I have tracking...

How does a microbusiness exclude shipping to states with low or no sales tax thresholds?

I am a sole-proprietor and the only employee of my business, selling vintage postcards. To stay in business after the 6/21/2018 Supreme Court ruling I need to be able to exclude sales to states that require remote online sellers to collect sales tax ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors