cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody notice a slowdown in activity as of late? or is it just me? hope to hear from you all. Regar

Hi people, was just wondering if anybody else has noticed a bit of a slowdown in activity the past few weeks? or is it just me and a coincidence? Hope to hear from you. Regards, C.L.

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: anybody notice a slowdown in activity as of late? or is it just me? hope to hear from you all. R

I would at best average 350$ fees per month. This month? $40. Can you believe that? Seems the bottom has fallen out of eBay!! Something stinks for sure!!
Message 16 of 65
latest reply

Re: anybody notice a slowdown in activity as of late? or is it just me? hope to hear from you all. R

No ... but am only in month 8 of selling so not really sure what slow would be for the items I sell ... I have hit my average sales per month with 9 days left in April ... granted, we're not talking any record breaking numbers here but its nice to at least hit or go over the average ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 17 of 65
latest reply

if you disagree with my harsh criticism then so be it, but i stand by what i said 

even ebay agrees: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/title_desc_ov.html

countless other sites

https://www.auctionnudge.com/blog/ebay-description-dos-and-donts/

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/write-ebay-description-sells

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/tips-for-creating-a-great-description-for-your-eba.html

Don't embed pictures in your description. Instead, upload pictures to your listing.

Don't include information unrelated to the item for sale.

Don't use all caps, multiple fonts and font colors, and HTML. These things can make your listing unreadable on a mobile device.

Don't repeat information provided in other sections of your listing.

Don't create lengthy descriptions, fine print, and surprises, which buyers may not read.

The way you word the title affects whether your listing appears in buyer search results.

Use correct spelling in titles.

Don't overuse acronyms in titles.

Don't use all caps in titles.

High-quality photos can help you increase sales, give your buyers a more accurate idea of what to expect, and distinguish your listing from others.

@jimbo44906 wrote:

Hundreds of sellers are experiencing the same sudden drop-off in sales, including sellers who have been doing this for a decade or longer, Captain Know-It-All.

EXACTLY. this is why im sick and tired of seeing people come to the forums to complain about no sales, theres a new thread every single day. we get it! were not getting sales! but more than half of them have shi.tty listings/photos and don't do anything to fix or tweak listings first to see if it helps.

we as a community sell some good stuff here on ebay...   @paulibeverlyhills sells some NICE jewelry, i never said their items were cr.ap. but i personally would like to see them successful and i am going to take the chance with the harsh criticism to help try to improve their listings!

c'mon yall. ive seen members here POINT out ridiculous listings for fun in a whole  thread completely dedicated to making fun of someones listing. here i am just trying to help, not making fun of it.  you honestly think that the font comic sans in hot pink looks nice on the eyes ?

LOL ok

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

thank you for informative reply. I already have not only one pinterest page, but several.and that has not had an effect on anything. i alsoregularly post on my Facebook group page. That Betty Boop is one of over 750 listings, and a minor one-don't even have a collection of them, just two items, maybe, so it's not about that.  I just had two items and added them. My site is not about that character at all. as that is definitely a collectors saturated market. My jewelry is unqiue, so not an oversturated market except in the generic items.But appreciate yur constructive reply.. There is no eze answer. However, I have gone now l8 days with one sale from past buyer who recommended new buyer....not even a current eBay generated sale--, that's totally bizarre.  I tweaked over 400 listings, ran a sale, lowered prices, which I never have been compelled to do in thepast and zilch.I owned a boutique in BevHills for almost 5 years, and in my 800 sq. foot store, I never had more than 350 items, and never had the foot traffic  that eBay generates, and did "bank".So this is very peculiar & there's more to the story for sure. My offline celeb clients LOVE my merchandise & buy regularly, so why wouldn't the rest of the eBay world--it doesn't make sense at all.........I have theories, but best be left unsaid except to my closest friends... Best to you, pauli

Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Thank you. for your comments. I may not agree but appreciate your input. Re the pink font,I will consider that as valid. I like it, guess you don't and maybe many prefer black. However, the majority of my listings are in black.Why would I do great biz for ll years, and suddenly take such a dive? You think you haved the answers-maybe you do, so I will re-read yourcomments in the am, when I amfresh. All I know is that my celeb clients offline LOVE LOVE LOVEmy items and buy regularly, so why so slow on eBay. I have a wide price range, and my prices are way lower than any boutique showing the same merchandise, except for those items that China replicates for $l.99...and we can't compete with them....that's a reality. Thanks, pauli

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

Would it help to call Ebay?.................. 🙂
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

@paulibeverlyhills wrote:

I owned a boutique in BevHills for almost 5 years, and in my 800 sq. foot store, I never had more than 350 items, and never had the foot traffic  that eBay generates, and did "bank".So this is very peculiar & there's more to the story for sure. My offline celeb clients LOVE my merchandise & buy regularly, so why wouldn't the rest of the eBay world--it doesn't make sense at all.........

Because your clients can see the beauty in the item IN PERSON. Totally different!! Buying online is a whole different ballgame, you have to rely on a PHOTO. you have to put trust in that photo (and your items are expensive, yea?) And when the photo isn't clear, crisp, or high quality, your judgement and want for the item can go down real quick. Even more so because you sell UNIQUE one of a kind items, you can't find another one of your items on ebay, right? so your photos should be beautiful, if anything. When someone sees your item in a search result, they probably scroll right past because the photo doesn't catch their eye. Then ebay's cassini probably puts you further down.

Jewelry is so hard to photograph as well. If you made "bank" and youre solely trying to sell on ebay only, hire some young intern photographer in CA to help you photograph your items with a nice camera. They gain experience and you get some nice photos. 

& to the person who called me captain know it all. I dont claim to know it all, and I am honestly sorry if I come off that way. But I do have a BS in Marketing that I spent 5 years of my life attending college to receive, if that gives me any credibility at all. 

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

@al-sutt wrote:
Would it help to call Ebay?.................. 🙂

No!  We already did THAT question several threads ago?  Weren't you paying attention ... again?

Regards,
Message 23 of 65
latest reply

The sad thing is that we all KNOW there's such a thing as the Summer Slump, when sales fall off dramatically (in a lot of categories) anyway, and yet this is exactly the time eBay chooses to raise fees.

Seems counter intuitive to me.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

@kozmicbluesbabe wrote:

@paulibeverlyhills wrote:

& to the person who called me captain know it all. I dont claim to know it all, and I am honestly sorry if I come off that way. But I do have a BS in Marketing that I spent 5 years of my life attending college to receive, if that gives me any credibility at all. 

No I missed who called you that ... I read some of your stuff ... more like CAPTAIN FANTASTIC ... money well spent on the degree to by the way ...

Regards,
Message 25 of 65
latest reply

95% of listings on here anymore are way overpriced

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

Don't where you use to compare prices, but really? 95%?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

@hobert1960 wrote:

95% of listings on here anymore are way overpriced

Price is relative ... and things still sell here ... when I put my Buyer's hat on I buy from US Sellers whenever possible and don't care if I pay a little more, would rather keep $ 20.00 in the US than $ 10.00 elsewhere ... treat yourself to a purchase, you're worth it!

Regards,
Message 28 of 65
latest reply

sin - I agree with you - but there does come a point when you just can't keep adding inventory to get the same % of sales. My space is loaded and I'm about to go full time at the reg job - which I would hate to have to do as much as I love my job - because Ebay sales keep falling.

Message 29 of 65
latest reply

@kozmicbluesbabe wrote:

if you disagree with my harsh criticism then so be it, but i stand by what i said 

even ebay agrees: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/title_desc_ov.html

countless other sites

https://www.auctionnudge.com/blog/ebay-description-dos-and-donts/

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/write-ebay-description-sells

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/tips-for-creating-a-great-description-for-your-eba.html

Don't embed pictures in your description. Instead, upload pictures to your listing.

Don't include information unrelated to the item for sale.

Don't use all caps, multiple fonts and font colors, and HTML. These things can make your listing unreadable on a mobile device.

Don't repeat information provided in other sections of your listing.

Don't create lengthy descriptions, fine print, and surprises, which buyers may not read.

The way you word the title affects whether your listing appears in buyer search results.

Use correct spelling in titles.

Don't overuse acronyms in titles.

Don't use all caps in titles.

High-quality photos can help you increase sales, give your buyers a more accurate idea of what to expect, and distinguish your listing from others.

@jimbo44906 wrote:

Hundreds of sellers are experiencing the same sudden drop-off in sales, including sellers who have been doing this for a decade or longer, Captain Know-It-All.

EXACTLY. this is why im sick and tired of seeing people come to the forums to complain about no sales, theres a new thread every single day. we get it! were not getting sales! but more than half of them have shi.tty listings/photos and don't do anything to fix or tweak listings first to see if it helps.

we as a community sell some good stuff here on ebay...   @paulibeverlyhills sells some NICE jewelry, i never said their items were cr.ap. but i personally would like to see them successful and i am going to take the chance with the harsh criticism to help try to improve their listings!

c'mon yall. ive seen members here POINT out ridiculous listings for fun in a whole  thread completely dedicated to making fun of someones listing. here i am just trying to help, not making fun of it.  you honestly think that the font comic sans in hot pink looks nice on the eyes ?

LOL ok

#1 - Harsh criticism is not needed - especially when you're hiding behind a posting ID and we can't view your perfect listings. If you'd like to offer advice - do so in a nice professional manner. No one reacts to negative behavior - but maybe you missed life lesson.

#2 - If you don't want to read more posts about slow sales - skip them - you can tell by the title of the thread what the thread is going to be about.

#3 - There are many fonts - imbedded photos ect that can distract from posts - you can nicely tell someone that it's a distraction or hard to read without being nasty.

These slow sales are bringing out the worst in people because they are losing what we need most in these days - money. If the negativity offends people - don't read these boards.

Message 30 of 65
latest reply