cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody notice a slowdown in activity as of late? or is it just me? hope to hear from you all. Regar

Hi people, was just wondering if anybody else has noticed a bit of a slowdown in activity the past few weeks? or is it just me and a coincidence? Hope to hear from you. Regards, C.L.

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

anybody notice a slowdown in activity as of late? or is it just me? hope to hear from you all. Regar

My sales are dead, and April is suppose to be a good month. 

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

@kozmicbluesbabe wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:
And kosmic - I believe this was your post about bad sales on another thread that is still active - so please look in the mirror before calling others out.

Hmm, I never said I didn't complain myself about the lack of sales on the forum. Obviously I'm just as upset as everyone else. I put a lot of work into my photos and listings, so my complaint was valid in my eyes. 

I come to the forum almost everyday (started to especially when the lack of sales started to see if other people were talking about it). What I was getting at was people who complain about lack of sales yet could easily benefit from fixing up their eBay listings... but don't take advice from other experienced sellers (the regulars here, not me) who tell them to redo their pictures, change the description, etc etc etc etc. Broken record by now. 

As for the comment that you can't see my perfect listings (which btw I don't think are perfect at all, I'm always changing something)... there is nothing to see, I "harshly" described how they look quite clearly several times. Smiley LOL 

I agree maybe I should have been a bit more professional, but my reaction to the person's listings was honestly real, I believe their listings are not good to say the least. I'm done arguing my point. They can take my "negative" advice or not. 

Smiley Happy

So your complaint is VALID because from your perspective you put a lot of work into your photos and listings?  

I can't imagine anyone coming here to complain feels that they are not putting a lot of work into their own listings.  Everyone's background and perspective is different.  What I think is a lot of work, someone else might think is lazy.....and yet another might think is overkill.

As Mary Poppins said.... "A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down."  

You have a degree in Marketing, and I have one in Hospitality Management.  (as of May 9th anyway!)   My perspective is very different.

Message 47 of 65
latest reply

@amazingarts wrote:

@kozmicbluesbabe wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:
And kosmic - I believe this was your post about bad sales on another thread that is still active - so please look in the mirror before calling others out.

Hmm, I never said I didn't complain myself about the lack of sales on the forum. Obviously I'm just as upset as everyone else. I put a lot of work into my photos and listings, so my complaint was valid in my eyes. 

I come to the forum almost everyday (started to especially when the lack of sales started to see if other people were talking about it). What I was getting at was people who complain about lack of sales yet could easily benefit from fixing up their eBay listings... but don't take advice from other experienced sellers (the regulars here, not me) who tell them to redo their pictures, change the description, etc etc etc etc. Broken record by now. 

As for the comment that you can't see my perfect listings (which btw I don't think are perfect at all, I'm always changing something)... there is nothing to see, I "harshly" described how they look quite clearly several times. Smiley LOL 

I agree maybe I should have been a bit more professional, but my reaction to the person's listings was honestly real, I believe their listings are not good to say the least. I'm done arguing my point. They can take my "negative" advice or not. 

Smiley Happy

The sad part of all of this right now is that a blank listing would probably get the same amount of views and sales as a perfect one.

The tweaking and relisting is not working anymore.

Too many sellers that have had sales, and then nothing.....whether listings are "perfect" or not.

Seller purge 2016.....Im telling ya.

I agree with you...the tweaking and relisting might give you a little boost, but it's not going to save a listing necessarily.  A lot of it is the item.  I found that one particular item I was selling took practically no work at all to sell.  People knew what it was, and wanted it....I didn't have to "sell" it, if you know what I mean.  I found a demand and filled it.  That particular brand is now slowing down a bit on Ebay as it becomes more widely available.  I can't blame that on Ebay...so I just have to diversify some more.  I guess my point is, some items just sell themselves and no amount of tweaking even matters.  It is the item more than how you advertise it more often than not.

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

The sad part of all of this right now is that a blank listing would probably get the same amount of views and sales as a perfect one.

The tweaking and relisting is not working anymore.

Too many sellers that have had sales, and then nothing.....whether listings are "perfect" or not.

Seller purge 2016.....Im telling ya.

This is not directed at you but your one comment I have seen a number of long time Sellers make ... having Sales when things are slow.  I think when things are slow they are just that, slow.   Then what happens when things get busy again there they are with lower prices, losing money unless the raise the price ... and savvy Buyers might notice that ...  I have charted Views and Watchers and already identified (for what i sell) Mon-Wed can simply be ignored ... very little traffic (i.e. viewed items or items marked for being watched).   I am new to selling, month 8, and prefer Auctions ... I think one thing that hurts Sellers is 30 Day FP listings ... there is no pusing the Buyer to make a decision if an item is going to sit there for 30 days.  Auctions force people to ake a decision within the time frame of the Auction ... so if they want it they have to decide.  I am not saying that works for all things, but for some things it does.

Now I will say that there is no garanty that if your activity is good (views and watchers) that you will get orders.  I had one week where activty was really good and I actually pre-packed several items being confident they would sell .... well, the auctions came to and end and the orders did not come in ... so for whatever reasons the Buyers just did not take the step to purchase.

I have the opposite experience as far as auctions vs Buy it Now - as a buyer.  I dislike auctions immensely.  Once in a while I have participated and "won" items at deep discounts, but I generally would rather be able to Buy it Now and get it faster than hang on and wait for an auction to end and hope I am around to "win".

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Yep, if all my items that have watchers sold I'd be a. very happy b. frantic to get them all packed & shipped within time and c. absolutely stunned LOL

Right now on over 500  items - I only have watchers on about 20 items. I use to have watchers on over 50% of my items. Did they all sell - no - but at least I knew they were visibile.

I follow all suggestions given by Ebay - I subscribed to every option offered except managed returns and yet my sales have fallen in the past 6 months as has my visibility. All 5's, 100% feedback, always below 1% on defects before the change and at .16 now for a cancel due to Ebay's ghost listing.

I really don't think anyone can tell us what the secret is to selling on Ebay anymore. I will accept that the economy is not the best and with the nicer weather - people are now doing things outside - but now selling worldwide - making my listings mobile app compatible ect - should increase sales - not reduce them.

I don't think people shop on Ebay anymore with c-list, facebook, and other e-commerce sites. Promoting easy returns and expanding the MBG to 30 days may be backfiring on Ebay with good buyers. Rather than gain their confidence - maybe buyers like myself are thinking there must be a lot of risks buying on here as they overdue it with the protection. 

Sales were down about 35% last month and 50% this month when compared to last years sales. I love Ebay but it may not be feasible to continue much longer as with working now I don't find the deals I use to as they're gone before I'm out of work. Will I ever totally quit - probably not as there's always something to get rid of - but I may go the route most of my friends do - Facebook. The sales they receive there are unbelieveable.

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

Yes it's terrible.

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

Hey Tunica, I know slow as molasses and my stuff wasn't being seen either, we are in the middle of a move and I just closed the store for vacation.  Figured I get just as many views while on vacation as I get when I am not, sad but true.  When they don't show your items, you just can't sell anything.  They keep shortening what they will show and then what they do show has advertisment for like items, that are cheaper or from some company that is not even on ebay.  You pay for a listing, by all rights, it should be shown, I don't care if there are 60000 of the same thing, people ought have a choice to see yours even if it is last on the page.  I just can't for the life of me figure out how they determine what is number one to be shown.  Most are not top rated sellers and they have hundred of negatives, what the heck

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

Your response to a previous writer had me chuckling.  You have the exact problems I've been complaining about.  Except your listings are 700-850 on any given day and mine are between 15-20 !!  Now how the heck can we figure things out if we can't blame each other?  I always thought we smallfries and the stores should be on two separate platforms, but I guess that isn't the culprit either.  I have been buying and selling since way back in the 20th century, and I have never seen things so bad.  Last week I had 2 strikes (baseball, fishing, bowling???  Nope....sales).  "So maybe things are looking up" she said, while knocking on wood.    ciao  

Message 53 of 65
latest reply

What new search engine and when was it born (and who's its daddy)?  Sorry, no offense meant, that daddy comment is from a song from 1968 by the Zombies, that you all probably don't know!  Anyway, what should I improve on, or what was eBay's reason for making the change?  I really must improve on reading eBay's eMail?

Message 54 of 65
latest reply

Yes, definitely. I was making steady sales through November and December but almost nothing in January. Maybe people are all shopped out.
Message 55 of 65
latest reply

Yes, I have seen a slow down and I have been on ebay for over 10 years. I have seen it several times over the years. It has ranged from problems with the Mobile App, negotiations with Google on search engines, and just Ebay changes that don't incorperate to listing that have been listed for a while. It normally bounces back within 30 days but it sure does hurt when it is causing the problems. I have actually had a few CS people admit it but most of the time you don't get anything or at their level they don't know anything. 

@beaujangles0 wrote:

Hi people, was just wondering if anybody else has noticed a bit of a slowdown in activity the past few weeks? or is it just me and a coincidence? Hope to hear from you. Regards, C.L.

Message 56 of 65
latest reply

My sales typically slow down from Easter thru the 4th of July, and this year is no different but slightly slower on this my store account.  However, my non-store account for sports collectibles and other guy stuff is having a better than average April.  The two combined result in a typical April. 

I don't spend a lot of time trying to figure ebay out or revising my listings or my less than professional photos.  I spend more time trying to balance new listings with relisted items and space out relists over 2-3 months.  I also review what type of items sold best in past years for the upcoming months and experiment with items that I haven't sold before. 

I never search for my own items or pay much attention to views or watchers as I consider that  wasted effort.    Ebay changes, the ecommerce marketplace changes, so it's only logical that I also must change what I'm doing to some extent. 

Message 57 of 65
latest reply

Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead

oh excpet all the worldly biddrs that buy my stuff and dont read any of descriptions..

They all say this

USA Shipping only!

No International shipping!

But some how stupid ebay lets them bid and buy it now...UNREAL

Oh and lets not forget all those BUMS here in America who bid on stuff and never pay. 

I now have 2-3 a week.

Unreal

So out of here. Going back to Collectible shows and Flea Markets.

Ebay is like Sears, Kmart and so many more DEAD and soon to be CLOSED!

Message 58 of 65
latest reply

Sales down 54% this month. That is no small change. Ebay big accident I think.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”
― Vivian Greene
Message 59 of 65
latest reply

Im having the same issues.

Mostly 2.99-3.99-4.99-5.99 sales.

My inventory is out dated i guess.

I mostly sell new and used toys.

It seems to me the old collectors like me have started to sell out or die out and dont buy any more.

I personally think ebay-amazon is for old folks.

This is sales is down. Ebay-Amazon is yesterdays news.

Apps like letgo seem to be the new way to sell and Facebook.

BOTH HAVE ZERO FEES!

Message 60 of 65
latest reply