cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon disclosure

...I recently made a purchase on ebay and the item(s) came from amazon. I deliberately choose to shop on ebay to avoid dealing with amazon...not because I begrudge a seller making a couple of extra bucks or anything like that...but because I simply don't want to have anything to do with a company like amazon. This is the second time this has happened...I believe I should have the right to decide where my money goes...as little as it is...therefore I believe ebay sellers should be required to disclose that they are doing business with amazon, so that buyers can go somewhere else.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

amazon disclosure

Some of the drop shippers are really fast. Other slow as molasses. I really dont like what I see going on. The drop shippers are taking over the site. but I guess on the positive side, I dont have to shop on Amazon. Dont really like them. Lots of them wont ship to a PO box. I guess because the ship fed x etc. But we like items to come to the P.O. box, so this discourages alot of sales. It's a pain in the neck. I have to add my other shipping address in there. Then the poor mail lady has to stop and drop it off.

Message 61 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

@ted_200 wrote:

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

It is only against Amazon's policies if the seller has a Prime account and they are using it for the "free" shipping that comes with Prime.  And the OP has still never said one way or another whether or not they even have Prime.

Other than that, there are no rules on Amazon against them being used as a dropshipping source.

Amazon IS the dropshipping source!

FBA is servicing orders for eBay sellers, and charging those clients fees for that service.  In these cases, no one is "buying" anything on Amazon and having it shipped to an eBay buyer.  They are buying ON eBay, and the seller is using FBA to fill the orders.  Obviously the order arrives in an Amazon box, with Amazon tape, because the Item Location was "Amazon warehouse". 

But there seem to be an awful lot of dropshipper wannabes using their Prime accounts to ship stuff as "gifts" and that seem to raise the buyer's ire the most, more than obvious FBA shipments.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 62 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

silly kid.... if it didn't come in a Amazon BOX? you wouldn't know who they got it from..so really what is the point?  You got it a the price YOU wanted to pay , correct? so who and where it came from shouldn't matter... 

if a plain box came, you simply would say oh ok!....

a buyer pays what the want...and seller gets what a buyer will pay....period, the end of this business lession

Message 63 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

Exactly. They have a right to make a profit as long as it not price gouging.
Message 64 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

I see OP's point.    The 2 companies, Ebay and Amazon are pretty much competitors.  If OP has an issue with Amazon, doesn't want to give them his money, it would seem a safe place to spend would be Ebay.   OP, many sellers who drop ship frm Amazon have stock photos in their listing.  Look for white backgrounds, generic photos.  Not saying this is ALWAYS the case, but, in general, stock photos are an indication.  One thing you can do....find your item here on Ebay, then do a quick search on Amazon...compare the photos on the two sites.  If they match, (plain white backgrounds, look like a stock photo) it's probably going to be dropped shipped from Amazon.  This is always true, but often it is.  Or, as others have said, ask, via email, before you buy.  You should be able to choose where you spend your money, as a consumer be it for principle or whatever thr case may be.  Send Ebay a message that you do not like it...they may force a stop to this practice.

amazon disclosure

This thread is several months old.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 66 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

I see that now.  The person above me responded and so it pushed it back up to the top.

amazon disclosure

They can ask whatever they want for their items, buyer can buy it or not. Price gouging is only not allowed in an emergency situation and then only on certain items. Sellers asking whatever for their items in this situation is NOT price gouging.

Know this thread is several months old but HAD to address the misconception of price gouging

@ladyleiaknightwrote:
Exactly. They have a right to make a profit as long as it not price gouging.

Tiptoeing through the tulips can end in stepping on a cow patty 😉
Message 68 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

feel the same way.  I do not want to contribute in ANY WAY to Jeff Bezo.  I would like to see a disclaimer on sellers who sell their stuff from amazon.  I return ANYTHING that comes from amazon.  If I wanted to shop and give jeff bezos my money, I would simply shop amazon.  This has happened twice, and each time I have complained to the seller. 

Message 69 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

Sorry, but I should be able to decide who makes money from me.  Amazon is NOT a company I want to deal with, nor have any portion of my money going to them.    I think sellers need to disclose that they are affiliated with amazon, so the buyer can make the decision to buy from them and allow amazon to make money from their purchase.

Message 70 of 71
latest reply

amazon disclosure

When MY money goes to a business such as amazon, IT IS MY  BUSINESS. 

Message 71 of 71
latest reply