cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a LOT of new scammers this month!!

Getting a lot of New Accounts with Zero ratings buying items and then reporting item not as described or changed my mind excuse.  Then when I ask the buyer to return the items they close the return with eBay and then he/she opens an eBay case where eBay now holds my funds until I message them a return label.  its 2021 why does eBay not have a preprinted return label application process for this already?  Its archaic!  Really?!!? I have to message them a return label?   Oh and ebay says if I dont respond in 4 days they will credit the buyer in full and they dont need to return anything.  Wow, just like Amazon now, screw over the sellers.  They guy had a zero rating (until I gave him 1 positive) and just joined, and im here with 15+ years with a 5000+ positive, such **bleep**.   I guess I have to start cancelling orders from people that have a zero rating and blocking them.   Im sure they are just attempting to get free merch to resell on here at the sellers expense.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: a LOT of new scammers this month!!

This is bad but not necessarily scams.

Screaming SCAMS all the time makes buyers leave or, at least, suspect all sellers of being scammers. This hurts eBay sellers more than anyone else.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

it is a good idea. also, you can mention this " if you wish to buy this your feedback score must have 10 or more" on your description
for e.g: on your high-end items

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@krist_ex wrote:

it is a good idea. also, you can mention this " if you wish to buy this your feedback score must have 10 or more" on your description
for e.g: on your high-end items

Unenforceable, and against the rules

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The resolution center should give you the option of having the buyer return the item and if you check that, Ebay will send a label for the buyer.......... 

There is also an option of giving the buyer a refund and letting them keep the item.......

Do you not see that in a case? 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you want your items back before you issue a refund. You will have to change your return policy to Sellers will pay for returns. I noticed on 3 random listings that Buyer needs to pay for return shipping. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You can set it in your return settings as well, correct?  (you send label, e-bay sends label,etc)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@iart wrote:

This is bad but not necessarily scams.

Screaming SCAMS all the time makes buyers leave or, at least, suspect all sellers of being scammers. This hurts eBay sellers more than anyone else.

Not trying to be a Disagreeable Debbie, but I actually think this one is some kind of new scam - it's happened to me too. It went like this both times:

*Buyer opens SNAD return

*I accept return, buy & upload eBay label 

*Buyer contacts CS and closes return

*I immediately get a message from eBay saying there's a problem with the label, so I have 4 days to send the buyer another label and resolve the issue w/ buyer 

*The item in no longer accessible in returns and now appears in the Resolution Center as a case awaiting action

*I immediately buy a label on pirateship, message the buyer, and attach the new label

*Within minutes of messaging the buyer, I receive an email from eBay saying this:

We reviewed this case and decided to issue the buyer a full refund. The buyer claimed that the item didn’t match the description. A refund of US $43.24 was issued on May 5, 2021 to the buyer. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping. The refund amount will be recovered from you by eBay.

Keep in mind, all this took place on the same day, within hours of the "You have 4 days" email. I have no idea what the loophole is here, but it's never happened before and it's happened to me twice in the past month. I eventually got the cases reversed on appeal, but the whole process is a major time waster (and the buyer gets to keep their refund).

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@doug_5857 wrote:

If you want your items back before you issue a refund. You will have to change your return policy to Sellers will pay for returns. I noticed on 3 random listings that Buyer needs to pay for return shipping. 

Not so.   I'm not sure why the returns process for the OP is not working, but the buyer is always issued a return label if they file for a refund - either from their own account (remorse) or from the seller's account (NAD). 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply