cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero watchers. Clothing sales have all but stopped completely

So I just took down a few things since they're not selling. Here is the thing though, I'm actually selling good stuff. Price is relative so we're not going to discuss the merits of what one values something as. I'm selling quality mens luxury items for fractions of the retail price. At this point, I'd take low ball offers. But zero watchers and very low page views has me wondering that something is really happening on eBay. If I had many page views and even a handful of watchers and no deal, then I could adjust the price, perhaps issue an incentive, but getting nothing. So what's that about?

I should be selling these items in a week even at 50% of my currently 75% off prices. I have friends that own shops in NYC and business for them has pretty much stopped too. 

I'm getting the impression 2nd hand clothing sales are slumping big time. And I'm not talking about the Old Navy garbage for $4.99 either. 

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Zero watchers. Clothing sales have all but stopped completely

Clothing sales have all but stopped completely

They may have stopped for you, but they have not stopped on eBay. Searching Sold listings for pre-owned in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, I see:

1,983,116 results for dress
1,240,398 results for jacket
1,067,182 results for jeans
1,063,734 results for sweater
716,040 results for blouse
440,789 results for pants
409,285 results for skirt

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

You are right that things in this country really took a dive under our (conservative) president George W. Bush.  Looking to the future though things only look like they will get worse.  With Trump we can already see he has no intention of making America "great."  His goal is rather to line his own pockets (as well as those of all the billionaires he has put in the "swamp.")  We better hold onto our wallets because once his monstrous tax cuts are implemented (you know the ones where many lower income families are projected to pay MORE), we are headed for more tough times indeed.  Sad day in America I am afraid.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

There was discussion here about a year ago. It had to do with a "waiting in line system" for items listed but the category was too saturated to take in any new listings.  In other words, your listing would wait in line but would not be shown until a certain amount of listings ahead of yours either expired or were sold - regardless of the clock still ticking on your listings life span.

If this is true, it's likely that when you see your listing end with zero page views, that it never had visibility.

This could be an interesting question for the "weekly chat".

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

I don't see the problem with owning an expensive car and regular shoes. I like to have a big variety of clothes and shoes. I only have one car. I'd rather buy several pairs of Ralph Lauren or Ugg boots than buy one pair of high end boots that I'll probably scuff anyway. I have several Dooney and Burke purses that I love. There's no way I'd trade them all for one boring Chanel or LV bag.

There's also a big difference between nice and expensive. RL and similar brands make me happy. Why would I pay 10 times more for something that is not 10 times better? I can certainly afford luxury brands, I just don't think they're worth the price.

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Women's Black Port Authority Brand Button Front Shirt Size Medium 1.00.This is easy 10 to 12 dollar item and well made.
Letting China in the market has degraded the value of many items. Clothes is one good example.The disposable younger generation has no value for a Calvin Cline, Chico, Jones of New York,. Ann Taylor...etc..they can buy a item from china CHEAP wear it twice and toss it.And buy something new and cheap again
Ladies Women Summer Lace Vest Top Sleeveless 2.99.. Cute New Hong Kong.
China is taking over man American markets.
Message 50 of 51
latest reply

I wouldn't really consider Port Authority a big brand name. I'm seeing things sell from good lines like Talbots and Ralph Lauren. They have to be stylish though, not something from years ago. I'm shopping for jeans right now and most I'm finding are either petite, plus or have 28 or 33 inch inseams. I'm pretty tall but 33 inches is way too long on me

sell timely stuff that fits people at a good price. There's a lot of ugly old clothing sitting out there that nobody would want. Clear the dogs out of your inventory

measurements!! I can't see how someone could sell a women's shirt with no measurements.

Message 51 of 51
latest reply