cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another question about authentic Chanel Scarf

Can anyone help me figure out if this is authentic or not?  I thought it was, but then I recieved a message from Ebay about having to prove it so I changed it and listed it as a knock off.  I didn't recieve any notice when listing but later when revising I received a notice that I can't sell it as a knock off either (I understand why now).  I have attached a few pictures but have more on the listing.  I just need to figure out if this is authentic and change my listing to reflect that or if I need to cancel the listing completely if it is a fake.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks.  

Listing link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112823815921

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Yet another question about authentic Chanel Scarf

Interesting, as there's one exactly like it (only in brown not blue) with a current bid of $35.99...

See:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Chanel-brown-and-gold-silk-scarf-31-Rue-Cambon-CHANEL-PARI...

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

The serifs? ah. gotcha.

To me it was the machine serging that was just wrong. I have polyester scarves, designer but nothing fancy, just Vera Bradley, with rolled hand stitched edging.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

That's why I was having trouble figuring out authenticity because there are scarves like the one I have that are currently selling and have sold.  Same stitching, no tag, same fonts, etc.  Confusing.   One had a "Made in Paris" tag, but can't that be duplicated too?  Maybe some people can get away with selling counterfeits (not that I want to do that since it is illegal.

@livadiawrote:

Interesting, as there's one exactly like it (only in brown not blue) with a current bid of $35.99...

See:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Chanel-brown-and-gold-silk-scarf-31-Rue-Cambon-CHANEL-PARI...

).  

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@reallynicestampswrote:

The serifs? ah. gotcha.

To me it was the machine serging that was just wrong. I have polyester scarves, designer but nothing fancy, just Vera Bradley, with rolled hand stitched edging.

I used the word "font" - I know it's "serif" but ASSumed (perhaps incorrectly) that OP wouldn't know that.  

That brown one listed is also fake.   It's a very commonly used pattern for fake Chanel scarves.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@shellmrtnwrote:

That's why I was having trouble figuring out authenticity because there are scarves like the one I have that are currently selling and have sold.  Same stitching, no tag, same fonts, etc.  Confusing.   One had a "Made in Paris" tag, but can't that be duplicated too?  Maybe some people can get away with selling counterfeits (not that I want to do that since it is illegal.

@livadiawrote:

@shellmrtn  -- It's just interesting that you were told to take your listing down because it was a fake, yet there's at least one other out there that's identical/active/has bids  (which, interestingly enough, I found in 10 seconds because it was the the "Others Like It" section at the bottom of *your* listing).

Yes, I know others will chime in and say:  "Well, the other people just haven't gotten caught yet."   True, but most of the time "others get caught" because they were reported.   Makes you wonder who the reporter was, but I can guess.   Others probably can, too.    😉

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Could you tell me what you think of this?

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

The flower represented on the scarf is a Camellia and is a motif often used by Chanel.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Any time there is question of authenticity, don't list it. There are many out there ready to call you out on it. I have a drawer full of "designer" labeled scarves, bags and jewelry, I wear them with pride....no one has yet thrown me to the ground to check all the points of authenticity. My friends don't ask and I don't tell. There is a world of authentic Chanel items out there that were promotionals and gifts for representatives of the brand. Just a quick call to Chanel CS ( I got the number through google) and they can tell you if your item falls in that category. However, better safe than sorry, so wear your scarves with pride, but don't list unless you have proof of authenticity.
Message 23 of 23
latest reply