cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another question about authentic Chanel Scarf

Can anyone help me figure out if this is authentic or not?  I thought it was, but then I recieved a message from Ebay about having to prove it so I changed it and listed it as a knock off.  I didn't recieve any notice when listing but later when revising I received a notice that I can't sell it as a knock off either (I understand why now).  I have attached a few pictures but have more on the listing.  I just need to figure out if this is authentic and change my listing to reflect that or if I need to cancel the listing completely if it is a fake.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks.  

Listing link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112823815921

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Yet another question about authentic Chanel Scarf

End that auction as soon as possible before you are reported.

You cannot sell counterfeit merchandise.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

The scarf is not authentic.   You are already on ebay's botdar so please do end the listing asap.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Thank you

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@shellmrtnwrote:

Can anyone help me figure out if this is authentic or not?  I thought it was, but then I recieved a message from Ebay about having to prove it so I changed it and listed it as a knock off.  I didn't recieve any notice when listing but later when revising I received a notice that I can't sell it as a knock off either (I understand why now).  I have attached a few pictures but have more on the listing.  I just need to figure out if this is authentic and change my listing to reflect that or if I need to cancel the listing completely if it is a fake.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks.  

Listing link:

That is as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

The edge stitching is the clue.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Is the reason that it was spotted as counterfeit the stitched edging and fraying?

I'd just like to know for my own satisfaction.

@emersoausti0  - you type fast! Thank you for the information.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@emersoausti0wrote:

@shellmrtnwrote:

Listing link:

That is as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

The edge stitching is the clue.

I see what you mean.  At a high end manufacturer such as Chanel that would have never passed quality control.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Thank you.  That is good to know in case I'm am ever lucky enough to find an authentic one.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I have seen authentic Chanel scarves sold on Ebay with frayed edging and unrolled seams, but I think it's the stitching.  I'll have to do more research to figure out how to tell an authentic scarf.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

If the stitching isn't a dead giveaway. The first stroke of the 'N' is slightly bigger than the rest of the letters.

A Chanel scarf is a work of art. This, this is garbage.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@reallynicestampswrote:

Is the reason that it was spotted as counterfeit the stitched edging and fraying?

That and the edges are machine stitched, and flat.original.jpeg

That's what a real one would look like 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@shellmrtnwrote:

I have seen authentic Chanel scarves sold on Ebay with frayed edging and unrolled seams, but I think it's the stitching.  I'll have to do more research to figure out how to tell an authentic scarf.

I very much doubt they were real

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

In addition to the hemming, look at the next to last photo.  See "Chanel Paris" in the corner above the border?  Chanel never uses that font.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@emersoausti0wrote:

@reallynicestampswrote:

That and the edges are machine stitched, and flat.original.jpeg

That's what a real one would look like 

I once had someone try to return a $$$ Burberry silk scarf because the rolled edges were "uneven and looked like someone sewed them by hand."

Sigh...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for all the information!  I have no experience with scarves but will hopefully be able to spot a fake next time with all this helpful information.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply