cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Pictures / Images, Descriptions or Item Specifics Swapped after eBay System Update Error

Didn't find any other posts on the subject but know that I can't be alone in experiencing it... So I'm creating this post for other sellers to potentially find. 

Have had a large number of listings massively screwed up by eBay during some recent update (likely the removal of active content/inkfrog gallery) with images or data in each being replaced by the same from a completely different listing. I don't use bulk upload or third party listing/editing tools - so this can't logically be blamed on errors in either.

Most commonly, the main photos in the listings have been replaced with photos of a completely different item from our store. Variation photos appear to be uneffected. In at least one case, older (no longer in use) versions of images from another listing replaced ours.

So far I have also seen listings where the  photos and either description or item specifics were also swapped. 

A few others found still appear to have correct photos & item specifics but the description has been replaced by unformatted text which includes many code snippets.

I have close to 2.8k listings. So far I've probably found 70+ effected. Several only after customers contacted me to ask about the discrepancies or purchased an item from one of the listings. Appears to have occurred sometime in the past week but may be an ongoing issue, perhaps when GTC items are renewing. 

Where I am finding them, I seem to be finding several groups of items which may have been listed around the same times. However, this doesn't appear limited to a specific timeframe as I have found at least a few much older items with the issues as well. 

The same error may also be responsible for double-applying discounts (markdown manager) to some listings... but that could just as easily be the same markdown manager error that I've reported many times over the years but which remains unfixed.

This may be an ongoing issue as I seem to be finding more each day including far more than I realistically would have missed among listings that I'd previously combed. 

Called eBay to report/complain a couple of days ago when I'd found yet another large batch. Was told there was no record of the issue. They tried to blame on a bulk upload (not utilized) or third party listing tool (also not used). Of course, there's no solution but to comb through, finding & fixing every listing individually. 

Creating this post as a reference point for any others who may be experiencing the same. Very unacceptable errors on eBay's part, especially when  unwilling to acknowledge or accept responsibility.  Undoubtedly going to cause some issues between buyers and sellers and even where it doesn't and sellers find the errors, it can be a massive undertaking. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Listing Pictures / Images, Descriptions or Item Specifics Swapped after eBay System Update Error

Don't think it's because of active content. Just happened to me again yesterday when item got a bid in on it. I checked the listing and it had needlework kits photos instead of pants and sweater. Had to write bidder to explain that Ebay messed up again. I also find that every time I do a bulk relist many photos are totally missing or mixed up. I am so tired of Ebay making selling extremely difficult for sellers. Things continue to go wrong more and more.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Some of My Photo's, are disappearing? I upload 9 to 12 Photo's, and I'm finding that after they are relisted after 30 Days, that some are just showing one photo left up, all other Photo's disappearing?

I have about  1,000 Items and I've found about 30 such times, that this has happened, I'd have to re shoot photo's and upload them again, but finding them all is a real big issue, opening each item I'm selling & looking for this error of just one photo left. And I'm paying .35 cents every month, for these error's or Glitch? Anyone else having problems?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There was a problem for about 4 days in June with GTC listings losing pictures.  I think that's what you are using....This thread has a way to find them and a way to recover them.  Ebay is still working to try to recover them, but no word yet on if/when they will be able to do it.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/Find-Listings-that-are-missing-photos/m-p/286...

An off topic question.....why are you paying 35c......you have over 900 listings.......why not a store?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply