cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will eBay ever increase the value of the Shipping Supplies coupon? Stuck at $25 for over 7 years...

I try to remember every quarter to use my $25 shipping supplies coupon, which I think used to be promoted by ebay as a "FREE Shipping Supplies" coupon. But the value of that $25 has gone down dramatically, while eBay has never increased the coupon value -- in at least 7 years. Years ago you were able to actually get FREE shipping supplies using the coupon. So it would cost me nothing for a box or bag to mail a sold item. Now, it costs about 20 cents for each box or bag to mail each item. I'm not selling big ticket items, so that extra 20 cents each (plus higher postage and all the other increased ebay seller costs) actually adds up. 

Has there been any talk of increasing the value of that coupon?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Will eBay ever increase the value of the Shipping Supplies coupon? Stuck at $25 for over 7 years

Your question is understandable and probably something to be hoped for; however, since this is a "courtesy" type of thing, it's hard to picture eBay increasing the amount since it's a "perk" for sellers and eBay is often reluctant to offer a lot of those.  

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Will eBay ever increase the value of the Shipping Supplies coupon? Stuck at $25 for over 7 years

@blizzard2 

ebay Open is next week. IF they are going to announce an increase in the dollar amount of the coupon this year, that is the most likely time for the announcement.

I don't expect any such thing, but agree, it would be nice, as the purchasing power of the coupon has been declining for quite some time. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Never seen any such talk about it.  Inflation is a big problem for sure.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

The cost of the eBay branded supplies have increased multiple times across the board. The $25 coupon is useless. You can do better with any bulk supplier on the internet.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

How much has the Store subscription rates gone up in the past 7 years? I haven't had a Store for many years, just looked at the current monthly rate for a Basic Store, not positive but I think that it's the same as it was years ago or maybe it went up by $2 per month.

Perhaps if the subscription rate went up by $10/month the coupon would go up to $30.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

The month that the coupon comes out many Ebay shipping supplies go out of stock and there are sellers listing smaller quantities than sold by Ebay's contractor at prices up to double the unit cost of the typical 100 pack.

If they raised the limit any higher, it would be impossible to buy supplies and use the coupon.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

For some reason, I've never been able to find the Shipping Supplies coupon.  Can someone tell me where to find it?  Is it an email from ebay? 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Look under store, then subscriber discounts, the code is under store supplies.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Nope, but the cost of the supplies will continue going from obscene to comedic. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I just use it to subsidize my shipping envelopes or boxes. I get enough items to use up most of the coupon and only pay the tax, if necessary. I buy most of my shipping items from Staples. If you sign up for their autofill or coupons, you can save some money on them. 

As others have said, it is a perk, not a given and they have not raised their store rates in quite some time. Maybe consider raising your prices to include those extra expenses that you have? 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Will eBay ever increase the value of the Shipping Supplies coupon?

I have no idea whether giving away more shipping supplies would increase eBay's revenue or not, but I bet eBay does.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

My only reply: don't hold your breath.  eBay only does things that line eBay's pockets.  They won't refrain from jacking up store fees, and I wouldn't be surprised if the shipping supplies coupon goes away entirely like eBay Bucks did.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Well its ebay's loss, I have to buy boxes and wont' have the ebay logo on the side, I'm not paying double on a box just so it has ebay's logo on it. I've gone from 200 boxes per coupon to only 50.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@blizzard2 wrote:

I try to remember every quarter to use my $25 shipping supplies coupon, which I think used to be promoted by ebay as a "FREE Shipping Supplies" coupon. But the value of that $25 has gone down dramatically, while eBay has never increased the coupon value -- in at least 7 years. Years ago you were able to actually get FREE shipping supplies using the coupon. So it would cost me nothing for a box or bag to mail a sold item. Now, it costs about 20 cents for each box or bag to mail each item. I'm not selling big ticket items, so that extra 20 cents each (plus higher postage and all the other increased ebay seller costs) actually adds up. 

Has there been any talk of increasing the value of that coupon?

@blizzard2 Seriously?? I think its a miracle they still offer any supplies at all considering they've done away, or hacked away, with just about every seller kudo, service, or benefit they have ever offered...

Message 15 of 16
latest reply