cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will eBay Clothing Sellers Need To Compete With Amazon Prime Wardrobe?

The clothes are sent to your home before you pay for them.  You try them on and purchase only those you desire.  Will this become a necessity for selling on eBay?

Will this become the norm for eCommerce?  

Have you heard of this new service?
Here's more about it:

All Amazon Prime members can now try clothes before they buy
https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/20/amazon-prime-wardrobe-open-to-all-subscribers/

"Amazon has been testing out a fee-free clothing-box service in the vein of Stitch Fix since last June. Prime Wardrobe allowed customer to try out selected clothing before buying; customers would only be charged for the items they kept. Until now, the service has been invite only, but today Amazon expanded its new feature to all Prime customers.

Prime Wardrobe items are limited to women's, men's, kids' and baby clothing and accessories sold directly by Amazon.com. You can add anywhere between three and eight items to your box, and once you check out, your selections will arrive between four and six business days (no free two-day shipping here, unfortunately). You have a week to try on the items and decide if you are keeping them without being charged. Once you decide what you want to keep, you can check out in Your Orders. Anything you keep, or that isn't returned to Amazon, is charged to your credit card."

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Will eBay Clothing Sellers Need To Compete With Amazon Prime Wardrobe?

A cousin of mine used a service just like this. The clothes they returned got lost even with tracking. They were charged for all the missing items. Something like that could happen when you return anything of course, but my cousin had sent several items back and the charges were steep. It made me never want to use such a service. 

Message 16 of 16
latest reply