cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why eBay staff are not accountable for lies? Far to much corruption?

Why eBay staff are not accountable for lies? Far too much corruption? calling eBay is a mess, and when you do INCOMPETENCE AT BEST / NOT TO MENTION poor English communication (Most of the time you can't understand anything not to forget baby cry in the back, dog barking and music party, that what you get when calling eBy..most of the time SORRY, WE ARE SORRY ,BUT NOTHING AT ALL WILL DONE. SHAMELESS

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I doubt that those are actual ebay staff. I think they are employed by a call center. They don't appear to be  trained well or given any authority and they just follow a script. If you have a problem you can ask for help here on the boards or go to ebay customer service on twitter or Facebook They do work for ebay and do seem to know how things really do work.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Go to Facebook for Business.  Unfortunately, this is the place that real EBAY employees work now (Facebook for Business).  Asking questions here on ebay, they are contractors.  And the people that your are talking to and asking questions, are contractors...

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Sorry for my "rudness" but nobody on here works for ebay. And your caps lock is stuck. 

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@mhd59michel 

Since you have over 600 current active listings, I'm having a hard time believing that you're unhappy with ebay. Usually, people who don't like a venue don't use it! 

If you canceled a listing with less-than-accurate reason for cancelling, you're going have an unhappy buyer. And unhappy buyers are allowed to grade you on that. 

ETA: BTW, I don't work for ebay. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

100% agree!! Some of us make a living selling on ebay which in turn pays for the crappy customer service ... I too am tired of being lied to. 

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

Since you have over 600 current active listings, I'm having a hard time believing that you're unhappy with ebay. Usually, people who don't like a venue don't use it! 

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on that.

They still use it ... they just like to complain about it.   😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

@memorabletreasures wrote:

100% agree!! Some of us make a living selling on ebay which in turn pays for the crappy customer service ... I too am tired of being lied to. 

You are welcome to take your 5000+ listings to another platform.

Why would you stay here?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

It's been getting better recently. But over the years, wow I do have some stories.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

To the highlighted comment AND the OP's rant I have a question:

If you know, or only believe, that you will be constantly lied to WHY do you keep asking them questions?

There are other accurate resources available. I have NEVER called CS and yet all of my problems and concerns get answered and dealt with expeditiously.

Something about the darkness and the candle comes to mind.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

If you know, or only believe, that you will be constantly lied to WHY do you keep asking them questions?

We are allowed to talk about it here, luckily. Especially when things get bad, if not here, where else?

For my part, I point out how bad it can be 75% of the time, but that when you get the right person they can and will help you. Calling CS tends to work a lot better than most avenues but it can take more than one try.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

@mhd59michel 

So far, everyone in this thread is NOT an ebay employee.  Nobody from ebay is responding to your rant.  We are all buyers and sellers that help others on this platform.

You speak of those CS agents that have poor communication skills but you need to proof read your own posts before you hit that reply button...😳

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

The very BEST news is...

... there is absolutely no requirement to either sell or buy on eBay.  YOU are free to distance yourself from this, or any other company, you feel is out to get you.  But yet, here you are. For what reason are you still with an incompetent, corrupt to the core company? Why do you support eBay with your business?  

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

very funny, when you assert to expose the HONESTY AND CRITIC OPENLY STAFF ON EBAY FOR THEIR MISCONDUCT, RUDENESS AND LIES, POST GET REMOVED VERY FAST, POLICIES IS MISLEADING ALL OVER AND TO DO ENCOURAGE BUYERS NOR SELLERS TO CONTACT EBAY PROPERLY AND DIRECTLY... AND WHAT YOU DO CONTACT THEM! BY MESSAGE OR PHONE YOU BARELY CAN'T SPEAK TO THEM, THEY ARE TOO BUSY WITH THIER KIDS ON THE BACK, NOT TO MENTION DOG BARKING AND LOAD MUSIC? SERIOUSLY THAT NOT THE WAY TO RESPECT CUSTOMERS, AND THEN I RECEIVE A MESSAGE TELLING ME THAT ALL PEOPLE ON MESSAGES OR PHONE ARE NOT PART OF EBAY??? THAT THE REAL STAFF OF EBAY WILL BE ON TWISTER AND FACEBOOK SITE? (BOTH SITES ARE WELL KNOW FOR THEIR CORRUPTION, NOTHING NEWS, SO INSECURE, BUT THAT EBAY TODAY) YES IS SHAMELESS, THIS IS SOMETHING... SO MUCH MILLIONS AND TO PAY FEW PEANUTS PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD TO BASICALLY CAN'T NOT RESOLVE ANYTHING FOR EBAY... AGAIN SHAMELESS, AND ALL THE SO CALLED MANAGER THAT WILL TELL YOU TO BE "RESPECTFUL" WHEN THEY DOING NOTHING AT ALL ???  AGAIN THIS IS EBAY TODAY WHEN CORRUPTION AND THIEVES ROAMING ALL OVER,  I HOPE THAT SOMEDAY SOME SERIOUS HONEST MANAGEMENT WILL SHOW UP TO START AGAIN SOME HONESTY...

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@mhd59michel wrote:

THEY ARE TOO BUSY WITH THIER KIDS ON THE BACK, NOT TO MENTION DOG BARKING AND LOAD MUSIC?

That's not a problem just on Ebay.

I called another company last year and got a guy I couldn't understand and you could hear chickens, kids playing and a tv in the background.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 32
latest reply