cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why eBay staff are not accountable for lies? Far to much corruption?

Why eBay staff are not accountable for lies? Far too much corruption? calling eBay is a mess, and when you do INCOMPETENCE AT BEST / NOT TO MENTION poor English communication (Most of the time you can't understand anything not to forget baby cry in the back, dog barking and music party, that what you get when calling eBy..most of the time SORRY, WE ARE SORRY ,BUT NOTHING AT ALL WILL DONE. SHAMELESS

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Why eBay staff are not accountable for lies? Far to much corruption?

@kensgiftshop ,

Because many of the call center jobs have been made work from home.

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@mhd59michel ,

What is your issue you can't resolve. There is plenty of experienced sellers on here I'm sure could help?

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

experience seller like for almost 20 years... SERIOUSLY. LET BE HONEST HERE, FRAUD, CORRUPTION IS ALL OVER EBAY THESES DAY... PLEASE, HOPE TO SEE NEW MANAGEMENT SOON...

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@mhd59michel ,

Ebay employees rarely frequent these boards.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

so I guess they lies to me on eBay telling my the real ebay working for ebay re on Facebook,AND MORE LIES, YOU HAVE NO CURE, HONESTY DEFENETLY NOT EBAY PHILOSOPHY... AGAIN THIS IS HORRIBLE AND SHAMELESS... NO WONDER AMAZON I NEVER , NEVER HAS PROBLEMS... 

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

@mhd59michel 

It sounds like you just want to vent but don't really want help. 

That's okay. Vent away but please don't be rude and please unlock your caps! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

I doubt that those are actual ebay staff. I think they are employed by a call center.

I agree , but when I posted that (serially since we get the same questions over and over) a pink and a couple of posters  ripped me claiming they all work for eBay.

I figure that's for a given value of "work".  If eBay hires the call center and the call center hires the clerks, who signs the pay cheques.

Social media are much better and better trained.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

ALL CAPS  is difficult to read.

You can increase the size of your font for easier reading by going to View->Zoom-> Zoom In

Or if you want to use a  larger font the T (3rd over at the top of this text box) will give you letters that are larger .

or even larger.

You may also find it easier to write in your first language, since evidently that is not English. Then proofread and use Google Translate.

Post in both languages.

It is very likely you will find someone who can give you advice in your mother tongue.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

I LOVE CAPS (NOTHING BELLIGERENT HERE I JUST CAN SEE BETTER...

SHARING MY THOUGHT ON EBAY, KNOWIN THAT YOU CENSURE EVERYTHING FROM ALL THE MEMBERS/CUSTOMERS THAT CRITIC EBAY ? SERIOUSLY? YOUR STAFF ARE RUDE, CORRUPTED AND LIES ALL THE TIME, NOT TO MENTION ALL THE PEOPLE YOU PAY 2 PEANUTS OVERSEAS AND BARELY CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH WORKING FROM HOME WHEN YOU CAM HEAR ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THEIR DOG BARKING AND BABY CRYING IN THE BACK AS WELL LOUD MUSIQUE? SERIOUSLY, GREED HAS BECOME YOUR PRIORITY AND YOU CAN STOP MISLEADING MEMBERS/CUSTOMERS OVER AND OVER. I CAL 10 TIME EBAY TO RESOLT A MINIMAL SSUE AND NOTHING DONE TO INCOMPETENCE AND RUDENESS OF YOUR STAFF. I NEVER, NEVER EXPERIMENTED THIS BEFORE, THE PAST 5 YEARS EBAY AS BECOME A NIGHTMARE AND THAT WHY PEOPLE MOVING ON TO AMAZON 99% OF ALL MY FRIENDS AND CUSTOMERS LEFTS EBAY FOR AMAZON? WHY ??? YPU MUST START TO CLEAN YOUR HOUSE AND HIRED BACK SOME HONEST, NO CORRUPTED PEOPLE, BECAUSE YES, HONESTY IS IMPORTANT... THIS MESSAGE WILL GO THE GARBAGE AS USAL, SO OH WELL

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

@mhd59michel ,

Are you trying to get the negative feedback removed?

In case you are not aware these boards are monitored by Khoros. Any post removals are done by moderators from Khoros and not employees of eBay..

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

As far as customer support goes, try calling any manufacturer about an issue you're having and you're very lucky to get someone that has a clear understanding beyond what you knew and be glad you can understand them.

I had to call Honeywell last month, they make lots of temperature controls, I ended up speaking with someone overseas with a very thick accent and it was an hour wasted. I found other numbers to call and got a great guy here in the US that helped me out, that's often not the case though.

The last time I tried to call Ebay was maybe a year ago, and I was told that they didn't have the staff to answer calls due to the pandemic. I felt that was a horrible excuse and it shouldn't have been the case...

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Amazon, Facebook Marketplace may work very well and be an option for some people, it does not work for the person selling items they make, or find at yard sales, or sell from their own supply. If most of your items fit another platform you'd already be gone.

I get it, you're angry, and want better help. But these forums can't do that and Ebay employees won't read it. So either talk about some specific situations that many people here can help point you in the right direction with, believe me. Or just realize that that's how it is here and there isn't much you can do. I prefer to word it that way than to say "well, why are you still here" because that's kicking a person who's already down. 

It can be very frustrating here, especially knowing that Ebay sides with buyers, not sellers and that probably won't change. But, sometimes you can get advice on here that will better protect yourself. 

PS - Do drop the caps and get some reading glasses if it's hard for you to see. It's well know as "yelling" and it doesn't help you, it will attract less attention to your immediate needs. Take care and good luck...

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

ONDERING WHAT EBAY IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ? SERIOUSLY? THIS IS A JOKE AT BEST.... HONESTY PLEASE 

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Why have you not yet returned here and told us the details of your problem? 

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

"It's been getting better recently. But over the years, wow I do have some stories."

If its getter better than eBay would have not dropped to #3 behind Shopify.

They've lost millions of users. Millions of other accounts are duplicate accounts whereas a single person has accounts for selling, buying and posting. Million of other accounts are dormant.

They are habitual liars!

At least two eBay CEO have publicly said they don't want you here. Referring to small time sellers as just so many people conducting garage sales and buyer of such goods as low value buyers.

eBay has has several attempted transitions by management:

1. Small timer sellers and companies (i.e., those who invented all the innovations found on eBay today).

2. Attempt to court Big Box stores and get rid of #1.

3. Get rid of #2 in favor of Communist Chinese partners as Big Box stores are just middlemen.

4. Continue to use Chinese Communist companies for low value items as they will not complain and their employees will not certainly not complain as China is a police state. Concentrate higher priced goods on NFTs, sneakers and various other fabricated collectible markets.

Continue to get rid of #1 as they complain too much and use up too many resources.

Remember now you are dealing with upper management whose only concern is to meet short term sales goals at any cost so they get their big bonuses and leave the company wealthy. They could care less about the long term health of eBay or its users. When this is the only thing you are concerned about and are your innovation were stolen then you drop from #1 to #3.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply