cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t Ebay support all sellers equally??

8317944F-6B6D-4B01-80AF-1CED542D0553.jpeg

Anyone else tired of seeing and getting these emails and messages? Why can’t Ebay support all sellers equally with offers like this? Why are these weekly promotions only for sellers that Ebay hand picks? Would love to hear any input that you folks may have.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Why can’t Ebay support all sellers equally??

@nomarfan1 wrote:Anyone else tired of seeing and getting these emails and messages? Why can’t Ebay support all sellers equally with offers like this? Why are these weekly promotions only for sellers that Ebay hand picks? Would love to hear any input that you folks may have.

Too much work, too little return?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I dont any of those emails or messages, go to your preferences and unclick all that **bleep**
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

A seller has to be willing and able to supply a large quantity for the sales and cut the price to qualify for those sales spots..........  so only big sellers are going to be able to do that. 

And they have been running alot more % off sales that do apply to us.........

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I guess that's part of the "great visibility" reward they promised us for complying with all their requirements.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

because its run by a lawyer and not a salesman

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Nowhere in the world of retail are sellers treated equally.  The more volume you buy the larger the discounts you can obtain.  If you combine that volume with additional efficiencies you will become a monopoly.  That is the way of capitalism.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

Nowhere in the world of retail are sellers treated equally.  The more volume you buy the larger the discounts you can obtain.  If you combine that volume with additional efficiencies you will become a monopoly.  That is the way of capitalism.

Exactly right.    I don't expect to be treated the same as a seller dropping 10K per month on ebay fees when

I'm spending $200.00

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@nomarfan1 wrote:

Why are these weekly promotions only for sellers that Ebay hand picks?

Probably for the same reason that a multitude of other venues offer promotions and discounts for specific products while excluding others. For example, Best Buy is currently offering promotions on Microsoft Surface, Samsung Galaxy, and Amazon Echo. Dell laptops, Google Pixel phones, and Apple Homepods are not being "supported equally" there either. 

eBay does not pick these seller and these products out of the blue; they are a joint promotion. If you want in, you should have your sales department contact eBay to set up a promotion. You'll probably need references, proof that you an handle the volume, and verification of your inventory. You probably also have to foot the entire bill for the discounts. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

A seller has to be willing and able to supply a large quantity for the sales and cut the price to qualify for those sales spots..........  so only big sellers are going to be able to do that. 

And they have been running alot more % off sales that do apply to us.........

Who is "they"?  Are you talking about Ebay?  If that is what you are referring to, there is a bit more information that you should have added as Ebay does NOT just decide certain sellers will accept a discount on their pricing because Ebay says so.  Ebay does have promotions sometimes that offer a certain percentage off specific seller's items, BUT the sellers have to AGREE to be part of the promotion FIRST.  It does not just come as a SURPRISE!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@mam98031

Sorry for the confusion....I meant the general 15-20% sale off to buyers on any items benefit us as sellers...............it doesn't target certain sellers.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@mam98031

Sorry for the confusion....I meant the general 15-20% sale off to buyers on any items benefit us as sellers...............it doesn't target certain sellers.

Well it is late here and I am easily confused !!!  Thank you for the clarification.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 12
latest reply