cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listing not showing up!

I don't know if I posted in the correct area so I'm trying under selling now.

This happens a lot to me.  Unless I search for my item using almost the exact wording I put it up as, I can't find it.   This time, I've waited until the end and have tried all different search terms:   sleevless tops for women, lot of women's tops, mixed lot of sleevelsess shirts, large lot of women's shirts, mixed summer tops for women, etc.   

-

The title is: women's TOPS, 23+, (PLEASE - see all pictures!) sleeveless, NWT, NWOT, few worn

This has happened with so many items that I've put on line?  This is the first time that I've put something extra like PLEASE see all pictures - I know that's not advised.   I have had views but really think that these arent showing up in normal average searches. This is one that I expected a lot of viewers and that is soooo rare for me.

I'm in the right categories and its down to just a little time and its not popping up?

`

Any advice?   Is there a problem with ebay?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

listing not showing up!

I Guess now my questions aren't showing up either.  😞

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

listing not showing up!

@09stellanicole wrote:

I don't know if I posted in the correct area so I'm trying under selling now.

This happens a lot to me.  Unless I search for my item using almost the exact wording I put it up as, I can't find it.   This time, I've waited until the end and have tried all different search terms:   sleevless tops for women, lot of women's tops, mixed lot of sleevelsess shirts, large lot of women's shirts, mixed summer tops for women, etc.   

You're searching terms like "lot" and "mixed" and "shirts" and "summer" but none of those key words are in your title.

I searched "women's tops sleeveless" and it pulled 2,366,635 results. WIth that many listings it should tell you that you need better key words in your title.

-

The title is: women's TOPS, 23+, (PLEASE - see all pictures!) sleeveless, NWT, NWOT, few worn

Your title has a lot of room for improvement. Remove the punctuation like commas because that can affect search placement, especially with 3rd party search engines. Remove the part about please/pictures. Remove NWT, NWOT, few worn - buyers generally won't search those terms making them a waste of real estate.

Your listing groups sizes S to XL. That's too big of a size gap unless someone is a reseller. That's fine if you are looking to move them quick and don't care how much you get, but if you want to earn more you would get a better price grouping by size. It would also help with search to keep items in a similar size group.

Try a title like:

Sleeveless Tank Top Lot of 23 Size Small Assorted Colors then add a couple of key brand names from the lot

Your description should list exactly what's included:

Lot of 23 Women's sleeveless tops.

• Brand X, Small, Turquoise, New with tags, beaded detail, rayon fabric, measurements
  • Brand Y, Small/Med, Red, Preowned - no stains or holes, ribbed tank top, measurements
  • Brand Z, Small, Black, Preowned - no stains or holes, sheer lace, measurements
...etc, for each item.

The bulk of your listing was about mixed sizing and wanting to find another family with mixed sizing. There was some, but not enough relevant information about the actual items to attract more buyers.

This has happened with so many items that I've put on line?  This is the first time that I've put something extra like PLEASE see all pictures - I know that's not advised.   I have had views but really think that these arent showing up in normal average searches. This is one that I expected a lot of viewers and that is soooo rare for me.

I'm in the right categories and its down to just a little time and its not popping up?

`

Any advice?   Is there a problem with ebay?

eBay search typically has a lot of problems so you need to do what you can to make your titles relevant and concise, and make your descriptions relevant and concise. Once you get someone to click on your listing you want the to have all the information they need.

I hope this advice is helpful for your future listings.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

listing not showing up!

Me and my friend are having the same issue. I talked to Paul Lipsky in an email and he said that it shouldn't be doing that and if it continues then to contact EBAY. Ya, right like that's easy. I haven't found an answer so far so I came here.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

listing not showing up!

Hi, the way you are writing your titles currently may inhibit Search Engine Optimization or SEO. There are some “rules” to follow, suggested by eBay, to get Cassini to optimally index your listings, and secondarily to get picked up by SEs like Google that provide important traffic to your items.

First, drop the punctuation— search engines don’t like it. It is not essential and frees up important real estate in your title. Second, use the space for relevant keywords and descriptors. Remove extraneous words that are not searchable. (That would be “PLEASE see all pictures” for example.) Third, the latest data online suggests not using eBay acronyms, as they are not considered useful for SEO. The research says buyers are not using them as searchable keywords. 

Four, use Item Specific keywords in your title. It may seem redundant to repeat the keywords, but apparently Cassini likes it. Fifth, ensure all words are spelled correctly. And last, don’t overuse capitalization but do use it to emphasize the most important keywords or phrases in the title. 

This should help get you started. I also look at the Solds on eBay to see how successful sellers word their listing titles. Good luck to you moving forward and wish you much continued success.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

listing not showing up!

Well, at least 2 bidders found your item as that title is in your completed listings and sold around the time you posted here.  As the others have said...remove the punctuation (commas).

Message 6 of 6
latest reply