cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't I End Listings Any More?

I tried to end a listing today.  Could not.   the screen keeps saying they can't find that page.  Right.

Needless to say I could get in bad trouble if a listing remains on ebay and sells and I do not have the item any more. 

Have other sellers been able to end listings recently ?  It is 7/3/21. 

If so, how? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@mstcwrld7   I just ended a listing with no problem - seller hub ----->go to listing---->action and then just hit 'end listing'.   There have been a lot of glitches lately here, to also try closing and reopening the site.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

this happened to me yesterday....I was thinking of having my concierge call me but let it go 

I was so upset....tried 3 times.....................end listing is a shortcut under the  shortcut square

its next to cancel bids and block bidders

I sure woud like to know why an item cant be canceled from the item page.

I did not want to look for it in a list of 200 items............still needs to be canceled

seller hub has glitches some times so thank heavens for the many workarounds with ebay

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@mstcwrld7 wrote:

I tried to end a listing today.  Could not.   the screen keeps saying they can't find that page.  Right.

Needless to say I could get in bad trouble if a listing remains on ebay and sells and I do not have the item any more. 

Have other sellers been able to end listings recently ?  It is 7/3/21. 

If so, how? 

There are several ways a seller can end listings

• The listing itself
  • Individually on the seller hub active listings page
  • In batches on the seller hub active listings page
  • etc. 

The first think I would do is try all those options. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I am OP -- I have ended  many many listings but can't do it now. 

On the item page there is no "Action".  So I do not know what the first poster is referring to. Where is this "Action". ?

The End a Listing page is inaccessible.  I try it and the

There used to be a short cut to End  Listing but I do not see it now on my Seller Hub page.

No workaround is working. 

I will need to end several listings in the next week.  I see no way to do this.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

If the bug still exists; if you can still edit- raise the price by $5000. That'll stop anyone from buying until bug is fixed

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@mstcwrld7 wrote:

I am OP -- I have ended  many many listings but can't do it now. 

On the item page there is no "Action".  So I do not know what the first poster is referring to. Where is this "Action". ?

The End a Listing page is inaccessible.  I try it and the

There used to be a short cut to End  Listing but I do not see it now on my Seller Hub page.

No workaround is working. 

I will need to end several listings in the next week.  I see no way to do this.

@mstcwrld7  Are you on the 'seller page' rather than in the 'seller hub'?   The 'action' tick box is under 'active listings' in seller hub.   You can also go to the listing itself under 'active listings', and in the 'edit' drop down, and in that list you'll find 'end listing.'

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

From the seller hub / overview page find the 'listings' section and select 'active listings'.  Find the listing in question and check the box to the left.  At the top of that page is an 'action' option with an arrow.  When selected it opens a drop down menu and end is at the top.  Hope this helps...

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If you really can't end that listing, a temporary workaround is to raise the price of the item to an absurd amount, for instance a $20 item raise to $5000.  No one will buy it while you figure out whatever is preventing you from ending it. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

conwal1873
Scout

If the state is all that was missing, couldn't you have written it in by hand?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I think the same as you

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

jefrob6179
Scout

Acquisition cost and buy low sell high. Lately, sell higher and offer great quality merch that beats the big box guys. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

YES , I think so

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

After you end a number of auctions early they restrict your account from ending listings. The best action seems to be to change the starting to a much higher number. Happened to me, I get bored when there's no action on my listing and just end it but eBay doesn't like that.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply