cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why All listings have ZERO views?

Hey ebay community!

Yesterday I notice that all of the sudden all my listings have literally 0-1 views, I’m so confused of what happened or what could of caused this.. I’m not sure if there is a glitch on the system or it’s a way for eBay to restrict a seller, I’m not sure 🤔 Is anyone experiencing something similar and know why this happens? I’ve seen this happened before, but it usually corrects itself. Now it’s not and I’m not sure if I need to worry? I notice a drop in sales since this unknown crash.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Why All listings have ZERO views?

@fallgold4031 wrote:

A few years ago, items in things like airlines, railroads, etc., sold well.  Now, if you look at the "sold" history on some collectable items, interest has really fallen off.  A lot of younger people are just no longer interested in collecting things. 

Sure they are-- I sell loads of collectibles aimed at younger buyers. They just aren't interested in collecting the same things as older people.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

It is a pressure to increase promotional percentage imho. It is so strange i even get more watchers then viewers on some listings. Yes, i surely put myself as a watcher but that's it. I don't have time to watch through other accounts and there never was a need for that. But views were quite realistic indicator of interest. Gone.

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

I've been selling on here for 23 years. It just gets worse every year. Every time Ebay makes a change it hurts the seller. Doesn't anyone making the decisions actually look at the results of what their changes could mean to the seller. Getting so disgusted I'm about to close my store and go elsewhere. I don't care whether or not they are real people or bots. They are still connections and give me an idea of how many hits I have on any item. Then I can make a decision as to changing the price or not. Also, people looking for an item look at your auctions and see hardly anyone looked at it and make a decision that it may not be as popular as it is and skip over your item and go to someone else. Ebay has to stop making stupid decisions. 

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

Exactly. Another stupid decision by Ebay. This change is absolutely making a difference in sales. Used to sell & mail out 6-8 items a week or more. No almost no views and almost no sales. More people need to complain directly to Ebay. EBAY MUST STOP THIS!

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

I have been facing the same issue once ebay has made an algorithm update or something like that I have sold a few products of mine.  but now I have zero view . so there is no sales which is annoying. I hope ebay will fix it soon. 

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

SAME PROBLEM i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON!

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

I'm also selling some  zero views on the babebox cosmetics 💄 I'm trying to sell

You are not alone.

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

I agree turquoise I usually always sold my items because I list low.  Now it's no sales at my age I don't like. Might have to try other sales sites

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

I agree with most you said...most younger ladies like paparazzi jewelry instead of a better quality item.  😉  but they still notice a nice Rolex when they see it ... them glance away at their Apple 🍎 watch... it's the generational shift I'm glad my grand daughter is a old soul

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

eBay now offers you to pay to promote your item... coincidence?

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

I actually like the 30 day counter it tells me what action my listings do or don't have now.  

It might be useful to be able to switch from the rolling 30 day to a monthly view. 

I discovered my new listings are being sorted per the created date, not the listed date.  I had some listings in draft from last month I finally got around to finishing and they are sorted not when I finished the listing but when I initiated it last month.  It doesn't make any sense logically.  I redid them in fresh listings and they opened in the New LIstings at top where new listings are supposed to begin.    

My views are certainly being killed if my new listings are opening several pages down after the months old material. 

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

I too have noticed a drop off in sales.  Is it because of ebays latest "view" policy.  Not sure, but something happened.

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

Ebay really needs to appoint someone in their management to be a contact with sellers.  There are so many questions  that come up like this one, why zero views.  It would be so helpful for some Ebay management spokesperson to interject Ebay's policy / explanation on this.  It would really cut down on all of the back and forth speculation that goes on daily on various topics.  It would also reduce phone calls to the customer service reps.  

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

A year ago USPS was sending a separate truck out for my pickups every morning. Same items, same categories, but after 9/21, sales dropped off suddenly, then in 4/22 they all but stopped completely.

views after 4/22 are almost nil, but the drop off began last Sept.

Items that were getting 150 views and many bidders suddenly had zero.

I understand that trends change but not over night like this.

The economy is bad but it don't explain the low view counts and lack of bidders.

Something that concerned me is that I've had several messages from sellers who bought regularly in the past who suddenly want to know why I quit listing.

While on vacation a few weeks ago I tried to search using a borrowed computer, I tried searching exact titles of a few of my ads and got nothing, like they didn't exist, then searched items by user, and got nothing. I had to search either by item number or scroll through the entire category to find my one ad, they when I clicked on 'other items' I was able to find my other items. If  I couldn't find them by typing the full title into the search box, or any of the major key words then how would anyone else?

I searched for one, which was a bicycle part, and kept getting two pages of Chinese items completely unrelated to my item. If I had been a buyer, I'd likely have just looked at the first page, and left.

Sales are dead, I'm seeing almost no views, no watchers, and only four or five buyers all year. Something definitely changed, I can't believe that people all of a sudden lost complete interest in bicycles and fishing tackle all at the same time.

Message 30 of 51
latest reply