cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who likes seller hub beta?

This seller hub beta has removed all of our selling templates.  We're finding it challenging.  Is anyone else?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I tried it for about 10  minutes.  Didn't like it either so I removed it.   Much harder to access other areas of classic ebay.  The look reminds me of something you'd see on a mobile device..supersized.    If it isn't broke, don't fix it.  Ebay may like the new look, but we'll see what other sellers think. 

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Figures it would look like that. They want us to all have the same experience...as long as it's the mobile experience

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

lol, I'd just like to see the darned thing.........I must be at the bottom of the "rollout list".....

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@catzbunnies wrote:

I tried it for about 10  minutes.  Didn't like it either so I removed it.   Much harder to access other areas of classic ebay.  The look reminds me of something you'd see on a mobile device..supersized.    If it isn't broke, don't fix it.  Ebay may like the new look, but we'll see what other sellers think. 

Same here (on my selling id).  

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

How did you get rid of it. I'm not a fan...

Thanks!

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Answered my own question. Click on the ebay seller hub icon in the upper left, it takes you to the overview page and in the upper right is an opt out button!
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I took ONE look at the Selling Costs page, saw where they were lumping Shipping Labels into the Net Costs, even when the buyer PAID shipping, and used the result to tell me my Net Costs were higher than they actiually are.

Very poor math ... immediately Opted Out.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

I like it. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
Figures it would look like that. They want us to all have the same experience...as long as it's the mobile experience

This goes back a few years. Someone told Donahoe about cell phones and showed him an "app." Never mind that in most cases when desired items are found in mobile searches, the buyer actually uses a computer to do the actual finalizing and paying. I think it's like 70% of the time, if I recall the piece in eCommercebytes or wherever it was.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

This looks like a classic case of a software team getting very little input from experienced users. They have released a product that just wasn't ready for beta. I would like to know just how many experienced sellers did they sit down with and how many hours were spent on this?

I do like some of the new data presented and find it useful, but there are a LOT of bugs and omissions. I think I will really like the new application once they fix everything and I get used to the new look. I was happy with the old look, the new look just doesn't look as polished.

I think Ebay would have had a better product if they had just added a new "sales cost" page to the existing SMP application. Once they had that perfected perhaps they could have worked on an integrated product.

So without getting into a multi-page punch list here is my biggest problem with the new app:

Many of the sales and selling cost pages end up with a list of your sales and then some sort of data. Your specific item has the title, but no item number, record number, or ability to click on that item. There is a sequential number added to the title that is basically meaningless. 

For example I go to the selling cost page. I find the data very useful and would like to perhaps make some adjustments to the items, say shipping costs. I see my item description, but I can not click on it to open a window and make changes. There is new data presented but you can not do anything with it unless you get out a pencil or click and paste. If you go the the listings page you will find your item in a clickable form complete with item number. So the new data presented is in a format inconsistent with the old pages still being used.

You will also notice that he information in the new listings page is just the old SMP page with a new shell wrapped around it. This gives a clue as to how the new  Seller Hub was programmed. It's a new wrapper for old data with some new data pages added in. There is nothing wrong with that, I just wish they had made the new selling data pages more consistent with all the old pages in the sold, active listings, shipping labels, etc windows. 

Put another way the new data presented has a very different look and  (inferior) functionality than the old data now presented with a new wrapper. This makes the new hub look like 2 applications cobbled together. Which it is.

I do think if the software team gets some of the basic functionality down correct by getting beta input they will end up with a great app. It almost seems that there was no Software Requirements Document and Software Design Document but maybe that is considered Old School now.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I'm not on the waiting list for the seller hub.  I don't want it.  At least not for another year or two (which is probably how long it will take for it to become functional).

Can I just have my stand alone TRAFFIC REPORTS back?  PLEEEEEEASE!?!?

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I immediately signed up for the beta seller hub.  I really liked it overall.  Then, my monthly listings starting ending as expected.  I typically relist about 1000 items at a time.  Later, I found out that my unsold list contained items that had sold months ago.  Now I am getting sold items that sold months ago and I am having to refund about a quarter of my sales.  Since I have thousands of items, I have no clue what is truly in inventory and was mistakenly relisted.  I have to open each relist item and find the inventory number and check it against my database to see if it is truly available for relist.  DON'T TRY THE BETA VERSION! It will mess you up for weeks!  I did report this problem, but no one is going to repair my inventory but me.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I lasted about 2 or 3 hours and opted out. 

The main item page (listings) that sellers work from required scrolling and the scan of the page didn't seem intuitive to me.  

The competitive "suggestions" were really hit and miss, with a lot of garbage tossed in, but letting sellers work the "terapeak" type information is on the right track, imo.   

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

i love it.

cant believe how much time it saves me.

more time for more listings and/or other things.

tyvm for including me in the beta!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply