cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When taking a lower offer on an item means that the buyer does not have to pay the shipping?

On my sale of an Vintage Sandvik  Axe I took a lower offer .I was surprised to see that the buyer ,felt he was ill used at paying postage for the item .Check the feedback that was left and then comment please!  #1411 I don't know how I should respond to it. Puzzled

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: When taking a lower offer on an item means that the buyer does not have to pay the shipping?

Unless you actually told the buyer something different, shipping is what was shown, that does not change with accepting offers. As far as feedback, it is a green positive, so would either not reply or just say thank you and let it go at that. Most people that look at a sellers feedback are going to just be looking at the numbers and any red negatives, not reading what the buyers actually wrote for positive feedback. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: When taking a lower offer on an item means that the buyer does not have to pay the shipping?

No.  The shipping is not part of the offer process. The stated shipping in the listing is what the buyer pays. Does not matter if they made an offer or not.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The green feedback left wouldn't bother me. Leave feedback as you have to your other buyers. Carry on!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Unless you actually told the buyer something different, shipping is what was shown, that does not change with accepting offers. As far as feedback, it is a green positive, so would either not reply or just say thank you and let it go at that. Most people that look at a sellers feedback are going to just be looking at the numbers and any red negatives, not reading what the buyers actually wrote for positive feedback. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

One of the side effects of accepting an offer is some of the buyers are CHEAPSKATES.

In my experience, the lower the offer the greater the chance you will have a bad experience with a CHEAPSKATE.

Price realistically not optimistically and only  take offers at a modest discount, if at all.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you are very unhappy with the Feedback, remember that it is voluntary for both buyers and sellers.

I really doubt anyone will ever read a positive feedback.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Sometimes when you negotiate the offer you need to adjust the listing to the terms of the deal.  Assess who will pay for the shipping before agreeing to accept an offer and adjust shipping accordingly. You can always readjust if the buyer flakes after the offer expires

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Just to add: It's worthwhile when accepting an Offer to add a note to the offer like:

"Thank you for your Offer of $ 49.83 plus shipping."

Then if the customer objects you can end the transaction .

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Once and awhile someone offers more than the asking first bid!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply