cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When checking the ¨Sold¨ box a new window pops up

When I start to list something I always like to look at the sold items to see get a rough idea of what I should price something at.

For the last few days when checking the ¨Sold¨ box  a new window pops up with large blue bar at the top.  It contains my search words in the blue bar plus a whole page of sponsored and best match listings that are available, not sold items.   It  entirely covers the other page and I have to hit escape to get it off my screen.

Then when I try to click the sold box again it takes a few more times of back and forth before anything that has been sold comes up.  I noticed that this window also happened when I clicked on an Ebay listing that was on Google shopping.  When it took me to this listing in Ebay right away the blue bar page popped up.

I use a chromebook with the Google Chrome browser and wonder is this something chrome is doing or is something new Ebay is doing.  Has anyone else seen this?  I want to figure out if I can make this stop.  Is there anything in settings that you might know of?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: When checking the ¨Sold¨ box a new window pops up

Sounds like you've been hijacked with some sort of malware search bar. Run some malware scanners to get rid of it.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@lastade*  You might want to try posting this on the Technical Issues discussion board.  You might have some technically savvy people reading it and giving advice.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you I will cross post there.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Disregard - I figured out what happened.  I can download apps to a device with the chromebook and somehow I must have downloaded the ebay app.  It was getting confused with my other pages I was looking at through the web browser link I was logged into.  I uninstalled the app and am ok now.  This is my first chromebook and it takes getting used to after using the other types of computers all these years.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Disregard - I figured out what happened.  I can download apps to a my laptop as if it is a phone with the chromebook and somehow I must have downloaded the ebay app.  It was getting confused with my other pages I was looking at through the web browser link I was logged into.  I uninstalled the app and am ok now.  This is my first chromebook and it takes getting used to after using the other types of computers all these years.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply