cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer scam!

I had someone buy a Pop from me...I threw in a free common pop as he asked for it for free...Anyways he signed for the package then opens a case saying he never got it...He sent a photo of the box with the bubble envelope and case open but no $550 pop...Later on posted it on social media in the funko group showing his "Grail Mail"...Anyways ebay is in his favor and so he's mailing me back the free pop he asked for and keeping the $550 toy he claims he didn't get...Can i appeal? what can i do here? Why is ebay always in favor of the buyer? I sent so much proof but because it's off of social media facebook and instagram they don't take that into consideration and can't accept videos...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer scam!

If you have online proof that the buyer received the item then you should win the case. Just supply the tracking/signature info in the case.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Buyer scam!

I submitted 10 pictures, he's claiming i sent the $10 item not the $550 but i sent both...He posted online on social media and i screen shot it but ebay is in his side and does use social media post or anything outside of ebay into consideration...Not even his 5 neg feedback this week alone...Now he has the expensive pop, the one he asked for free and all i can do is appeal when it comes but don't know if or what that means...10 years buying and selling and never an issue till this...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Buyer scam!

Once you receive the "free" pop back - file a mail fraud report with the USPS online - keep the report number

file an IC3 with the Feds - keep the report number - call the police in his jurisdiction and say you need to file a report for insurance purposes - keep that report number - and it gets him on the cops radar - for which there mau already be complaints out about him. Take the numbers - appeal the decision and call Ebay to see they will decide the case in your favor and grant a courtesy refund to you.

Certain categories are full of scammers - especially when you have low feedback. Best to try and sell common small cost items - to get your feedback up. You could also write the buyer that you do know that he received the pop as you took screen shots of his Facebook and will be reporting him to the feds ( as using the mail to deceive is a federal offense) and cops for mail fraud unless the item is returned within 7 days.

I was lucky to have a cousin who was a retired FBI agent - living one town over from my scammer - when I told him my cousin would be coming over to collect the SNAD item he wanted to return - he suddenly decided to keep it. From his feedback left - I knew his return req was bogus and he was trying to scam me.

Let us know how things go!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buyer scam!

@tunicaslot wrote:

I was lucky to have a cousin who was a retired FBI agent - living one town over from my scammer - when I told him my cousin would be coming over to collect the SNAD item he wanted to return - he suddenly decided to keep it.

If a seller ever told me that, I would patiently explain that in order to preserve my Buyer Protection, I need a return label ... because "your cousin the ex-FBI agent" does not provide online viewable delivery confirmation  that is acceptable by eBay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Buyer scam!

I was lucky to have a cousin who was a retired FBI agent - living one town over from my scammer - when I told him my cousin would be coming over to collect the SNAD

___

I'd have asked you whether you'd be paying your cousins bail when I had him arrested for trespassing, and proceeded to get eBay to step in on the return.

You're lucky your buy was a coward, a lot of folks would have taken the FBI cousin as a threat and called your bluff.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply