cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Average Daily Sell-Through Rate ?

I'm curious what the average Daily Sell-Through rate is across the board.

Obviously, the sell through rate is heavily reliant on a ton of different factors. 

I'm just curious if there is a super broad number I can use as a base to be able to crunch some numbers and set goals for myself. If I can figure out an average sell-through rate with a goal of x profit per month, I'll have an idea on how many listings I need to have active to meet that goal. 

Example;

If I had a goal of $10,000 per month with an average profit of $18 per item, I'll need to sell 556 units a month. Using a 15% monthly sell-through rate, I'lI know I need to have around 3,700 items active at all times, which should result in around 18-19 sales per day on average.  (0.5% (0.005) Daily Sell-through rate)

• 3,700 items active
  • 556 Items Sold within 30 day period
  • 15% Monthly Sell-through rate
  • 18-19 Items Sold Daily
  • .5% (0.005) Daily Sell-Through rate

*This also tells me it takes around 6.7 months to clear out inventory*

Should I use 0.5% , 1% ,  5%? Anything in between? 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: What is the Average Daily Sell-Through Rate ?

I have a store of 1500

15 new items a day. 

420 a month 

We typically sell 140 a month 

Which is 33% sell through. 

We started 9 months ago. 

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

TY so much for taking the time to share these thoughts.  I'm an avid part-time Dasher, looking to transition my side-hustle to eBay.  This post makes tons of sense to me ("It is what it is." LOL).  You've probably saved me months of frustration in trying to find the moving goal post.  Much appreciated!

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply