cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with the log in page?

Pretty much every site I routinely access, including eBay, has placed cookies on my computer so that when I access the site I am automatically logged in.

HOWEVER for the past day or so every time I access eBay I must log in personally. Even though I click “stay logged in” if I exit and then re-enter I need to enter my password again. Even if it is just a matter of minutes. Not the end of the world, but a slightly irritating waste of time.

I notice the page has been redesigned.

Is it just me or is it every one?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Same here tonight. Very annoying, hope it gets fixed soon.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

As you indicated, eBay is changing their sign-on page.

Try deleting your eBay-related cookies and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Same here ... annoying login EVERY TIME.

Ebay: But it’s to insure your security ...

Me: You need to concentrate on the verification security of your CS allowing buyers to call in and impersonate sellers and “socially engineer” them to authorize their own refund.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I've been getting a new sign in page for the last... 24 hours? One that offers me to log in through Facebook (WHYYY???) or to text a temporary password...

Made me double check to see if I was on the real eBay or if I had mistyped the address...

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

same here
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

There's been a lot of recent reports of various glitches within eBay. Many of them ebay already knows of and acknowledges. So as a global fix to all of those glitches, ebay decided to get their development team and redesign the login page.

Thanks eBay. Now we miraculously don't need that pile of glitches to be fixed anymore. Way to polish a turd there. 😁

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Why make a change to something that is not broken. Leave well enough alone and concentrate on something more important to sellers!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

There's been a lot of recent reports of various glitches within eBay. Many of them ebay already knows of and acknowledges. So as a global fix to all of those glitches, ebay decided to get their development team and redesign the login page.

Thanks eBay. Now we miraculously don't need that pile of glitches to be fixed anymore. Way to polish a turd there. 😁

Why make a change to something that is not broken. Leave well enough alone and concentrate on something more important to sellers!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Why? So they could break it, which they've apparently done! Starting yesterday, every time I leave eBay I have to sign in again when I come back. Annoying. And the "Keep Me Signed In" box does not work at all. Doesn't seem to matter which browser I use and it shouldn't matter anyway. Great job!

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

I've seen two different re-designed login pages in the last few days.

I guess dinking around with the login page is an easier way to collect a paycheck than fixing all the bugs on the site.

It's really pretty shameful.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@gopetersen wrote:

I guess dinking around with the login page is an easier way to collect a paycheck than fixing all the bugs on the site.

Agreed. 

Ebay ... where “tweaking” consistently makes things worse.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

ebay is starting to serve up the sign up buffet page you'll get to choose sometimes German,Russian,Chinese or American. Take a week or two to begin showing up to the masses,but its got to be a sellers browser has been the response so far....

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

Pretty much every site I routinely access, including eBay, has placed cookies on my computer so that when I access the site I am automatically logged in.

HOWEVER for the past day or so every time I access eBay I must log in personally. Even though I click “stay logged in” if I exit and then re-enter I need to enter my password again. Even if it is just a matter of minutes. Not the end of the world, but a slightly irritating waste of time.

I notice the page has been redesigned.

Is it just me or is it every one?

Every-single-time, if I forget and close the browser.......

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@gopetersen wrote:

I've seen 3 versions.

First, the old page, which worked just fine, started having troubles loading 3 or 4 days ago.  That's usually an indication something is about to be "fixed".

Then I got the new page, which was no better or different (other than being even bigger, with even more white space) than the old one, and the pre-checked "keep me logged in" was harder to see (I don't like this feature, and don't want to stay logged in on any device on any site).

Then yesterday, I got a different new page with the Facebook login taking up the entire right side.  I'm not sure what the obsession with Facebook is.

Then a while ago, I got the same page, only now it has a big vertical line down the middle with "or" on it. 

For what purpose? 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply