cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if a variation is out of stock

I sell metal signs and I recently converted each of my listings to have 8 variations. I make to order, so I always have plenty of stock. I have over 1,000 listings. If one of the variations runs out of stock, I just found out, It does not show anywhere or notify me in any way.  It seems the system will not show any out of stocks as long as just one variation in the listing has inventory.  On the manage inventory page, I can filter for low stock or out of stock and both show zero--even though I am clearly out of some variations within listings (a customer gave me the heads up).

I guess I am going to have to run my numbers for eBay out of Shipstation and manually look on eBay at any item with high sales.

Does anyone know of a report or solution within eBay to address this problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You are correct- there is no way to view out of stock variations and there really needs to be. This is a feature that has been requested, but I haven't seen them offer any updates.

Currently there are 2 ways to see out of stock variations- the first is to check your orders page. If you scroll down recent orders you will see quantity such as 1 (0 available) indicating that the buyer purchased 1 and you now have 0 left. I found that's the easiest way to keep up with it. Of course when you have thousands of listings it's a lot to keep up with.

The other way is very labor-intensive- to a painful level when you have a lot of listings- and that's to go through your listings one by one. On your active listings page click on the link below each listing title that says [8 variations] and that will take you to a page that shows your stock- you can update the quantity from there without having to go into the listing to edit.

There is also no way to filter your listings to view only those with variations so you have to scroll through your entire active listings list page by page.

tyler@ebay- Following up on this post-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-March-27-1-00-pm-PT-General...

More people are looking for these filters! Do you have an update?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You are correct- there is no way to view out of stock variations and there really needs to be. This is a feature that has been requested, but I haven't seen them offer any updates.

Currently there are 2 ways to see out of stock variations- the first is to check your orders page. If you scroll down recent orders you will see quantity such as 1 (0 available) indicating that the buyer purchased 1 and you now have 0 left. I found that's the easiest way to keep up with it. Of course when you have thousands of listings it's a lot to keep up with.

The other way is very labor-intensive- to a painful level when you have a lot of listings- and that's to go through your listings one by one. On your active listings page click on the link below each listing title that says [8 variations] and that will take you to a page that shows your stock- you can update the quantity from there without having to go into the listing to edit.

There is also no way to filter your listings to view only those with variations so you have to scroll through your entire active listings list page by page.

tyler@ebay- Following up on this post-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-March-27-1-00-pm-PT-General...

More people are looking for these filters! Do you have an update?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for your quick and kind reply! That's what I thought.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have also had this problem, although, I don't have nearly the number of listings you do, which would make it difficult to keep track of.
For me, I just try to keep an eye on listings with variations and their quantities since I don't have that many.
It would be nice to be alerted though.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I don't even think of this as a feature. It is the kind of basic functionality eBay overlooks while the programmers are wasting time moving buttons around and changing their colors.

I can think of a dozen other things that are sorely needed that they aren't providing. This company really doesn't listen to people on the front lines (the sellers).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

it has been almost 10 months since you posted the Q.

isn't there any update for the Variation inventory?

Why eBay does not have the function basic of the basic?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Still no word.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay will politely say there aren’t enough complaints about this lack of functionality to even consider addressing. This wheel isn’t squeaking loud enough.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply