cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Going on With Sales???????

I really DO NOT understand why ebay throws the switch when we are selling a lot. It is not fair. I sold 37 or more items in 2 days and today not one sale. It makes no sense that this is a natural occurance. Kind of like ebay thinks it is ok to just not send out our news letters and not tell anyone until it is fixed. Sketchy and scandolous if you ask me.

pgozzy
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: What is Going on With Sales???????

From the current User Agreement:
"To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer.
Some advanced listing upgrades will only be visible on certain Services."

Never forget...ebay is your "partner".
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

@themagicmountain wrote:

Sellers are struggling, for sure. And the strange pattern you notice has been noticed by many sellers who sell many ways in different categories.

What is going on? No one seems to know. No, a B&M store doesn't have 37 customers in one day at peak sales time, then nothing for days lol.

But you will encounter those who will blame you and other sellers, instead of having a decent discussion about the issue and how to make things better.

No one is blaming the seller.

But I still do not believe ebay is hiding listings or has a cap on how much someone can sell here before he is turned off.

And if anything can be fixed imo it would be to do away with freebies for anything other than new listings and to cap how many listings a drop shipper or big box store can list at any one time.

If one sold well yesterday but nothing today it just could be because your category was just inundated with a bunch of similar listings that you are now competing with.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
From the current User Agreement:
"To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer.
Some advanced listing upgrades will only be visible on certain Services."

Never forget...ebay is your "partner".

I wonder if everyone paid for their listings if that would fly.  It would be services not rendered.

When something is free, imo, you get what you pay for.

I still say back in the day before freebies, I had never seen or heard the word throttling.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Store owners "pay" and get a bunch of free listings...curious if store owners get diminished exposure....
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
Store owners "pay" and get a bunch of free listings...curious if store owners get diminished exposure....

And that is the distinction.

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

If I had 37 sales in 2 days, I'd be happier than a clam -- but only for a few minutes. LOL!

I think I'd actually be praying for a day or so without a sale so I could get them all out the door on time. My mail lady would have to bring a bigger truck!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Of corse, we all "knew" it, without proof, fo years. The proof has now existed for more than three years. No change. It's gotten worse. Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this?
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Yes, store owners get diminished exposure. Yes, ebay hides listings. There is no other explanation for my current sluggish sales in my niche.
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

I do love ebay but it use to be so much simpler and about us the seller. Now it is all about ebay controling us, our products, our traffic and now even hiding our posts? Whats next?

pgozzy
Message 24 of 35
latest reply

"To drive a positive USER experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer."

If logic exists, "user" means BUYER...if it means buyer AND seller, logic does not exist.
In short...logically...you're NOT ebay's customer.

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
"To drive a positive USER experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer."

If logic exists, "user" means BUYER...if it means buyer AND seller, logic does not exist.
In short...logically...you're NOT ebay's customer.

Actually this can be a good thing for a seller.

In my case there are a few on here who list the same three or four bands but have a different listing for each size from 4 to 14 (full and half sizes) - based on what I see when I go into his screen name.

But when I do a search for platinum wedding band, I am glad ebay limits his exposure because it gives my two listings a fighting chance to be seen.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@papyruspapillo wrote:
Of corse, we all "knew" it, without proof, fo years. The proof has now existed for more than three years. No change. It's gotten worse. Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this?

I have NEVER seen PROOF yet. Can you give us some PROOF.  Looking at you sales record there is no PROOF at all. Yes, you may have items closer to the bottom of best match do to your feedback, but not hidden. Your prices are reasonable so lucky for you buyers search lowest price first and you are able to be seen.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

I think sales have been pretty consistant, as long as I keep adding items to my listings.

I've had the best two weeks ever this December.  I have no complaints about any particular time of this past year. 

Some product makes the sales. Some don't.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

Not really having a problem with my listings in searches.
My current problem is eBay making my Returns decisions for me. And no way to opt out.
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

General response to no one in particular.

I've stopped buying for now, until at least after the first of the year.  The mail and shipping systems are too messed up and I can't rely on any tracking information.  I have almost everything that was ordered, but there are a few stragglers and I really can't be sure when they will arrive.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 30 of 35
latest reply