cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

Curious to know if any other sellers are having these silly but frustrating eBay platform problems?

(1) When trying to do a bulk cancellation of listings before GTC rolls them over, eBay webpage freezes, i.e., browser does not resolve to any page; using bulk cancellation for just 1 or 2 listings, page does not resolve; when trying to cancel a listing from drop down menu next to the listing itself, the platform forces me to log in again which leads to next problem:

(2) never ending "please verification yourself"  process when forced to sign back on to the site (captcha puzzle - move the piece of the puzzle, after doing this I get the logon page, it asks for my logon credentials, I login and return to the puzzle - circular problem until I request a temporary password, as the workaround) - still cannot cancel listings once I'm logged in and eventually eBay asks me to verify myself, etc etc. circular.

(3) Remove contact info and/or links to non-eBay websites from listings : In seller hub and also via email, eBay dings me for having non eBay links in my listings that are not in my listing. The only links in the listings they point out are links to an eBay search of my store to call attention to items related to the item being listed. These are not shortened urls, I learned that lesson long ago. To experiment, I remove the link, but eBay still dings me for some of these listings.  Very frustrating because I try to play by the rules and have never in 20 years gone around eBay to make a sale that was generated by an eBay listing - even when buyers have contacted me directly to do so.

BTW - I still hate GTC and curse the extra work eBay is causing me while rotating and refreshing 2,000 items thru a 1,000 item store. There's much more to list, but I think that's enough for now, any thoughts? Thank you!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

I had the verification messages with the silly puzzles sometimes up to 5 or 6 in a row before logging in EVERY time last week all week right after clearing my browsers cache and cookies. it finally stopped a few days ago. super annoying

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

I am in the same boat as you as far as cursing all the extra work ending items and relisting them to not incur extra charges with a Premium Store which carries over 1600 listings. It has cut way into adding NEW FRESH items to my store. Simply do not have enough time in the day to keep up with all the added extra dog work. The new stuff will just have to wait because staving off the unwarranted GTC fees is PRIORITY number 1!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

My Watch List only displays the first page.  When I select page 2 through 5 I get the message:

We looked everywhere.

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

I hope it doesn't turn into ... "How The Glitch Stole Christmas" christmas_treeSmiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

@sunsync 

Re the captcha idiocy....

Have you tried using a different browser?

I was getting the same thing on IE (still do if I try to use it) but only briefly on FireFox and Chrome never happened. Of course I find FF & Chrome have their own other issues lol Can't win for trying sometimes.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

My latest PIT posterior is a message saying "server down. try at sometime later"
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
My latest PIT posterior is a message saying "server down. try at sometime later"

I receive that message now and then, but, for me, it always ends up to be an issue with my WiFi connection (which is not the greatest).

Not saying that's what you've experienced--not trying to deny or diminish what you've encountered. Just sharing what I've run into.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

@sunsync 

Re the captcha idiocy....

Have you tried using a different browser?

I was getting the same thing on IE (still do if I try to use it) but only briefly on FireFox and Chrome never happened. Of course I find FF & Chrome have their own other issues lol Can't win for trying sometimes.

Yes, from many reports posted here, it appears that different browsers and mobile platforms have different glitches.  Seems like eBay has written off full Internet Explorer compatibility early (prior to the January 2020 Microsoft support deadline). 

If eBay wanted to promote sales, they could partner with Sellers and promote discounts and specials on new computers (for computers that will be outdated in 2020). 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

Well I think it's a total fib anyway as if I try again immediately it works fine LOL
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
Well I think it's a total fib anyway as if I try again immediately it works fine LOL

@pink.fish.rule 

That's what happens to me, too. It reminds me of the "telephone" ring we hear when we call someone--which has nothing whatsoever to do with what's happening on the other end. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

Yes, it stopped for me several days ago, and re-started today - I did all the cache clearing, rebooting, etc etc as well
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

Not only is this taking time away from adding fresh items but it caused me to miss the eBay UpFront event in Brooklyn last Thurs. As much effort as I put into  being a good eBay citizen, it's never enough. Management does not realize that by causing their seller to shoot themselves in the foot, they're shooting themselves in the foot as well.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

I'm on Safari with regard to the Captcha, and the problem has not resolved after half a day.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

GLITCH de JOUR VOLUME 2

bulk feedback not working today!
Message 14 of 14
latest reply