cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do when buyers do not leave feed back

I always leave feed back when I sell or buy something, but 75-85% of the time I don't see feed back from buyers.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: What do you do when buyers do not leave feed back

Nothing, asking for feedback by contacting buyers could get bad results.  I have left 40k and received 24k.  

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I've read that about 20% to 30% of buyers leave feedback on any given venue.
Message 3 of 36
latest reply

What you don't do is poke the bear.

You just be greatful that the transaction appears to have been successful.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@lyssewart_0 wrote:

I always leave feed back when I sell or buy something, but 75-85% of the time I don't see feed back from buyers.

I do nothing. It just doesn’t matter. 

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

In the words of Alfred E. Newman:  "What -- me worry?"

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

My personal feedback prerogative is that I leave it after the buyer leaves it for me. So if they don't leave it, I do nothing. As a buyer I will always leave feedback as soon as I receive the item. 

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

I leave feedback a day or so after I ship.

I don't care about buyer feedback.

As posted, don't poke the bear.

Many buy as a "guest", and leave no feedback.

Buyer feedback is basically meaningless, so many  buyers do not bother to leave any for a seller.

Some buyers do care, and will neg a seller that does not leave feedback for them. That is 1 of the reasons why I leave it for the buyer after I ship.

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

@lyssewart_0 wrote:

Appears for some unknown reason, that the transaction wasn't sufficiently motivational, to prompt the buyer to expend the effort of leaving you feedback, positive or negative.

Just move on, Hope for a better result next time.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

I would contact them in any way possible. Email, phone number (in sales record), snail mail letter, telegram, find them on Facebook and/or LinkedIn and say

"PUUUUUUUUHLEEEEEEEEEAAAASE leave me positive feedback and leave a comment that I am 'the best seller in the world'."

My feedback comments that I've received speak for themselves on how successful this method is.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I would contact them in any way possible. Email, phone number (in sales record), snail mail letter, telegram, find them on Facebook and/or LinkedIn and say

"PUUUUUUUUHLEEEEEEEEEAAAASE leave me positive feedback and leave a comment that I am 'the best seller in the world'."

My feedback comments that I've received speak for themselves on how successful this method is.

My new prerogative: I'm gonna try this. Sounds like a foolproof plan! 

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

What do you do when buyers do not leave feed back...

Cash their check? 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I bet something short and sweet would work better, like

"Leave me feedback NOW before I TP your house and egg your car!!!!"

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Hello, as others have said, don't poke the bear. As a seller, I do the best job that I can with packing, shipping time, and customer service. If I don't receive feedback or hear from the buyer, I take this as they are happy with the transaction. I always leave feedback for buyers about 48 hours after delivery whether they leave me feedback or not.

If you ask for feedback... You just might get it...and not the kind you were looking for. What if a customer is borderline unsatisfied (for whatever reason) but decided to let it go...you asking for feedback might just convince them to let you know what they think. (poking the bear) 

As a buyer, one thing I hate is feedback begging. For me, that results in no feedback being left. If I'm happy with the transaction and product, I'll come back and leave good feedback. I hate when sellers ask for feedback right away. Before I even had time to use or inspect my item. This is just me. 

Cecily
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Who cares? There is no integrity in the feedback system. You can't even see who it's from, you can't leave bad bidders/buyers negative to warn other sellers. The system is flawed. 

Message 15 of 36
latest reply