cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

Each month, we like to set goals, make plans, or just put together a quick list of the things we want to accomplish, resolve, achieve, or finish during that month.  This thread has been a tradition of the Building/Starting An eBay Business boards for as long as I can recall.  It's also a chance for those participating to socialize a bit without violating board rules.

So what is it you'd like to commit to (non-binger - we all realize life happens when you make other plans!), or are working to continue during the month of June 2021?

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

Had two new sales this morning to get shipped - one bulk order, one single order.  Then when I get home, I've got two more, including one PC item I've been trying to sell for over a year.  I guess I finally just stumbled into the right price and the right buyer.  🙂

I'm making a list of all the errands I need to do this weekend, otherwise I know I'll forget at least 2 or 3 and that's half of what I need to get done!  Youngest is going to re-tire my truck Saturday afternoon, when customer works slows to a crawl and he's got time to do it without losing customer time.  I'm going to put the new grille in the truck as well - he needs to see if it will fit (F-150 and Expedition shared front body panels for a while, then diverged.  If this grille is part of the shared time, we're good.  If not, youngest knows someone who would be interested and I can get my money back.  Then I start my search again.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 46 of 70
latest reply

Boy, no sales since last weekend.  Still at 6/10.   Looks like we are in for a slow summer.  How is it going for others?

Have a good week.

Message 47 of 70
latest reply

Ridiculously slow here! 

@agnes-40  Agnes, glad to hear from you! Congrats on the new and upcoming additions to the family. What is your grandson doing in the UK? Please check in once in a while, just to keep us updated, even if you're not selling right now. With as slow as it's been, you're not missing out on much! 

Debbie, we have driven up to North Myrtle but stay in plain ol Myrtle Beach. I think it's typically less expensive and had the touristy attractions/shops. I think after meeting my sister there this summer, we might in the future try North Myrtle or somewhere else altogether. My sister is in Wisconsin. That's where we're from. My daughters will help with Noah, but no one likes to go into the ocean except Noah and my husband. The one likes lying on the beach and the other doesn't even like being out there. She always gets really sick feeling when out in the sun. But we'll have to make it work. It's only a 3 hour drive, so that's not an issue. 

I just can't believe how slow it is. I am sure these next two days being Prime Day will be slower here as well.  I just read that a lot of retailers are offering great deals the next two days to compete with AMZ. It would be nice if ebay tried to entice some buyers with a coupon or something. 

I am only sitting at around 133ish/250 and there are only 9 days left in the month. 

Message 48 of 70
latest reply

@karmy2005 

Karmy, someone asked a question about how you ship so cheaply and have such good feedback. 

Message 49 of 70
latest reply

WELL, I AM SELLING OK I GUESS. I HAVE 19/20.

I AM READY TO GO ON VACATION,. 

CLAY 

Message 50 of 70
latest reply

Hi DRSK, they were married in the UK. His wife is from the UK.  They have their first child.  I don't ask questions. I will wait and see.  Praying your son is doing well.  I haven't decided what decisions I will make.  God bless you. 

Message 51 of 70
latest reply

Glad to hear you are doing well, Agnes.....and Clay.......better than me for sure. 

18/38.......very very slow for me, also......Downright.........Better Half is doing much better than I.  Not great, but alot more sales.   I'm trying to get listings up.......9 yesterday, and hopefully some tonite.  Did some cooking today, so perhaps I can get more up today.  For some reason, pain in right hand at the wrist....think it's because my keyboard has wandered out of position and hand is resting on the desk awkwardly.....lol, I'd like to think "work related"..

On the animal front.......had a chipmunk entertain us picking at the suet feeder for a couple of days, but seems to have taken off for greener pastures.  Also learned something......birds eat lettuce!  I had picked 4 big heads, but left some that were just coming up and BH called me to see a small bird, we couldn't tell whether a sparrow or what, sitting there tearing small pieces off the plants that were left.....no big damage, just surprised me.  We've always had wild rabbits, but they've never bothered anything......

Oddly enough, it's cold outside......in the mid 60's, but cold wind out of the north, not complaining.....I feel for the people in the west/mid west with the 100's.......that I couldn't bear.

Good Selling to All!!!

Message 52 of 70
latest reply

With all the decades of keyboarding I've done, I'm extremely thankful that my wrists are not yet complaining.  I keep my keboard well forward of where I sit, so that my forearms rest on the tabletop and I only need to flex a wee bit at the wrist, even less if I lift my forearm a bit (I do that with the right hand, which seems more move around the keyboard more).

I've had 15 shipments for 54 sales - about half the shipments are multiples.  It's been an oddly strong month, much more than I expected.  A few of those sales were some of my pricier PC items, so that's good too.

Work has been slowing for a few weeks, but we're starting to see a glimmer of a turn-around.  I've been ending/updating/relisting a lot of our older stale merchandise, especially the in-season stuff, and it's starting to show up in our sales numbers.  It's just so mind-numbing... I'm going to talk with the boss about upgrading our subscription on SixBit to open up the features that would allow me to have SB do a lot of the ending/relisting thing -- I'd just need to keep ahead of it as far as format, description, title changes, and Item Specific requirements.  But it would definitely be helpful when it comes to all the new listings we are creating each day!

My 4x6 label printer finally bit the dust.  Only the second one I've had since 1990 or 1991.  I've had the replacement for a while now, just didn't want to go thru the hassle of replacing it - changing the physical device is a snap, it's getting it talking to all the proper programs where I use it that can be annoying.  🙂

Got the new tires mounted on the truck finally -- logically I know that the ride is probably not impacted that much, and the ride-height not at all, but the illogical side of me says it's smoother, quieter, less noisy when hitting a road surface defect (pothole or unpatched crack), and that I'm sitting at least a foot higher than before.  🙂  These tires, and the ones I just replaced, have the same diameter as the factory tires... they just have less sidewall and larger chromed rims.  But it still feels so nice..... 🙂  And I just know that -everyone- is looking and feeling a bit jealous!  🙂  Or maybe not, but I thnk so and that's good enough for today.

It was beautiful weather today, but we're now getting back to hotter, sweatier, and more rain - yeck!  And why does it always ran on the weekends during the summer!!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 53 of 70
latest reply

Bob,  for a while I used ergonomic keyboards.  That definitely helped with the wrist.  In fact my doctor ordered it because my hands were experiencing so much arthritis.  Move from Tn to NJ and that helped a lot more.

Had cataract surgery on my right eye Monday and in two weeks will have the left eye done.  Really hasn't been bad except putting the eye drops in --- my eye lids battle with me, trying to close.

I am at 50 sales, which isn't even halt of 2019.  I have started using that as a benchmark instead of 2020. 

Store was away for the last weekend, didn't want to deal with sales and the eye stuff at the same time.  That probably hurt too.   Work suddenly got crazy so I haven't even had time to get new listings created.  I know that has some affect.  Next week we are off for 4th of July so I expect to get a lot of new listings done.

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

I think we will wait to build the shed until fall hoping that the cost of lumber comes down.

Do they have Steel Sheds by you ?

Message 55 of 70
latest reply

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not on these forums too often. I've been shipping cards in a regular white envelope for a long time. I've written an article talking about how to do this on sportscardinvestor which is sponsored by ebay. Since this is an ebay sponsored site, people from ebay read my article and I'm assuming it caused them to come up with the ebay standard envelope which is what I'm using right now. Hope this article will help answer your question.

ebay.jpg

Message 56 of 70
latest reply

@karmy2005 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not on these forums too often. I've been shipping cards in a regular white envelope for a long time. I've written an article talking about how to do this on sportscardinvestor which is sponsored by ebay. Since this is an ebay sponsored site, people from ebay read my article and I'm assuming it caused them to come up with the ebay standard envelope which is what I'm using right now. Hope this article will help answer your question.

I've had similar experiences over my selling career.  Everything from being called out at a session at one of the eBay Live events, to contributing to over a dozen eBay-related books/guides, to a short spot on a local news series on micro businesses.  Most of those happened not because I'm the greatest seller on the site or the most listened to guru -- they happened because I was willing to say "Yes" when asked for help.  Something I'd been doing since the mid-70s, when personal computers were just getting started and we all helped each other because that's just what geeks & nerds did.  And still do.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 57 of 70
latest reply

He has his Doctorate in Music.  He is a composer/arranger of music.  It's the 1st anniversary of the company.  (I don't know what else to call it).  The 3 young men were homeschooled  all the away through until they got to University Level.  One of the three works for a large company -working on computer games.  He is the band leader in the church.   Their other grandmother has passed away.  She was a wonderful woman. I handed their mother a cornet when she was 2 years old.  I told them God gave them their talents and that it's what's in their hearts that count.  I was groomed by our bandmaster to go to Temple U., but I went to nursing school instea birthdad.  More importantly, it's my husband's birthday to day. 

Blessings and happy sales.  

Message 58 of 70
latest reply

Happy belated birthday to your husband, Agnes. You have such an interesting and talented family! 

Bob, Yay! on the new wheels! Of course they ride better and make you look cool! 

Clay, where are you going on vacation? Alone or with family?

Postcard, you moved from TN to NJ  and it helped with your arthritis? How long were you in NJ and how did that help? I feel like my arthritis was much worse in WI because it's so cold there, although it is deadly humid down here and I can remember my grandma saying the cold didn't bother her, but she always felt the humidity in her arthritic fingers. 

My sales are even worse than pre-covid. I am not sure what to do at this point. I've ended, tweaked, and relisted some, I am listing more of a variety, thinking maybe  that would help. Sales have just dropped off a cliff. 

It has not been as hot here are it usually is this time of year, but the humidity sure resurfaced. There were several days last week Noah couldn't even go swimming with DH before he left for work (their summer tradition since we've lived down here) because it was too cold. 

Now, if we could just have it a bit warmer, with less humidity and a lot less bugs, it would be perfect. 

I think for sales, I am only around 175ish this month.  I've had a couple returns and cancellations, and an accepted off who didn't pay. They buyer in ONE week of opening the account had 9 FB for not paying! I don't even understand why ebay let's people do that. He's all positive, of course, but they all say unpaid, and those are only the people who left feedback. I am not sure how people even leave feedback after an unpaid cancellation. I sure don't see a place to even do that, not that I would anyhow. 

I am convinced if I could find that listing fairy to help me get more listed, my sales would increase. 

I forgot where Yme is for sales, but I think it was around 130. 

Message 59 of 70
latest reply

DRSK,

I think I confused you.  I moved from NJ to Tn and it helped the arthritis. 

Tn gets shorter periods of bitter cold.  The cold is also dryer, not as damp as it was in NJ.

Message 60 of 70
latest reply