cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcoming the holiday shoppers

A buyer messaged me saying how upset he is that he didn't receive their item but tracking shows delivered. I gave my usual, check with neighbors, friends, PO, ask for the delivery scan GPS location, etc. I got the usual quick reply "I did, got nothing, give me my refund."

I was sick at the time and didn't get to the reply for about 2-3 days. The buyer filed an INR and send multiple explanations about how he is in a new housing development and all his mail goes to a specific area with all the other houses, and the mail carrier doesn't know the new routes and always messes up, always ending each message with give me my refund.

I already won the INR as he escalated and lost. I finally replied and asked what did the PO tell him when he asked for the GPS? Mentioned that they can help locate your lost package.

Buyer gets offended and replies "If you don't believe me and think I'm lying fine. I'm not going to get upset over something for $15. I buy tons of things online every week, so I'll just stop buying on ebay. If you add up all the money I've spent you'll miss me when I'm gone!!"

Moral of the story: Happy Holidays Everyone!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Welcoming the holiday shoppers

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

I usually shut everything down around mid November so I don't have to deal with Holiday shoppers.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

'Tis the season @iamalwaysright . My favorite so far this week was, "Send me $31. Instant payment." Took me a while to realize that one wasn't asking me to send them $. They were demanding a lower price and expected me to send them an offer.

GLORIOUS!

USPS rates increase July 1st & 14th. Read more here.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

'Tis the season @iamalwaysright . My favorite so far this week was, "Send me $31. Instant payment." Took me a while to realize that one wasn't asking me to send them $. They were demanding a lower price and expected me to send them an offer.

That's a one-way trip to the Blocked Bidder list if ever I saw one.    At least they outed themselves before buying. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"I usually shut everything down around mid November so I don't have to deal with Holiday shoppers."

This may be one of the reasons you "only sell two items a year" and have decided to leave eBay.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

holy moly-that was pretty nervy! hope that's the last squirrelly buyer you get this season!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

That's a one-way trip to the Blocked Bidder list if ever I saw one.    At least they outed themselves before buying. 

They bought before I got to their message. Going to a freight forwarder.

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@moldy5 wrote:

holy moly-that was pretty nervy! hope that's the last squirrelly buyer you get this season!

haha if you saw what I've been dealing with all week (and it's only Wed) ...

My customer service skills have definitely been put to the test this week.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

"If you don't believe me and think I'm lying fine. I'm not going to get upset over something for $15. I buy tons of things online every week, so I'll just stop buying on ebay. If you add up all the money I've spent you'll miss me when I'm gone!!"

It's Time to block this buyer

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Haha ooooh. When I read it I immediately thought it was just a lack of punctuation and sentence structure on an existing purchase and the buyer was being friendly and wanted to say “Send me (please send me the item). $31, instant payment (I just paid you $31 for it. Thanks).”

Message 10 of 10
latest reply